Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Anyone here who did their Oaths on Oct 1st hasn't received their certificate? What's the average time to receive it? If the certificates are mailed out from Scarborough to Toronto, any regular mail would only take about 3-5 business days (speaking from experience).
I had my oath on Oct 4 - I received my certificate on Oct 8.. But my spouse's certificate arrived only on Oct 15... even though the stamp on the envelope was Oct 6.. so Canada Post screwed up the envelope for a good week..

Reactions: Hapique and hallooo

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
SCR office, seems like they send test invite every 3 or 4 weeks, or may be after 20 days. Seems like every office has a limit for number of exam invites per period. SCR office sends test invite only on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This week few March/2020 applicants got the invite.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
The fact that the minister didn’t want to comment on this, speaks volumes. Jagmeet Singh said it best! “The fact that there are allegations and concerns of racism in a department that deals with people who are racialized is deeply, deeply troubling and cannot continue”
I've dealt with IRCC on 4 different occasions:
1. For my PR card - Received PPR and CoPR in less then 4 months after submitting documents. At a time when the average processing time was 6 months
2. For my spouse's parents' visit visa - Received approval in 10 days (average processing time for a visit visa from india was 21 days)
3. For my parents' visit visa - Received approval is 20 days (average processing time for a visit visa from Saudi Arabia was 30 days)
4. My citizenship - Completed oath within 9.5 months of submitting documents (average processing time is 12 months on paper, but 16-18 months+ in reality)

On the flip side, my federal security clearance is pending for approval since April 2019 (average processing time is less than 6 months, and I have been waiting 2.5 years - even though I hold multiple security clearances at provincial and municipal levels)

So I don't think its fair to say there is racism in the system. This is a country that accepts hordes of refugees rejected by nations around the world and is known to be one of the most inclusive societies. There doesn't seem to be any sense in extrapolating bureaucratic inefficiencies (which could be due to a number of reasons - staff shortage, manual processes, changing priorities etc.) to a very broad conclusion such as racism in the system.

This is a time when every government department is short staffed due to resources being diverted for the pandemic response (I know cause I work in government consultancy). And no, just because cases are declining, doesn't mean the pandemic is over. So have patience.

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
1. For my PR card - Received PPR and CoPR in less then 4 months after submitting documents. At a time when the average processing time was 6 months
2. For my spouse's parents' visit visa - Received approval in 10 days (average processing time for a visit visa from india was 21 days)
3. For my parents' visit visa - Received approval is 20 days (average processing time for a visit visa from Saudi Arabia was 30 days)
4. My citizenship - Completed oath within 9.5 months of submitting documents (average processing time is 12 months on paper, but 16-18 months+ in reality)

On the flip side, my federal security clearance is pending for approval since April 2019 (average processing time is less than 6 months, and I have been waiting 2.5 years - even though I hold multiple security clearances at provincial and municipal levels)

So I don't think its fair to say there is racism in the system. This is a country that accepts hordes of refugees rejected by nations around the world and is known to be one of the most inclusive societies. There doesn't seem to be any sense in extrapolating bureaucratic inefficiencies (which could be due to a number of reasons - staff shortage, manual processes, changing priorities etc.) to a very broad conclusion such as racism in the system.

This is a time when every government department is short staffed due to resources being diverted for the pandemic response (I know cause I work in government consultancy). And no, just because cases are declining, doesn't mean the pandemic is over. So have patience.
No one will blame them if they had more transparency...

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Its the complete opposite for me unfortunately, my PR came 4 months after my peers had already received theirs and now stuck in the backlog when a lot of my peers have already finished oath. Heck, even some 2021 folks have finished oath. But I am not the only one, there are people from 2019 who are still waiting. There are several factors that attribute to the delay, name & country of origin being the most common though some might disagree. The simple fact is the background processes take up more time for some people than the rest.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't honey me, please, can't stand arrogancy. I asked you a simple polite question. For the future if you don't have what to answer better don't answer at all.
i can't stand your patronizing and judgmental tone. Go and relax and spill your poison somewhere else.

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Whats going on in Scarborough office ? Anyone work in citizenship application?
That s not fair people waiting for long time and they still have covid excuse to slow dowm process. Let so go there office and demonstrates people.... we have to speak up for our right.
Alreday they open evrywhere and why cic office still reminded closed ?
Let s go all together with peacfull demonstration in front of office
Who want join us

Reactions: aakif2013

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
Whats going on in Scarborough office ? Anyone work in citizenship application?
That s not fair people waiting for long time and they still have covid excuse to slow dowm process. Let so go there office and demonstrates people.... we have to speak up for our right.
Alreday they open evrywhere and why cic office still reminded closed ?
Let s go all together with peacfull demonstration in front of office
Who want join us
Do we have your timeline in spreadsheet ?

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
i can't stand your patronizing and judgmental tone. Go and relax and spill your poison somewhere else.
I appreciate your advice. Wish you all the best and don't be so stressed, everything will be okay .

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Do we have your timeline in spreadsheet ?
Yes application march 2019
Test done july 11
Request copy passport August 1
After that nothing chnage and no desicion made
And god knows after that how long more i have to wait

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
What’s the period between test to document request these days??
Some people get the documentation request along with the test notice... some get it after a month... i got mine after 7 weeks

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
Yes application march 2019
Test done july 11
Request copy passport August 1
After that nothing chnage and no desicion made
And god knows after that how long more i have to wait
Sheet says you are from toronto. any how, decision made will show up on the old system not on the new system.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

I would wait untill few totonto/July test done applicants gets a decision made. May be you can apply for ATIP. At lease this will trigger to look at your file.