+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi.

2018 applicant here

I finally got test invite earlier this summer after 2.5 years of nothing… but once again, I’m waiting. No document request. No fingerprint. No passport request. Nothing.

test was completed august 3rd.
Any chance I’d get oath soon?

I sent web form plus atip request a few days ago, hoping to get someone to have a look and say… hey let’s schedule her for oath… it’s been almost 3 years.
That is too long. Do you know why all of this delay? BG check, missing documents, .. etc?

Parnian1988

Jun 3, 2019
Toronto
Hi.

2018 applicant here

I finally got test invite earlier this summer after 2.5 years of nothing… but once again, I’m waiting. No document request. No fingerprint. No passport request. Nothing.

test was completed august 3rd.
Any chance I’d get oath soon?

I sent web form plus atip request a few days ago, hoping to get someone to have a look and say… hey let’s schedule her for oath… it’s been almost 3 years.
2018 applicant here. Still waiting since doing the test end of july. I know someone that did the test in June and still hasn’t heard back. Just sick of IRCC.

Reactions: i-sore

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Montreal office just sucks. My test invite came from this office although my processing office is Scarborough and although my application is under Urgent Processing, no one from this office seems to care. Here's my status:
Based out of Toronto.
Mar 22 Online applicant
AOR Aug 17
background complete: Oct 4 (Sent UP)
Test invite: Oct 15
Test updated to complete: Oct 22
They asked me to send passport copies and I CC'd Scarborough office. Scarborough official clearly replied "Hey Montreal, File is with your office. Waiting on you".

Nothing so far. I mean how are they so screwed up that they even fail to acknowledge the status and move the file to Oath.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Montreal office just sucks. My test invite came from this office although my processing office is Scarborough and although my application is under Urgent Processing, no one from this office seems to care. Here's my status:
Based out of Toronto.
Mar 22 Online applicant
AOR Aug 17
background complete: Oct 4 (Sent UP)
Test invite: Oct 15
Test updated to complete: Oct 22
They asked me to send passport copies and I CC'd Scarborough office. Scarborough official clearly replied "Hey Montreal, File is with your office. Waiting on you".

Nothing so far. I mean how are they so screwed up that they even fail to acknowledge the status and move the file to Oath.
Online files seem to have different processing mechanisms than paper files. In theory, if you submitted on paper then the file should be in Scarborough - no doubts there. But online seems to be different, if they said your file is being processed by Montreal then it is with Montreal. Scarborough can't help much in that situation. I guess it really just depends on how Montreal IRCC handles these applications. Get in touch with them and follow up with your UP there.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Online files seem to have different processing mechanisms than paper files. In theory, if you submitted on paper then the file should be in Scarborough - no doubts there. But online seems to be different, if they said your file is being processed by Montreal then it is with Montreal. Scarborough can't help much in that situation. I guess it really just depends on how Montreal IRCC handles these applications. Get in touch with them and follow up with your UP there.
But why could it be different for online applications? Offices process applications based on residence address, not way of applying. For the above case, which is UP, I suspect it has to do with the oath, as Scarborough office is fully booked until April 2022 as someone revealed from communicating with them.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
But why could it be different for online applications? Offices process applications based on residence address, not way of applying. For the above scenario, which is UP, I suspect it has to do with the oath, as Scarborough office is fully booked until April 2022 as someone revealed from communicating with them.
I have no idea. Just some observations based on the report. I would assume it's a way for them to deviate applications to those with less backlog? I mean we've seen similar strategy with mail-in passport applications, people in the GTA received their passports from Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary or Halifax. Mine in the case was processed in Ottawa. Since online application is still a pilot project, some of these things can of course be experimental.

Reactions: CaBeaver

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
But why could it be different for online applications? Offices process applications based on residence address, not way of applying. For the above case, which is UP, I suspect it has to do with the oath, as Scarborough office is fully booked until April 2022 as someone revealed from communicating with them.
With UP, oath is generally expected within 7-10 days of DM for online applications. The April booking is for all regular applications.

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I have no idea. Just some observations based on the report. I would assume it's a way for them to deviate applications to those with less backlog? I mean we've seen similar strategy with mail-in passport applications, people in the GTA received their passports from Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary or Halifax. Mine in the case was processed in Ottawa. Since online application is still a pilot project, some of these things can of course be experimental.
Yes, but what is not logical is that the Montreal office is probably with the most backlog given that it's the only office in Quebec, and the progress has been extremely slow. Only recently they started inviting for the oath in a constant rate. All of this puts us, regular applicants in the Montreal office, in the indefinite waiting list.

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
Certificate of citizenship received on 22nd of October:

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Thanks for sharing that. DO you think that this would mean Montreal would do some sort of hand-off to Scarborough for my oath? I mean would I be getting my Oath from SCR/Montreal? I think I'm going to be stuck for a while with this office. I really wish otherwise but god help me!

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thanks for sharing that. DO you think that this would mean Montreal would do some sort of hand-off to Scarborough for my oath? I mean would I be getting my Oath from SCR/Montreal? I think I'm going to be stuck for a while with this office. I really wish otherwise but god help me!
I honestly have no idea about the mechanism they might have behind those. It was just some assumptions I made. But as long as the oath is scheduled, it doesn't really matter who does it - it's still an oath within Canada by an official so. Good luck with your UP!