+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Guide for ECA (Name Difference) - IOBM SSUET KARACHI PAKISTAN

Lakhani

Feb 23, 2017
Dear all..

Although u guys have been dicussing something different..but i would appreciate if some one can give me advice abt my degree assessment.

I have a 2 year MPA from KU and a 2 year bcom.

Does anyone have an idea wat equivalence i will get?

Lakhani

Feb 23, 2017
Dear all..

Although u guys have been dicussing something different..but i would appreciate if some one can give me advice abt my degree assessment.

I have a 2 year MPA from KU and a 2 year bcom.

Does anyone have an idea wat equivalence i will get?

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No one can assure you as different bodies evaluate differently.

May b 4 year degree equivalent, may b two undergraduate diplomas.

You send your documents , then only u will b able to know he status.

Good Luck..!!!

Lakhani

Feb 23, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to reply..

Yes wat u said is true..im planning to use iqas..hoping for the best..someone told me theres a better chance of higher result with iqas...also im
Reading on forum tht 2 or more certificates option is not there anymore in EE ?? Any idea?

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Lakhani said:
Thanks for taking the time to reply..

Yes wat u said is true..im planning to use iqas..hoping for the best..someone told me theres a better chance of higher result with iqas...also im
Reading on forum tht 2 or more certificates option is not there anymore in EE ?? Any idea?

It is correct that there is no such option as two or more. But you can add as many credentials as you want. So system will calculate itself the points of "two or more..." if you add two credentials with bachelor's lets say.

Reactions: Tamour

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
alizaidi said:
Detailed Steps of IQAS:

I had two degrees which I wanted to assess from IQAS:

BACHELORS OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
SIR SYED UUNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY aka (SSUET)

MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
INSTITUE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT aka (CBM/IoBM)

Applying online and payment of fees:

I created an account on IQAS website and completed online form (iqas.work.alberta.ca/eca#/)

Before starting this you need to have your school, college and universities' documents with you.

You need to have your debit/credit card with you (IQAS accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit or Interac), I used Mastercard Credit Card.

It will take around 15-30 minutes to complete the application.

After submitting your application, you must get notification email with the application form and document checklist attached.

IQAS reference number is "Application Id" in your email. It is also mentioned in the application form (Bottom left corner of each page)

Reference number is important, note it down as it must be mentioned in the transcript request forms which you will submit in universities for the degree/transcript verification.

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from IoBM:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Email the filled form to "transcripts.grades@iobm.edu.pk". Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my MBA

I visited transcript office which is adjacent to M.S Sabina room.

Request the representative to verify your copies and fill the form which you sent via email earlier.

He will verify (stamp) your degrees, fill and print the form. You must sign the form and write the date on the form. After that, he will accompany you to MS Sabina office to have her signature on the form.

You will have to submit 50 RS in finance department for the IoBM official seal. Get the receipt and get back to MS Sabina office, the assistant will then show you signed forms and stamps, check the information carefully as they are going to be sealed now. Give receipt to the MS Sabina assistant and he will seal the envelope containing:

Your verified color copy of transcript
Your verified color copy of degree
Transcript request form (IQAS)

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from SSUET:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Print a copy of the form. Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form. Sign it and write the date on the form.

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my BS (CE). In addition to this, you must bring your SSC-matric certificate copy.

Visit SSUET examination department and ask for a request-sealed-form. Also, ask the verification fees of per document although it must be in the request form.

Go inside the examination department to meet MS. Sumera and show her your original degree, transcript and filled form. She will compare the information on the form + degree, and will give you go ahead to submit your documents at the counter.

Fill the SSUET verification request form. Collect the voucher from the examination department and pay the fees in university' bank.

You must now have the following documents:

Color copy of your transcript
Color copy of your degree
Copy of your SSC-matric certificate
Transcript request form (IQAS)
Verification request form (SSUET)
Paid Voucher

Submit them to the examination counter and get the receipt, receipt will show that the working time for the verification is 15 days although it can be done in a week if you request them to have them sooner.

Mailing the documents to IQAS:

Print the application form as it is which you received after payment, sign and write date on it.

Fill the document checklist and print it out too.

Make color copies of your transcripts and degrees.

Now you will have these documents with you:

Application form (received from IQAS after payment) Print it and sign it
Document checklist form (received from IQAS after payment) Filled and print it.
Color copy of your transcript/s
Color copy of your Degree/s
Color copy of your SSC-matric certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your HSC-inter certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your passport (First four pages)
Sealed envelope of IoBM
Sealed envelope of SSUET

Now send them all to the address mentioned in the application form.

Note:

Matric inter certificates were optional, I sent them anyways.

Verification of university degrees are optional too, I sent them anyways.

I was worried about my name difference, as I have the following scenario:
My name was "Syed Jon Doe Zaidi" on my passport and CNIC. However, my name in all educational documents were "Jon Doe". I created an affidavit on 100 rupees stamp paper in which I mentioned that both are same persons and sent this with my all documents too.

I also mentioned in the checklist document that my universities asked me to send sealed envelopes on their behalf and IQAS can contact the universities to verify this.

Timelines:

Documents submitted at Fed ex: 21 Jan, 2016
Documents delivered to IQAS: 25 Jan, 2016
First confirmation email from IQAS: 26 Jan, 2016
Second confirmation email from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017 (Got the ECA results. Attached online certificate in a PDF form)
Documents dispatched from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017
Documents delivered to me: Have not given me any tracking number (Who cares, I can submit my profile, right?)

Results of ECA:
BS SSUET (Pak) = four year bachelor degree (Canada)
MBA CBM (Pak) = Master of business administration degree (Canada)
Dear Ali
i ve got sealed my credentials from IOBM but they did not tell me about official seal things..in fact i just went to admin they took photocopies and sais these will be verified and sealed too..infact on sat MS sabina was not in the ofc..i also did not give them Transcript request form infact i already had them with me...u mentioned about colours so is this mandatory for the process??..i ve Bcom , MA (economics) and MBA but i am gonna send them only MA and MBA for evaluation or should i send them bcom also?? plz reply

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
moonarch said:
Dear Ali
i ve got sealed my credentials from IOBM but they did not tell me about official seal things..in fact i just went to admin they took photocopies and sais these will be verified and sealed too..infact on sat MS sabina was not in the ofc..i also did not give them Transcript request form infact i already had them with me...u mentioned about colours so is this mandatory for the process??..i ve Bcom , MA (economics) and MBA but i am gonna send them only MA and MBA for evaluation or should i send them bcom also?? plz reply
I do not get you at all sir. You should have given them the transcript form. Admin guy stamps on degree/transcript, fills the transcript form and then request MS Sabina to sign on the transcript form. Only then they seal them all together. you have to pay 50 rupees for the seal. If you have submitted them already then don't worry they will not seal them without showing them to you.

No color copies are not mandatory at all, I like color copies so I sent color.

Send them all so that they can analyze what have you studied after intermediate/A levels. More the merrier, its free.

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
alizaidi said:
I do not get you at all sir. You should have given them the transcript form. Admin guy stamps on degree/transcript, fills the transcript form and then request MS Sabina to sign on the transcript form. Only then they seal them all together. you have to pay 50 rupees for the seal. If you have submitted them already then don't worry they will not seal them without showing them to you.

No color copies are not mandatory at all, I like color copies so I sent color.

Send them all so that they can analyze what have you studied after intermediate/A levels. More the merrier, its free.
Thank you brother...actually IQAS has mentioned that univ will send these credentials directly to them so do i tell to institute for this?? or i can send them myself from my address??

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
moonarch said:
Thank you brother...actually IQAS has mentioned that univ will send these credentials directly to them so do i tell to institute for this?? or i can send them myself from my address??
Three options:

1-Request Administration to send them and give them courier money
2-Get the sealed envelope and send them separately and just write IoBM address in from.
3-Send sealed envelopes with your application and write an additional note that university was not sending me so I am sending them on my own and you can verify these by call.

Fahdalimirza

Sep 23, 2016
Hi I have MBA degree from LUMS. Do I need to submit by bachelors in engineering degree as well to IQAS or highest degree which is MBA may suffice ?

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Fahdalimirza said:
Hi I have MBA degree from LUMS. Do I need to submit by bachelors in engineering degree as well to IQAS or highest degree which is MBA may suffice ?
Guys fees is same if you have one credential or two. So please send all the credentials thanks!

Fahdalimirza

Sep 23, 2016
is there a requirement to send in bachelors degree as well with mba degree. if mba is the highest degree, should'nt it suffice. kindly guide.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Fahdalimirza said:
is there a requirement to send in bachelors degree as well with mba degree. if mba is the highest degree, should'nt it suffice. kindly guide.
You are absolutely right. Sending your highest degree should be enough but precaution is better than care. Sending your bachelor degree will help IQAS or any other organization with the evaluation and it will also make your case strong in case it is masters. Its totally up to you, as i said fees is same for one credential or many. I will never take any risk as fees is same as may be my masters would have evaluated as bachelors if i would not have sent my bachelors degree, you never know how does any organization evaluate your degree. There are cases in which same university students had same program but some got masters evaluation while other got bachelor evaluation.

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
alizaidi said:
You are absolutely right. Sending your highest degree should be enough but precaution is better than care. Sending your bachelor degree will help IQAS or any other organization with the evaluation and it will also make your case strong in case it is masters. Its totally up to you, as i said fees is same for one credential or many. I will never take any risk as fees is same as may be my masters would have evaluated as bachelors if i would not have sent my bachelors degree, you never know how does any organization evaluate your degree. There are cases in which same university students had same program but some got masters evaluation while other got bachelor evaluation.
ALI
Still confusion :-S..someone has said in this forum that we have to send copy docs in sealed enevlop along with application form, and out universities will send IQAS orginal dosc by their own..is that the part of process as IQAS has never mentioned in their sites...so many confusionss buddy...

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
moonarch said:
ALI
Still confusion :-S..someone has said in this forum that we have to send copy docs in sealed enevlop along with application form, and out universities will send IQAS orginal dosc by their own..is that the part of process as IQAS has never mentioned in their sites...so many confusionss buddy...
I have my IQAS certificate with me and I:

-did not send any original documents
-did not request universities to send docs on their own

Yes, Ideally IQAS will want to have duplicate transcripts from the universities but for that you will have to go through a process of issuing duplicates transcripts right? It depends on person to person and university to university. If you can request your university to issue you duplicate transcript and also can request them to send on their own its great.

However, like in my case my universities do not entertain these type of requests lets say for a duplicate transcript they were asking me to lodge an FIR. Listen, IQAS just want to be sure that the program you have completed is registered and transcripts are authentic and verified they do not care if they are color copies or copies or duplicates or original sent from universities. As long as your degrees/transcripts are verified (stamped by your university department) and sealed in university envelopes with the authorized person details on the IQAS transcript from you are good to go.