+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Guide for ECA (Name Difference) - IOBM SSUET KARACHI PAKISTAN

kirazy

Mar 11, 2017
Ali AssalamoAlliakum,

First of all thanks a lot for your detailed post. It's very helpful for Pakistanis. Highly appreciated.

I did my graduation from SSUET and masters from Usman Institute (so the degree is from Hamdard).

I have few questions, I would be grateful if you could reply back.

1. Whose name should be written in "First and Last Name of official completing the form (please print)" of SSUET request for academic record's form.
2. As I did my masters from Usman Institute but degree and transcript were issued from Hamdard so which institute should I approach for verification hamdard or UIT?
3. I am in abroad so original degrees are with me now. Please advice what to do now in this scenario?

Regards,

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
kirazy said:
Ali AssalamoAlliakum,

First of all thanks a lot for your detailed post. It's very helpful for Pakistanis. Highly appreciated.

I did my graduation from SSUET and masters from Usman Institute (so the degree is from Hamdard).

I have few questions, I would be grateful if you could reply back.

1. Whose name should be written in "First and Last Name of official completing the form (please print)" of SSUET request for academic record's form.
2. As I did my masters from Usman Institute but degree and transcript were issued from Hamdard so which institute should I approach for verification hamdard or UIT?
3. I am in abroad so original degrees are with me now. Please advice what to do now in this scenario?

Regards,
1. Leave the second part of the transcript request form for the officials of university. They need to fill it, not you. Fill your part of the form and email it to someone here, they will print it out and will take it to the universities.
2.You need to call Hamdard/UIT in that case. Tell them about your situation and they will guide you further.
3.Send the colour copies here in Pakistan and authorise someone from you family member to receive the sealed envelopes from universities. Now it's up to your family member that how persuasive is he/she like either he can get those copies verified without showing the original degrees/transcripts or not. In case of latter, you will have to post those original degrees in Pakistan.

See, IQAS need the sealed envelopes from both universities, they don't care who request them and who receives them.

In your case, you should have:

-One sealed envelope from SSUET, send it to IQAS address and write SSUET address in "from" (I believe one of your family member will be doing this)
-One sealed envelope from UIT/Hamdard, send it to IQAS address and write UIT/Hamdard address in "from" (I believe one of your family member will be doing this)
-One package from you with the application form and other details (This can be send by you from where ever you are)

kirazy

Mar 11, 2017
Thanks a lot Dear Ali for prompt reply.

Can I send all the documents in one envelope to IQAS i.e. SSUET Sealed Envelope, UIT Sealed Envelope and Application Form?

What did you do? Send all envelopes separately or send in a single package?

One more question Pls: Do we need the attested intermediate and matriculation documents as well?

Regards,

thecalmestsea

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2017
alizaidi said:
Timelines:
Documents submitted at Fed ex: 21 Jan, 2016
Documents delivered to IQAS: 25 Jan, 2016
First confirmation email from IQAS: 26 Jan, 2016
Second confirmation email from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017 (Got the ECA results. Attached online certificate in a PDF form)
Documents dispatched from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017
Documents delivered to me: Have not given me any tracking number (Who cares, I can submit my profile, right?)
Hey alizaidi, have you received the hard copy report from IQAS?
My ECA report was issued 8 March, so wondering how long they'll take to courier the hard copy.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
kirazy said:
Thanks a lot Dear Ali for prompt reply.

Can I send all the documents in one envelope to IQAS i.e. SSUET Sealed Envelope, UIT Sealed Envelope and Application Form?

What did you do? Send all envelopes separately or send in a single package?

One more question Pls: Do we need the attested intermediate and matriculation documents as well?

Regards,
Ideally university should send the sealed envelope directly to IQAS, if they refuse then only you can send them with your application and write that university has refused to do so, therefore I am sending these sealed envelopes myself. I sent all envelopes by myself and wrote down that: "the universities has just handed over me the sealed envelopes and refused to send them directly to IQAS, if IQAS wants they can contact and verify to administration"

IQAS does not want your matric or intermediate documents at all.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
thecalmestsea said:
Hey alizaidi, have you received the hard copy report from IQAS?
My ECA report was issued 8 March, so wondering how long they'll take to courier the hard copy.
Yeah, I received the hard copy on 16th February 2017. Created EE profile on 13th Feb. If you have IELTS then you can do so, don't wait for the hard copy: there is nothing special in hard copy. You just need file number which is written on top right below the header.

thecalmestsea

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2017
alizaidi said:
Yeah, I received the hard copy on 16th February 2017. Created EE profile on 13th Feb. If you have IELTS then you can do so, don't wait for the hard copy: there is nothing special in hard copy. You just need file number which is written on top right below the header.
Thanks, alizaidi. :) I created my EE profile using the soft copy last week. Since there's no difference, then I can just submit the soft copy in my application if I receive ITA, right?

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
thecalmestsea said:
Thanks, alizaidi. :) I created my EE profile using the soft copy last week. Since there's no difference, then I can just submit the soft copy in my application if I receive ITA, right?
That I don't know. I am at 420 so I have not started reading about post ITA stuff :)

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Has anyone got an ECA evaluation for CIMA from any other organization other than WES.

i have already submitted all the docs to WEs but they are taking ages and their customer service is very poor.

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Just to update:

Date sent to IQAS: 02-03-2017
Date received by IQAS: 06-03-2017
Email of receipt by IQAS: 09-03-2017
Email of ECA by IQAS: 23-03-2017 (Around 10 business days after acknowledgement of receipt of documents)

Degree: Bachelors of Electrical Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Typical four years bachelors program with a specialization in Electrical Engineering

Thanks Ali Zaidi for the guidance.

I followed pretty much the same process as mentioned in the first post. Just that my university would have easily sent the sealed envelope on its own. But I decided to include it in my package to save time. At the end, no hindrance was encountered Alhamdulillah.

Would highly recommend IQAS. My friends who opted for WES are still stuck in the process, unfortunately.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Dream-mer said:
Just to update:

Date sent to IQAS: 02-03-2017
Date received by IQAS: 06-03-2017
Email of receipt by IQAS: 09-03-2017
Email of ECA by IQAS: 23-03-2017 (Around 10 business days after acknowledgement of receipt of documents)

Degree: Bachelors of Electrical Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Typical four years bachelors program with a specialization in Electrical Engineering

Thanks Ali Zaidi for the guidance.

I followed pretty much the same process as mentioned in the first post. Just that my university would have easily sent the sealed envelope on its own. But I decided to include it in my package to save time. At the end, no hindrance was encountered Alhamdulillah.

Would highly recommend IQAS. My friends who opted for WES are still stuck in the process, unfortunately.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others :)

I am glad that my post did help you in making your final decision and you are satisfied. Best of luck in creating your profile and getting ITA (y)

Nauman_2017

Mar 28, 2017
Hi Dears,

The online application requires date of instruction with month and year, can you please guide for these because i donot have exact dates mentioned on degrees and specially for SSC and HSC certificates.

Secondly what should be the name of institution for SSC and HSC.

Thanks in advance

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Nauman_2017 said:
Hi Dears,

The online application requires date of instruction with month and year, can you please guide for these because i donot have exact dates mentioned on degrees and specially for SSC and HSC certificates.

Secondly what should be the name of institution for SSC and HSC.

Thanks in advance
IQAS does not require exact dates, just put first of month thats it. Your attendance dates for SSC and HSC should be :

SSC
START DATE: School admission month and year OR ninth class starting month and year (Do not worry about this at all if they do not match exactly)
END DATE: Matric examination date (must be written on Matric-certificate)

HSC:
START DATE: College admission month and year (See college card or if not then look around in which months exactly college issue admissions in your city)
END DATE: Second Year exam month and year (must be written on inter-certificate)

Your school name (must be written on Matric-certificate or marksheet)
Your college name (must be written on inter-certificate or marksheet)

Nauman_2017

Mar 28, 2017
alizaidi said:
IQAS does not require exact dates, just put first of month thats it. Your attendance dates for SSC and HSC should be :

SSC
START DATE: School admission month and year OR ninth class starting month and year (Do not worry about this at all if they do not match exactly)
END DATE: Matric examination date (must be written on Matric-certificate)

HSC:
START DATE: College admission month and year (See college card or if not then look around in which months exactly college issue admissions in your city)
END DATE: Second Year exam month and year (must be written on inter-certificate)

Your school name (must be written on Matric-certificate or marksheet)
Your college name (must be written on inter-certificate or marksheet)

Oh many thanks Ali, i thought we should put board name in institution , i will check the dates on marksheets. Cheers