+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS for pakistani students - URGENT help needed :(

EnigmaPK

Aug 9, 2017
Hi,
Just wanted to clarify the IQAS ECA procedure via HEC option:
1. I need to have colored copies of my bachelor's and master's degree and transcripts attested from HEC and sealed in an envelope.
2. I can send the sealed envelope directly with the IQAS reference number mentioned on the envelopes.
3. Do in I need to attach "Academic Transcript Request" form in this case?
4. What should I do in the checkbox "Transcript Requested from the Issuing body" in checklist form?

tanzeelahmed64

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hi,
Just wanted to clarify the IQAS ECA procedure via HEC option:
1. I need to have colored copies of my bachelor's and master's degree and transcripts attested from HEC and sealed in an envelope.
2. I can send the sealed envelope directly with the IQAS reference number mentioned on the envelopes.
3. Do in I need to attach "Academic Transcript Request" form in this case?
4. What should I do in the checkbox "Transcript Requested from the Issuing body" in checklist form?
1. YES
2. YES
3. YES
4. You should tick it.

tanzeelahmed64

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Thanks for the feedback.
Regarding point# 3; what i know is that HEC doesn't cater " Academic Transcript Request" form. Where to use this form then?
If they can stamp Academic transcript request, then put it together with sealed envelop inside another envelop and send that to IQAS.

sobish

Jan 4, 2019
Hi what I read on website is that hec verification is not men

Can you please confirm if the sealed envelope need to be send by University as in iqas it is clearly mentioned that transcript has to be send by applicant where as degree will be directly mailed from uni which means I have

Hi n what was in that sealed envelope given by uni just degree or transcript or both
could you please tel me that did you send original transcript and original degree to IQAS as they said official copy so im confused should i send copy or original,,
can i do this way that i have my transcript i do photocopy of this and then attested by HEC in sealed envelop and send it to IQAS
please tel me the KU procedure how can you get transcript from KU how long and fee also
thank you

sobish

Jan 4, 2019
1- Yes IQAS does verify IOBM
2- No need, verification from university is enough.
3- In that case go with IQAS, instead of WES as they dont require copies of matric certificate. and you dont need to upload your SSC post ITA
4- Yes, your university has to be verified from HEC. they dont ask for degree attestation from HEC, only university.
but now IQAS need attestation by HEC not university or institue
Hi, Can anyone please clarify below queries:

1- Does IQAS verify Sir syed univeristy, IOBM/CBM & Karachi university?
2- Do we need HEC attestation for above universities for IQAS or WES?
3- My DOB on matric / SSC certificate is not correct, will it affect my case during equivalency (thru IQAS or WES) or after ITA? I am afraid that If I apply thru WES they will raise some concerns about my DOB on SSC certificate.
4- I have heard that for WES SSC & HSC verification is required but for IQAS SSC and HSC verification is not required is it correct?

Thanks
now IQAS change the rule they need attestation from HEC not institute or university as you can cheack on their website if you see what documents pakistani student need

tanzeelahmed64

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
but now IQAS need attestation by HEC not university or institue

now IQAS change the rule they need attestation from HEC not institute or university as you can cheack on their website if you see what documents pakistani student need
When did this change of rules became effective? Because i got my ECA done in September 2018 and i send degree and transcript verified by university, not HEC.

sobish

Jan 4, 2019
i think started from january 2019 dont know exact,,,could you tel me please,that u did re issue your tranacript and degree from university or you just copy from ur orignal and attested and send in sealed envelop,,and did you send acadamic record form also

sobish

Jan 4, 2019
Hi Arslan,

Just relax and cheers !

I got my IQAS ECA without involving HEC. I sent my B.Sc degree and my wife's B.Sc Degree in the same envelope, much more worst case than yourself. .

However, I did not do it blindly, I actually called IQAS Alberta and explained them the scenario. I told them that myself and Mrs. have degrees, from different institutes. I will get all the required documents certified, get them in sealed envelope, and send them all in one big envelope. The lady told me there is no problem with that, but the envelope flaps shall be stamped.

NO NEED TO INVOLVE HEC at all. Good Luck.!
now iqas rules change attested by hec is required

tanzeelahmed64

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
i think started from january 2019 dont know exact,,,could you tel me please,that u did re issue your tranacript and degree from university or you just copy from ur orignal and attested and send in sealed envelop,,and did you send acadamic record form also
Just colored copies of originals verified by university. Yes i sent academic request form also.

muhammada980

Apr 9, 2019
Just colored copies of originals verified by university. Yes i sent academic request form also.

i have send my documentation for
matriculation direct thru board
intermediate direct thru interboard
bachelors from HEC
but since last march 12 2019 my status on the application is still submitted so can you guide me on that?
also i had done 2 year bachelors so which equivalency they will give it to me?

Woqi114

Nov 15, 2017
Ok.

Can you tell me how much time is does it takes to get IQAS assessment?

Also can you tell me is there a possibility that one might get the invitation to apply on the basis of holding a Bachelors degree?
IQAS is currently taking close to 5 months for the whole process. This includes, 3 months for the acknowledgement email and another 2 months for assessing and Final Review.

Amir214us

Apr 30, 2019
Hi,

This attestation thing really made me confuse because i live in qatar but i did bcom and Mba.
As per this group i think only HEC attestation is required for IQAS so can we send just colored copy for Attestation? On their website it seems they need original also and university attestation also?
https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/pakistan-required-educational-documents.pdf

Kindly guide me might be with so many posts i got confuse.

Thanks,
Amir

tanzeelahmed64

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hi,

This attestation thing really made me confuse because i live in qatar but i did bcom and Mba.
As per this group i think only HEC attestation is required for IQAS so can we send just colored copy for Attestation? On their website it seems they need original also and university attestation also?
https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/pakistan-required-educational-documents.pdf

Kindly guide me might be with so many posts i got confuse.

Thanks,
Amir
Take colored copies of degrees and transcripts, get them attested from HEC along withj academic record request form, get them sealed in envelop from HEC and send that to IQAS.

Reactions: Amir214us

sobish

Jan 4, 2019
hi
only colored copies of degree n transcript attested by only HEC.they put in sealed envelop then u can send sealed envelop with urs others documents which IQAS need like
1=black n white copy of ur degree,transcript.
2=pasport copy.
3=IQAS application form,check list form.
4=payment proof(u recieved email from IQAS about fee so print out that n send it)
i hope i cleared ur all confusion:)

Reactions: Amir214us