+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
We finally got our ECA soft copies today, masters degree evaluated as equivalent of Canadian masters degree. Date of completion of evaluation is September 18 for both of us.

I think it's safe to conclude that IQAS sends the ECA soft copy on the 3rd month's anniversary of the date the last of your documents were delivered. My transcript was delivered on July 4 and they sent the ECA on October 4. It's also fairly consistent with other timelines I've seen posted here.

We also requested that the hard copies be delivered together in a single package to save cost on postage for one package, maybe that influenced having the same completion date and subsequently same date of receiving the soft copy (just inferring).
Congratulations, so they stuck to their timeline of 12-13 weeks after all, and you also got Masters equivalence. :)

Can you kindly share what were the actual degrees and duration for both of you. Have sent BA (3 yr) and MA (2 yr) transcripts for evaluation, and waiting with bated breath to find out if they provide Masters equivalence. Need those 7 points badly :confused:

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
Congratulations, so they stuck to their timeline of 12-13 weeks after all, and you also got Masters equivalence. :)

Can you kindly share what were the actual degrees and duration for both of you. Have sent BA (3 yr) and MA (2 yr) transcripts for evaluation, and waiting with bated breath to find out if they provide Masters equivalence. Need those 7 points badly :confused:
From which university?

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
Graduation from Burdwan Univ, WB and Masters from Jadavpur Univ, WB. Both are at NAAC 'Grade A' level.
OK, All the best I am also waiting ..... BSc and MSc from Mumbai University evaluation from IQAS .... WES evaluated as 2 degree n I need those 7 points else game over..... :confused:

nick03

Jul 16, 2018
Anyone here with MBA / MCA degree completed from SMU prior to year 2010 /2011 got ECA done by IQAS and got masters equivalancy?

Was SMU recognized by UGC prior to 2010/2011?

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018

Yeah, they did. Both degrees were 1 year graduate degree programs and the comparative levels of achievement in Canada was summarised thus: "The Master's degree generally compares to the completion of a Master's degree with a focus in . . . "

Also, country of study is the UK.

Reactions: samikdg

carlosbaldojr

Oct 3, 2018
H

Hello, you should get it any time from now.I evaluated my Law degree and got desired outcome
My timeline
Transcript delivered ....2nd of July
Application delivered...9th of July
AOR...............................9th of August
ECA soft copy. .............2nd of October
Date of completion on ECA ..17th of September.
Hello Mr. Lamart, I’ve seen in your post you have gotten your educational assessment through IQAS. I'm about to send my documents in order to get my ECA report. I also have a law degree, mine is from Brazil, and I was told IQAS normally considers foreign law degrees as Professional Degrees or Bachelor of Law, which gives more points in the Express Entry. Is it true? Thank you for your response.

AleciaBoo

Mar 31, 2018
A friend of mine sent her docs around the same time as I did but is get to get her SOFT COPY. She contacted IQAS today and this is what they said

"Your application is in line for processing to review and validate your educational documents. Upon completion of the assessment, an electronic copy will be sent to the email address on the application form. A hard copy of the assessment will be sent by international mail / post."

Has anyone else had this problem before?

AleciaBoo

Mar 31, 2018
A friend of mine sent her docs around the same time as I did but is get to get her SOFT COPY. She contacted IQAS today and this is what they said

"Your application is in line for processing to review and validate your educational documents. Upon completion of the assessment, an electronic copy will be sent to the email address on the application form. A hard copy of the assessment will be sent by international mail / post."

P.s... I already got my ECA soft and hard copy.

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018

It sounds like your friend contacted them via email, I'ld follow up with a call if I were your friend. When was the last of your friend's documents delivered?

Lamart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hello Mr. Lamart, I’ve seen in your post you have gotten your educational assessment through IQAS. I'm about to send my documents in order to get my ECA report. I also have a law degree, mine is from Brazil, and I was told IQAS normally considers foreign law degrees as Professional Degrees or Bachelor of Law, which gives more points in the Express Entry. Is it true? Thank you for your response.
Sorry for the late response. My law degree was evaluated by IQAS as a professional Degree, thereby giving me more points.

Reactions: carlosbaldojr

jinssbox

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-02-2019
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
Do the sealed transcripts from college have any validity condition. I have collected 2 packages of sealed transcripts 1 month back from my college, one of which I am planning to use for IQAS this month.will it be accepted or should I collect a new one after applying with IQAS..Please suggest

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
Do the sealed transcripts from college have any validity condition. I have collected 2 packages of sealed transcripts 1 month back from my college, one of which I am planning to use for IQAS this month.will it be accepted or should I collect a new one after applying with IQAS..Please suggest
It's fine, you can send that, it should not be tempered....