+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

AnitaM

Sep 30, 2018
hi All!!

Very urgent!!

I have sent my application along with my request for record form and ECA checklist and all required documents to SMU and had requested them to mail it along with the transcripts(as suggested by some). My concern is I have mentioned SMU -DE on the Application for my MBA degree which i had pursued during 2015-2017. I have also sent along the court orders and UGC notifications deeming my degree valid by DEC and UGC for the duration. Would that be suffucient..Or should I call up SMU and ask them not to mail the application form..and send a fresh copy myself with just Sikkim Manipal University mentioned on it(minus the Distance education ).

Kindly reply..
@13nitinsharma, @ Tanu D and everyone ..

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
hi All!!

Very urgent!!

I have sent my application along with my request for record form and ECA checklist and all required documents to SMU and had requested them to mail it along with the transcripts(as suggested by some). My concern is I have mentioned SMU -DE on the Application for my MBA degree which i had pursued during 2015-2017. I have also sent along the court orders and UGC notifications deeming my degree valid by DEC and UGC for the duration. Would that be suffucient..Or should I call up SMU and ask them not to mail the application form..and send a fresh copy myself with just Sikkim Manipal University mentioned on it(minus the Distance education ).

Kindly reply..
@13nitinsharma, @ Tanu D and everyone ..
You should have mentioned Sikkim Manipal University. Also, sending the court orders and UGC notifications are not required at all. Why to create confusion while submitting the application, this way you're putting yourself in trouble I believe.

For your reference, I had only written Sikkim Manipal University (no DE or Distance Education). Everything went smooth in my application process and it's successful assessment at the end. When you file the ITA, then you've to select 'Part-Time' instead of 'Full-Time'.

AnitaM

Sep 30, 2018
You should have mentioned Sikkim Manipal University. Also, sending the court orders and UGC notifications are not required at all. Why to create confusion while submitting the application, this way you're putting yourself in trouble I believe.

For your reference, I had only written Sikkim Manipal University (no DE or Distance Education). Everything went smooth in my application process and it's successful assessment at the end. When you file the ITA, then you've to select 'Part-Time' instead of 'Full-Time'.
Ohh.. What should I do now..has any one who wrote DE along with SMU gotten a positive assessment??

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Hi, I got this email from IQAS on the 13th Sept:

Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your academic documents were received by the IQAS office and your file is now placed in line for processing. Please visit www.alberta.ca/iqas
for the current processing time.

During the assessment, you will only be contacted by our office if we need more information or documents. Please do not call to ask about the status of your application as this can delay processing. If you wish to add information to the application, or change information already submitted, you may mail the information to:

International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)

9th Floor, 108 Street Building, 9942 – 108 Street

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5K 2J5

PLEASE QUOTE YOUR FILE NUMBER ON ALL CORRESPONDENCE

Once the assessment has been completed, the IQAS certificate will be mailed to you. You will also receive an IQAS email notification with an electronic copy of your IQAS certificate. If you requested that the IQAS assessment be sent to a Canadian address, Canada Post will send you a Delivery Notice Card to that address to let you know that your package is available for pick-up at your local post-office. It is your responsibility to collect your package with the proper identification.

It is not very clear - it doesn't say AOR1 or 2. Is this all I should expect to receive? And does this mean that my ECA should arrive around 12 weeks from the 13th?

Many thanks

Hi @Sasquatch888,

Sounds great! Could you please help me with the below:

a) Were your transcripts delivered to IQAS before your application package? Could you please share your timelines of document delivery and AOR?
b) Did you receive only one AOR? What is the subject line of that AOR email?

Many Thanks in advance!

Sharmine

Jun 6, 2018
Guys, my timeline:
ADR: May 28 & June 26
AOR 1 & 2: Aug 8
ECA Copy: Awaited

I am so restless. Despite of scoring in IELTS and TEF, I can't even enter the Express Entry pool. How long do you guys think that I need to wait for the soft copy of ECA now?
Did you get your eca ?

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
This is what I have observed as well, my AOR1 and AOR2 came exactly 4 weeks after the documents were delivered, the ECA soft copy on the other hand has gone past 11 weeks from AOR2 as at yesterday. If IQAS are changing their processing time, they should update it on their website to guide people.
Hey buddy,

My timeline so far..

Payment - 5th July
Documents dispatched - 5th July
Delivered - 9th july
Aor2 - 7th August

Any tentative date I shud expect my eca by??

TIA..

indoparis

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Did you get your eca ?
I am yet to get the ECA. I haven't even received the reply to the email that I had sent them a week ago. I was informed on call by the IQAS people that it will take atleast 12-13 weeks after AOR2 for the ECA report. This is now going beyond control.

ashwinibm.canada

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018

Nitin,
How much time sikkum manipal takes to send the degree certificate ? after results are out ? I am waiting to complete my project alone.

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hey buddy,

My timeline so far..

Payment - 5th July
Documents dispatched - 5th July
Delivered - 9th july
Aor2 - 7th August

Any tentative date I shud expect my eca by??

TIA..
Hi,

I'ld say October 9 (today) however it may be tomorrow October 10 due to yesterday's thanksgiving holiday. IQAS tends to send ECA soft copies on the third month's anniversary of the date the last of your documents were delivered.

Jul 8, 2018
Hi, Ppl .. Did anyone get ECA for AOR2 after 7th August?? My AOR2 is on 7th Aug and yet to receive ECA, got a reply stating that it takes 12-13 weeks after AOR2. Any idea when i can expect my ECA? Thanks

Last edited:

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
Hi, Ppl .. Did anyone get ECA for AOR2 after 7th August?? My AOR2 is on 7th Aug and yet to receive ECA, got a reply stating that it takes 12-13 weeks after AOR2. Any idea when i can expect my ECA? Thanks
You should get this week, as Monday was holiday so maybe that's the reason for delay.....