+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA Assessment

Snaina

Oct 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
I called today. Application will be ready 9-10 weeks from AOR 2 (Which in my case is 25th October). So that means end Dec or early Jan.
Yeah, I think that's a standard canned response. I wrote to them, appealing to their sense of charity, asking if the evaluation would be impacted by holidays. I got pretty much the same answer verbatim.

I have a business proposition for IQAS, to design a chatbot for their customer service people. We may end up getting more up-to-date information. :)

Snaina

Oct 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
My education is from India. TO get the ECA report, it takes about 6 weeks from the 2nd email (according to my timeline), so you should be getting your report in Dec I guess.

Keep your hopes alive.
Thanks, man! It's going to be very long 6 months of PR process, if not longer.

Snaina

Oct 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi,
I need some guidance on the IQAS application. If anyone can help it will be appreicated!
1. I finished a 2 year PG dipolma from SCDL. The duration was from 2008 - 2010 however I completed the program only in 2013.
The application asks for "Instruction dates". Which dates/year should I be mentioning there?

2. They are asking for a specific start date (including month and date) and specific end date. I don't have those? Any guidance on how strict they are wrt to these dates? What should I be mentioning here?
Can't answer first part of the query, and you should ask some seniors in other forums.

For second one, I can share my experience. I simply mentioned 1st July as start dates and 30th June as end dates because academic sessions in my country start in July and end in June, though not on these specific dates always. The idea is to weed out people studying only for 8 months, for example, and claiming benefit of full year's study. If you were part of a full time program, you are okay by default.

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Has somebody recently got ECA done from IQAS???

Need to know their current processing timelines. Its been more than 2 months my package were received at their office and 40 days since AOR.

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017

Need to know their current processing timelines. Its been more than 2 months my package were received at their office and 40 days since AOR.
Would you mind sharing your timeline? and did you received a single email also confirming the receipt of your academic documents?

jeesh

Aug 26, 2017
Sri Lanka

I just got my hardcopy today. Softcopy recieved on 1st Dec. The whole process started in September, although i got AOR only on 16th and 24th October respectively.

So i think you might get yours very soon, going by my timeline. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: bigas

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
I just got my hardcopy today. Softcopy recieved on 1st Dec. The whole process started in September, although i got AOR only on 16th and 24th October respectively.

So i think you might get yours very soon, going by my timeline. Fingers crossed!
Thanks a lot for sharing the info. This indeed is encouraging.

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Would you mind sharing your timeline? and did you received a single email also confirming the receipt of your academic documents?
  • Documents received at IQAS (single packaging comprising of transcripts) - 27th Sept 2017
  • AOR from IQAS (Single email)- 25th Oct 2017

jeesh

Aug 26, 2017
Sri Lanka
Np, i was in your boat just a few days ago. Endless frustration on when i would get. I called last week, they said please count 9-10 weeks from second AOR. That means somewhere around end of December. But luckily 1st Morning, it was there, and the hardcopy came in barely 3 days after.

Just give a call, and see the status. No harm.

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Np, i was in your boat just a few days ago. Endless frustration on when i would get. I called last week, they said please count 9-10 weeks from second AOR. That means somewhere around end of December. But luckily 1st Morning, it was there, and the hardcopy came in barely 3 days after.

Will do the same today evening.

Snaina

Oct 23, 2017
Category........
FSW

I did call. Turns out they don't do assessments in a queue. So, you were really lucky @jeesh. They have no idea when my assessment would be complete. :( Seriously freaking out about end of the month holidays. Though in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty tame stuff. :rolleyes:

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
I did call. Turns out they don't do assessments in a queue. So, you were really lucky @jeesh. They have no idea when my assessment would be complete. :( Seriously freaking out about end of the month holidays. Though in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty tame stuff. :rolleyes:
When did u ring them up? Also kindly share ur timeline.

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Received soft copy of IQAS ECA for my MBA today morning and the following is specified.

Comparative Levels of Achievement in Canada:

The Master of Business Administration degree generally compares to the completion of a Master of Business Administration degree.

This means that I can now claim CRS points for Masters degree?

Reactions: Snaina

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Did anyone noticed, IQAS updated their processing time from 9-10 weeks to 12 weeks on their website. This is seriously upsetting. I waited one month for the first AOR and then another 2 weeks for the second AOR. And now I would have to wait around 3 months to get the assessment. What stupidity is this !!!
If IQAS has an 8 hour working policy I think an assessor can get 3 to 4 assessments done at least in a day. This is so ridiculous.