+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IP2 to PPR

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats good to hear, minus the long wait part. Have you been checking your email/junk folder/any old email you might have used in a previous CIC application? I hope you hear some good news soon.
We used a lawyer and does not have access to the MyCiC account and does not receive the emails ourselves (which really sucks!). But, we phone the call center basically every week but they keep saying the same thing.

Will be receiving new GCMS notes on Saturday, but I don't know if there will be any changes since the first notes received on 25 May 2017.

Good luck on your application, really hope you will also hear great news soon!

Reactions: dr feras

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
We used a lawyer and does not have access to the MyCiC account and does not receive the emails ourselves (which really sucks!). But, we phone the call center basically every week but they keep saying the same thing.

Will be receiving new GCMS notes on Saturday, but I don't know if there will be any changes since the first notes received on 25 May 2017.

Good luck on your application, really hope you will also hear great news soon!
Just out of curiosity, I have seen many people telling their lawyer has the access and they dont.
My question is, Why doesn't your lawyer let you have username and password of YOUR MyCIC account. Afterall you are paying them to serve you.
What does the lawyer say when he denies you the access to username and password ?

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
Just out of curiosity, I have seen many people telling their lawyer has the access and they dont.
My question is, Why doesn't your lawyer let you have username and password of YOUR MyCIC account. Afterall you are paying them to serve you.
What does the lawyer say when he denies you the access to username and password ?
They are filing through special portal for representatives; all files are filed through one account

Reactions: shagunsangwan

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is as AFUA2017 said above, the lawyers file all their cases using one username and password. We have asked a couple of times if there is any way we can have access, but there is just no way around this. If I knew this before, I would never have used a lawyer. Not to have control over any updates and emails sent, has been more than frustrating to say the least.

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
It is as AFUA2017 said above, the lawyers file all their cases using one username and password. We have asked a couple of times if there is any way we can have access, but there is just no way around this. If I knew this before, I would never have used a lawyer. Not to have control over any updates and emails sent, has been more than frustrating to say the least.
Got it
And i could imagine that would be very frustrating.

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
Everytime I am thinking of dissociate representative, I step back, just not make a confusion with CIC relating to correspondences

gill367

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CHD
NOC Code......
This link is not credible and you keep on posting this false information everywhere.
It says " we are processing your bg check, we will send you a message..." Is IP2 message. No, its not. I had the same message in IP1 also. Also then it says that when application will come in IP2, PPR request will be trigerred same day. Not at all, if you are very lucky only then you get it same day otherwise people are stuck in IP2 for 10-20 days like myself.

Please dont spread this ambiguous link.

It may not be matching your profile timelines.. but this is the trend which is happening with most of the applicants.
Getting the same message in the BG status for IP1 and IP2 is quite rare. .

All the best.. Wish you a speedy PPR..

Reactions: save_me_plz

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
It may not be matching your profile timelines.. but this is the trend which is happening with most of the applicants.
Getting the same message in the BG status for IP1 and IP2 is quite rare. .

All the best.. Wish you a speedy PPR..
some people misinterpret "your APPLICATION is in progress, next time is to start BGC" with " we are processing your BGC"

Reactions: save_me_plz

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
Thank you dear; I would like to share my situation with you if you would allow me.

My background check or what have been so called IP2 has started on 18th of July, and till this moments I did not receive PPR. The problem is that I do have 2 PCCs and almost 82 travels in the past 12 years.

What have made me panicked is that when I called CIC yesterday, the agent said that I did not start the background check yet.

snow884

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
LANDED..........
12-09-2019
wow thats a long wait in ip2 considering current timelines. 8 days for me. Might have something to do with our nationalities lol
Its everybody - IP2 to PPR is now taking a lot longer. I have waited for 26 days already and all that they literally need to do is send the email out.

There is a theory that they can only process a certain number of passports a day so they are dispatching PPRs at a slower rate for that reason.

dubby15

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
plss, if i got a rejection letter in july based on incomplete application and by august, get another ITA. can i still use my old documents like bank statement and police report that has no expiring date or i hv to get new ones.

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hi,
I am very confused with regards to my application .mif someone could take a few mins out and help me that would be great :).

My situation is this. I got
Application - fsw inland.
aor -23rd March.
Medical done - 10 March
Additional medical required email received - 7 April
Additional medical completed - 11 August
System changes to medical passed -14 August

Application status - we are processing your application
Review of eligibility - we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement
Medical - you have passed the medical exam
Additional documents - we do not need additional documents
Biometrics -we do not need your finger prints. We will send a message if this changes
Interview - we do not need an interview. We will message if this changes
Background check - we are processing your background check.we will message if we need more information
Final decision - your application is in progress.we will send you a message once the final decision is made.

Also on 23rd may ( two days after aor) they sent me a letter asking for an additional document with a week. I uploaded on 29 May. Status changed from additional document required to additional document uploaded. Then it fanged yo additional document under review. Then on 10 June it changed to we do not need additional document .

I have not been monitoring the background info whether it changes or not since I had not been checking daily. When do you think I could get the ppr and where I am ip1' ip2?
Thanks

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Its everybody - IP2 to PPR is now taking a lot longer. I have waited for 26 days already and all that they literally need to do is send the email out.

There is a theory that they can only process a certain number of passports a day so they are dispatching PPRs at a slower rate for that reason.
True, i noticed that as well. But they are still issuing good number of pprs every week. So i am hoping our turn will come soon.