Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
This link is not credible and you keep on posting this false information everywhere.
It says " we are processing your bg check, we will send you a message..." Is IP2 message. No, its not. I had the same message in IP1 also. Also then it says that when application will come in IP2, PPR request will be trigerred same day. Not at all, if you are very lucky only then you get it same day otherwise people are stuck in IP2 for 10-20 days like myself.

Please dont spread this ambiguous link.

Last edited:

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
This link is not credible and you keep on posting this false information everywhere.
It says " we are processing your bg check, we will send you a message..." Is IP2 message. No, its not. I had the same message in IP1 also. Also then it says that when application will come in IP2, PPR request will be trigerred same day. Not at all, if you are very lucky only then you get it same day otherwise people are stuck in IP2 for 15-20 days like myself.

Please dont spread this ambiguous link.
Dear, I see you are in IP2 since 11th of July, right?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
No, that was IP1
Due to this stupid immiknowhow link i thought it is IP2.
My timeline is in my signature
Thats correct. Ip1 can have same wording as ip2. Thats why people should correlate with timelines instead of just the wording. This whole thing isnt accurate, but what to do, its the only thing we can use to estimate where files are.

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My background check has been in process since February 2017. Eligibility, security and medicals passed since then. Can it be possible for someone's IP2 to be in process for more than 5 months?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
My background check has been in process since February 2017. Eligibility, security and medicals passed since then. Can it be possible for someone's IP2 to be in process for more than 5 months?
If you have passed security screening, sometimes the file is stuck either at CBSA or IRCC, based on reading legalfalcon's thread. Did you try contacting them? If yes, what was their response?

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have passed security screening, sometimes the file is stuck either at CBSA or IRCC, based on reading legalfalcon's thread. Did you try contacting them? If yes, what was their response?
Hi,

It was normal security, not security screening. According to multiple call center agents we spoke to over the past 2 months, our security has been passed since 15 June 2017. They are all saying we are waiting for final decision but it has been 2 months and still nothing....

Don't know what to think anymore.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi,

It was normal security, not security screening. According to multiple call center agents we spoke to over the past 2 months, our security has been passed since 15 June 2017. They are all saying we are waiting for final decision but it has been 2 months and still nothing....

Don't know what to think anymore.
Thats good to hear, minus the long wait part. Have you been checking your email/junk folder/any old email you might have used in a previous CIC application? I hope you hear some good news soon.