+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Investor immigration to Quebec (applied 2016) waiting for interview

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Dear Ash,
My CSQ was issued within 15 days after investment, I applied to CIC 2 months ago . I still wait CIC file no.

Dear all
Please share me how long does it take for file No after we apply to CIC .

Thanks a lot

Brs.
you are lucky you got CSQ so fast. Iam into my 4+weeks waiting
Where you from ? Kindly share your timeline

thnx

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Dear Ash,
My CSQ was issued within 15 days after investment, I applied to CIC 2 months ago . I still wait CIC file no.

Dear all

Thanks a lot

Brs.
Hi, which financing option did you choose ?

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Dear Ash,

Dear all

Thanks a lot

Brs.
Hi
I think you will receive your CIC file number any time now . Avg waiting time is apprx 2 months as Iam told
Rgds

deva3012

Dec 18, 2010
Hi Guys
Very proud and happy to announce that I received my CSQ today
Hope and pray for all . God bless

Congratulations Ash1969

you should be getting your CIC Fedreral file number by August end if you apply fast (this month). Then you should be getting a letter from CIC Delhi by November end. They do not accept DD from India now. You need to wire transfer by credit card. I had sent DD for 1900 CAD as Federal application fees. Then I got a letter from CIC that they have discontinued accepting DD and asked me to transfer fund by credit card.
All the best.

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Congratulations Ash1969

you should be getting your CIC Fedreral file number by August end if you apply fast (this month). Then you should be getting a letter from CIC Delhi by November end. They do not accept DD from India now. You need to wire transfer by credit card. I had sent DD for 1900 CAD as Federal application fees. Then I got a letter from CIC that they have discontinued accepting DD and asked me to transfer fund by credit card.
All the best.
Thank you so much . Your guidance and support is so inspirational. God bless
I hope and pray you get your medicals and police verification cleared ASAP so that you can land in our land of dreams at earliest
BTW my agent also told me that for Indians the PR processing time post file number is 18-24 months . But I doubt is as I have not come across any individual with so fast timelines as of now
She even told me that if I want I can land in quebec with my CSQ and put my kids in bilingual school . Medicals etc she said I can get done from Quebec itself . Also I can start business on temporary permit . Not sure about this info though, as many seniors in the forum have spoken against this version
Anyways pls be in touch and keep sharing all the updates
Thanks

deva3012

Dec 18, 2010
Thank you so much . Your guidance and support is so inspirational. God bless
I hope and pray you get your medicals and police verification cleared ASAP so that you can land in our land of dreams at earliest
BTW my agent also told me that for Indians the PR processing time post file number is 18-24 months . But I doubt is as I have not come across any individual with so fast timelines as of now
She even told me that if I want I can land in quebec with my CSQ and put my kids in bilingual school . Medicals etc she said I can get done from Quebec itself . Also I can start business on temporary permit . Not sure about this info though, as many seniors in the forum have spoken against this version
Anyways pls be in touch and keep sharing all the updates
Thanks

Hello
About landing in Quebec. Of course you can land there only as a temporary resident (that is on a tourist visa). your children can get admission only in an English medium school as an international student. I was trying for my son last month, but I was advised by a Principal of a schoolin Montreal that most of the schools wont give the correct information and that is the child can attend English medium school (select ones) as an international student, but the day he or she becomes a PR, under Quebec law, they will remove the student from the school as PR children cannot attend English medium school that is funded by Quebec govt and most of them are. I don't which grade your child is studying. There is no problem if the student studies in French medium. Or you will have to take admission in one of the big private international IB board schools which is not funded by local govt.

On a tourist visa you cannot start any business or take up any job. One of my friends daughter has got admission in Oakville for class 11 and the mother is going there on tourist visa so that the daughter can be taken care and she need not stay in hostel. Of course getting an accomodation too is bit difficult if you are not a PR. May have to stay in Air bnb. Their Federal PF under Express entry is awaited.

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Hello
About landing in Quebec. Of course you can land there only as a temporary resident (that is on a tourist visa). your children can get admission only in an English medium school as an international student. I was trying for my son last month, but I was advised by a Principal of a schoolin Montreal that most of the schools wont give the correct information and that is the child can attend English medium school (select ones) as an international student, but the day he or she becomes a PR, under Quebec law, they will remove the student from the school as PR children cannot attend English medium school that is funded by Quebec govt and most of them are. I don't which grade your child is studying. There is no problem if the student studies in French medium. Or you will have to take admission in one of the big private international IB board schools which is not funded by local govt.

On a tourist visa you cannot start any business or take up any job. One of my friends daughter has got admission in Oakville for class 11 and the mother is going there on tourist visa so that the daughter can be taken care and she need not stay in hostel. Of course getting an accomodation too is bit difficult if you are not a PR. May have to stay in Air bnb. Their Federal PF under Express entry is awaited.
Hi
Then I guess it’s better to move after getting the PR . Hope that the PR comes within 18-24 months . But I have my doubts . Is your agent who told you PR is coming in 18 months based in India ? Or is he FROM canada ? Mine is a canada based consultant.
I was reading in some other posts that there are people from NEW delhi VO waiting for medicals for more than 12 months even someone 16 months
Is it possible to get PR after 5/6 months of medical ?
I have seen cases where people have to take medical 2 times ( as medical is valid for 1 year only) but I don’t remember their VO
Honestly it’s really too difficult, our whole life is at hold
Keeping the spirits high . TC

AGS123

Jun 21, 2018
HiDeva3012/Ash1969,

I have been reading your posts for a while and they are quite informative and help people sort out many of their doubts.thanks for that.
I am an Indian and also interested in emigrating to Quebec through investment process.i have acquired the information regarding the process.however I have few doubts
1) kindly advise a reliable agent service for the process from Canada/India which can help us navigate the whole process
I came across one Canadian one and they asked for 20,000 CAD for the entire process. I found it very expensive....
What is the reasonable cost which agents charge??
2) if we are given CSQ, that means we have to provide 8,00,000 CAD to Quebec govt.
So getting CSQ is a biggest milestone.am I right?????
Does it mean we will surely be getting PR ,though It can be late as it will take time during the federal process.
But v can atleast be sure that we will get PR unless medically unfit or with criminal record.
Is my inference correct???
Kindly advise .

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
HiDeva3012/Ash1969,

I have been reading your posts for a while and they are quite informative and help people sort out many of their doubts.thanks for that.
I am an Indian and also interested in emigrating to Quebec through investment process.i have acquired the information regarding the process.however I have few doubts
1) kindly advise a reliable agent service for the process from Canada/India which can help us navigate the whole process
I came across one Canadian one and they asked for 20,000 CAD for the entire process. I found it very expensive....
What is the reasonable cost which agents charge??
2) if we are given CSQ, that means we have to provide 8,00,000 CAD to Quebec govt.
So getting CSQ is a biggest milestone.am I right?????
Does it mean we will surely be getting PR ,though It can be late as it will take time during the federal process.
But v can atleast be sure that we will get PR unless medically unfit or with criminal record.
Is my inference correct???
Kindly advise .
HI AGS,
Welcome to this forum.
pls go through the link (copy & paste) as there are proposed changes to the QIIP from this year /intake

https://www.cicnews.com/2018/03/quebec-proposes-changes-to-its-popular-investor-program-0310402.html#gs.d6oJM8I

getting the CSQ is the first milestone in this journey. But before getting the CSQ you will be asked to fill up the forms and provide /prove your networth etc . you shall fulfil the required criteria,to move ahead . Once you have deposited all forms etc, you may be called for an interview / you may get a waiver
once you have cleared the interview/got waiver, you will be asked to deposit the funds, then you will get the CSQ
Post CSQ you have to fill the forms for federal and pass medicals and the police verification etc.
then you get the PR..............seniors correct me if iam wrong somewhere or have left out something
As far as reliable agent is concerned : pls choose the same wisely...fees varies , and you can always negotiate.
all the best ,god bless

AGS123

Jun 21, 2018
HI AGS,
Welcome to this forum.
pls go through the link (copy & paste) as there are proposed changes to the QIIP from this year /intake

https://www.cicnews.com/2018/03/quebec-proposes-changes-to-its-popular-investor-program-0310402.html#gs.d6oJM8I

getting the CSQ is the first milestone in this journey. But before getting the CSQ you will be asked to fill up the forms and provide /prove your networth etc . you shall fulfil the required criteria,to move ahead . Once you have deposited all forms etc, you may be called for an interview / you may get a waiver
once you have cleared the interview/got waiver, you will be asked to deposit the funds, then you will get the CSQ
Post CSQ you have to fill the forms for federal and pass medicals and the police verification etc.
then you get the PR..............seniors correct me if iam wrong somewhere or have left out something
As far as reliable agent is concerned : pls choose the same wisely...fees varies , and you can always negotiate.
all the best ,god bless

Hi ASH,

Thanks for the reply.
I seem to have understood the process.
Would you pls suggest some agent tried and tested or recommend some names
And any rough idea about how much should their fee range??

Thank you

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Hi ASH,

Thanks for the reply.

Thank you
Hi
I would not recommend mine as Iam dissatisfied myself with their approach
You can google names . Fee range you can negotiate. Tc

Naz76

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Hi ASH,

Thanks for the reply.

Thank you
Hello,
I can recommend my agent mohani@migrationbureau.ca
Bcz I have seen him hard working, never cheated and always talk straight forward. My case is very complex but he helped me in every step. He is Canadian based Indian lawyer.
Rest is yr call. Do some research at yr own and then decide.
Thx