+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student charged with communicating for the purpose of prostitution

No name

Dec 29, 2013
I am an international student living in canada on student visa my studies will be over in April. I am charged with communicating for the purpose of prostitution. Though I have registered for John school to get the charges diverted I am very much worried will I be eligible to get my work permit after I complete my studies or the CIC will deny me with it I very much worried and feel like hating myself after this incident happened. Please reply i will be thankful.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My guess is that you are criminally inadmissible. You're best option is to contact an immigration lawyer for advice.

No name

Dec 29, 2013
Sir I have been said that after completion of john school my charges will be removed. I have paid $800 and will be doing volunteer work and I have to attend a session for the day

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No name said:
Don't assume a gender on any screen name on here. It's like the saying: Don't assume anything. It only makes an ASS out of U and ME.

I have been said that after completion of john school my charges will be removed. I have paid $800 and will be doing volunteer work and I have to attend a session for the day
The reason why you are not geting an answer is more than likely that what you have done, been charged and convicted of, isn't exactly something that happens every day to international students. That is why I say, contact an immigration lawyer who can help you as you are more than likely criminally inadmisable and need to go through criminal rehabilitation, in accordance to www.cic.gc.ca (search that website for criminal inadmissible AND criminal rehabilitation).

No name

Dec 29, 2013
Itstime
I regret what I have done till the time I live. I am sorry for the gender thing.
Please give me suggesions

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No name said:
Itstime
I regret what I have done till the time I live. I am sorry for the gender thing.
Please give me suggesions
I understand that you do.

I repeat:

Contact an immigration lawyer who can help you as you are more than likely criminally inadmisable and need to go through criminal rehabilitation, in accordance to www.cic.gc.ca (search that website for criminal inadmissible AND criminal rehabilitation).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You question is more complicated - it's not something just anyone can answer.

You really have two choices: (1) Wait patiently until a forum member who knows the answer to your question answer. This could take many days. Expecting an answer in minutes/hours is unrealistic. (2) Hire a lawyer if you're not willing to wait.

Dec 20, 2018
I am an international student living in canada on student visa my studies will be over in April. I am charged with communicating for the purpose of prostitution. Though I have registered for John school to get the charges diverted I am very much worried will I be eligible to get my work permit after I complete my studies or the CIC will deny me with it I very much worried and feel like hating myself after this incident happened. Please reply i will be thankful.
It has become very common that international students are working as prostitutes.you have to enroll in what’s app with some local people and the sex messages are circulating everywhere.International students get only $800/ month.it includes rent too. Student visas conditions should be modified. This person does not need immigration lawyer,need to buy ticket back home.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Since he is going to John School he is the client not the prostitute. You have to get a lawyer advice or read the conditions of your agreement carefully to understand if you will have a criminal record after this, I dont think you will. Or better yet ask the judge/prosecutor whoever is giving you this option what the exact conditions are.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
The best part is you are replying/arguing over OP's post which is 5 years old and was replied to last by Scylla on Dec 30 2013. Guess OP waited long enough for the expert opinions and might repLy anytime soon

Reactions: Lovesahota92

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
The best part is you are replying/arguing over OP's post which is 5 years old and was replied to last by Scylla on Dec 30 2013. Guess OP waited long enough for the expert opinions and might repLy anytime soon
Oh lol, didn't saw that actually :p

journo12

Apr 25, 2019
It has become very common that international students are working as prostitutes.you have to enroll in what’s app with some local people and the sex messages are circulating everywhere.International students get only $800/ month.it includes rent too. Student visas conditions should be modified. This person does not need immigration lawyer,need to buy ticket back home.
Hi Simranjeet I am a reporter in the Brampton area working on a story about international students doing sex work to pay for basic necessities. I'm very interested in learning more about this what's app group. Do you know what the name of the group is and how to join? I would like to interview some students who are finding clients through the group. Also, do you know any international students who would be interested in doing an interview?

Thanks