18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Hey people!

Don't be too down! I know that Vegreville is apparently way under-staffed, but let's take a step back and look what we got: we're staying with our loved ones, we're still in good health (most of us) and from here on the winter can only get less bad. Don't let the wait get to eat you alive, this will be fun for no one: not your hubby, not your friends, not each other here on the forum and certainly not for you. Be strong!

Good luck to all of you!

P.S. If there's some people that would like to subscribe to Trackitt.com, that'd be nice. With more applicants, it will give a more reliable view. :)

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
We are about to send our application, my wife is here on a TRV.
If we include the form for the OWP, do we still need to get an extension for her TRV?

Thanks

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
islenio said:
We are about to send our application, my wife is here on a TRV.
If we include the form for the OWP, do we still need to get an extension for her TRV?

Thanks
if apply for owp, then u dont need to get an extension.

Rudy9909

Aug 24, 2010
Hi there!
How y'all doing?

I just wanna send an update on my case that maybe will help someone out there.

I sent my papers by the end of February of 2010, yeah it's been a year now. And here is my e-case info:

We received your application for permanent residence on March 1, 2010.

We started processing your application on May 18, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on September 2, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on October 20, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

I got my AIP on november 18th of 2010.
I also a letter requesting my criminal records from my country which I just sent in. I mean I sent last week and they got it last monday.

Does anybody know how long it takes for them to send the landing interview letter? Once you send the criminal record?

I have a family health problem going on in my country and I can't leave canada :-[

Thanks y'all in advance for reading and repplying.

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi Rudy 9099!

As per CIC, processing time for Stage 2 (next stage after you get your AIP) is 9 months http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp, which takes it to Aug 2011, unfortunatelly...

Once you have AIP, you can apply for Open Work Permit and once you have it, you probably can leave & return, but I'm not really sure ab that. Would suggest to ask... Does anybody know if you can travel with OWP?

Thanks!

zehra

Nov 15, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rudy 9099,

I need your confirmation about the documents they requested. I was wondering whether you did not provide any of them (medicals, security checks) when you were submitting your application or because they expired they requested again. I submitted all of these documents when I applied, I even brought the security check and fingerprints from my own country. I was wondering whether I have to provide all these again as they are ridiculously slow.

I also think that we should all do something about their slowing down. Ok, very good we are here but we can't do anything else. It is very difficult to be stuck at home while your husband/wife is working hard. I think we should email or call to CIC and complain about this. I will for sure, but if more than one person email, it makes a difference.

Zehra

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
Hello,

We are going to apply inland, my wife is Mexican.
Is there someone in the board that has requested the "constancia" in Mexico and applied inland.
My main concern is that they will ask for the "informe" instead of the "constancia"
And if you got the "constancia" did you have to get a letter from CIC to request it.

We are thinking about getting the "constancia" before we send our application.

Thanks

Rudy9909

Aug 24, 2010
zehra said:
Hi Rudy 9099,

I need your confirmation about the documents they requested. I was wondering whether you did not provide any of them (medicals, security checks) when you were submitting your application or because they expired they requested again. I submitted all of these documents when I applied, I even brought the security check and fingerprints from my own country. I was wondering whether I have to provide all these again as they are ridiculously slow.

I also think that we should all do something about their slowing down. Ok, very good we are here but we can't do anything else. It is very difficult to be stuck at home while your husband/wife is working hard. I think we should email or call to CIC and complain about this. I will for sure, but if more than one person email, it makes a difference.

Zehra
considering that i didn't come here with the intention of immigrating to canada i wasnt prepared at all for this:/

So they asked me for my medical exams when I had to restore my visitor status.
Which also was applied for my permanent residency applicationan.

They also asked me for an update on my old adresses

and right when I got the AIP they asked for my criminal check.

those were all the info they asked me for since I applied back on feb of 2010

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Rudy9909 said:
Hi there!
How y'all doing?

I sent my papers by the end of February of 2010, yeah it's been a year now. And here is my e-case info:

We received the requested information on September 2, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on October 20, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

I also a letter requesting my criminal records from my country which I just sent in. I mean I sent last week and they got it last monday.

Does anybody know how long it takes for them to send the landing interview letter? Once you send the criminal record?

I have a family health problem going on in my country and I can't leave canada :-[

hi, i applied Feb 9, 2010
got AIP Nov 1, 2010
I sent police cert
and they said on ecas they received it Jan 14 (was it).
and then on ecas again, that they received it Feb 2, 2011
and after 2 days they completed my application.

if u sent police clearance just now, im afraid it takes 2-3months to "open" ur letter. good luck!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Latvian said:
Hi Rudy 9099!

As per CIC, processing time for Stage 2 (next stage after you get your AIP) is 9 months http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp, which takes it to Aug 2011, unfortunatelly...

Once you have AIP, you can apply for Open Work Permit and once you have it, you probably can leave & return, but I'm not really sure ab that. Would suggest to ask... Does anybody know if you can travel with OWP?

Thanks!
no, its not adviced to leave Canada until ur application is finalized. best time to travel is when u receive ur PR card. thats what i will wait for. so i plan to go home in July, if hubby gets vacation.

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

So here's our story....My husband Applied DEC 14 2009. We have received AIP SEPT 10 2010 (9 months) After waiting watching everyone else receive AIP and so forth I ordered my husbands FOSS Notes in DEC. We received them in the 1st week of JAN...

Heres the interesring part...All we have been waiting on since Sept is the RCMP checks. According to the 2nd part of our FOSS notes we just received a few days back it was requested MAY 28 2010. Doing some math....When we got AIP the checks were not ready which take 120 Days(4 Months) according to RCMP. So the wonderfull IO set a BF date of OCT 10 2010 for these checks.

Now to this date according to our FOSS notes no one has looked at our file since. Which means WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN APPROVED SINCE OCTOBER!

I'm a little upset as anyone would be in this case. However I spoke with CIC today and the lady says if I get my husband to call. (As i was too silly not to send in the apointment of a representaive forms) She can have this escalated b/c if our file is not look at after 4 months as ours hasnt been then she can do this. I justhope whoever he speaks to says the same....(I'm at work )

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Hey everyone

I just wanted to share my story with every one and if anyone has any advice that would be great!

this is what it says on the CIC site :

We received your application on August 25, 2009

We started processing your application on March 8, 2010

We transferred your application to the Mississauga CIC office on March 8, 2010. The Mississauga CIC office may contact you

thats it !!! and till now there is no response on the case I was advised to order FOSS notes to see whats going on.

The waite is really hard especially when you cant work or study I can see some people have applications from years back which are still being processed that worries me even more.

This is really hard !! sometimes I feel like this all a waste of time and that there is no use waiting but I got no other choice!!

Good luck to ya all !!

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Material said:
Hey everyone
I just wanted to share my story with every one and if anyone has any advice that would be great!
We transferred your application to the Mississauga CIC office on March 8, 2010. The Mississauga CIC office may contact you
thats it !!! and till now there is no response on the case I was advised to order FOSS notes to see whats going on.
The waite is really hard especially when you cant work or study I can see some people have applications from years back which are still being processed that worries me even more.
This is really hard !! sometimes I feel like this all a waste of time and that there is no use waiting but I got no other choice!!
Good luck to ya all !!
From personal experience (which wasnt pleasant), my advice is to

1. Call CIC and ask them whats the wait time in Mississauga office once a file is transferred without first stage approval. If you persist they will tell you the average wait time for specific CIC offices.

2. Contact your MP by calling or walking in their office and request that he/she intervene on your behalf.

3. Write to CIC about an update on your case on this email address: Minister@cic.gc.ca. Include your full name, date of birth, and a file number or client ID.

4. Till you get a response, collect as much evidence of continued relationship with your spouse as you can like pics, emails, joint lease agreement/ mortgage, statements of joint bank accounts, utility bills, evidence of vacations togather etc and mail it to Mississauga office ASAP. If they doubt the authenticity of your relationship, you would want to send them proofs and frequent updates without waiting for them to ask first.

Best of luck!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Material said:
Hey everyone

Good luck to ya all !!
u should call Mississauga office to ask whats the waiting time there too. or even go there if its close.

since they transfered ur file without approval, u gonna have an interview with them. they want to make sure ur relationship/marriage is real. so u and ur spouse/partner should practice if u dont know smthing or not sure bout each other. like favorite stuff, inlaws names birthdays, they might ask how u met, how relationship developed, future plans, kids.. anything and everything.

i just wanna ask u, are u a filipino/a by any chance? :) cause i know one couple who have a same/similar case, im just not sure bout dates. and they have baby on the way.

Jean26

Sep 26, 2010
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Non
AOR Received.
16-04-2010
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2011
Hi Rudy,
I already went thru my landing interview last Feb4th and I'am now waiting for my PR Card. I just wanted to let you know that on January I left Canada to visit my Dad who has been sick and I didn't have anything but a printscreen from e-cas that stated that my application was "In Process". Once in Dominican Republic, My neighbour checked my mail and my AIP had arrived. I asked her to scan it for me and send it by email. With that on hand I entered Canada, they asked me what was my status in Canada, and I replied I'm a visitor with a in Canada application for Permanent Residence. He then asked do you have any proof? And I showed him my letter of approval, and that was it. That took less than 8 mins and I was allowed in. But, I do have a multiple entry visa, issued by my home country valid until 11/2011. Do you have multiple entry visa?
I was always scared of traveling and missed out on going with my husband to a couple of trips because I was scared of what could happen...The thruth is that even when I left I was very worried that I took that much of a risk, but I had to go see my dad and had waited too long, this was just the time and I wasn't going to not go see him in his health state, and I'm glad I did.
Now I think back and think there is too much fear among us P.R applicants about leaving the country, but if you have a valid multiple entry visa and a proof that you're in process I have experienced that officers don't have a reason to not let you in.
I had more than 3 friends from this forum that told me that even tough they were among the few that have taken the risk, that it wasn't a real issue and that they did it with out any problem, so I decided to trust and to go. But, it all depends on you and of what you feel is right.
Good luck

Rudy9909 said:
Hi there!
How y'all doing?