Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Non
AOR Received.
16-04-2010
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2011
Hi Guys!! I was also wondering if I really would be needing to fill out a OWP...? So I really appreciate that you let me know that I really don't need one if I'm already landing. I guess I got confused when I always read on the forum some people saying that they were sending their OWP after they received approval in principal, and as the letter says you know can apply for OWP. It all didn't make much sense for me.... Thanks for letting me Know!!! I saved my self $150.00 I was about to do it today :)
Hugs to All!!!

R

robrod

It's very nice to see everybody getting AIPs, DM letters, Landing appointment letters and the Landings themselves!. And special congrats to you, Kris13 on your new family addition... We are about to have our own family addition in about 2 weeks, a boy as well!!!!!!!!!!!!....
But then the thread is slowly dying just like the October 2009 Inland did (the one I belonged to but never joined in time), people begin to move on and write less and less about their own applications as they begin to submerge themselves in their own Canadian life...
Just before that happens, I wish everyone a happy Canadian life and a prosperous one as well!.
Rob.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Im still here , popping in and out , just got a new full time permanent job with full benefits so am chuffed to bits :D

still waiting to hear from someone somewhere who knows where my CSIS assessment has gone , re done meds other week so just waiting for good news .

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
I totally necglected this blog for 2 months, cuz it was making me more nervious and paranoid, just by reading all the ups/downs of other users. Anyways, here is an update on my case:

E-CAS shows the following on my Permanent Residence App:
We received your application for permanent residence on January 8, 2010.
We started processing your application on March 13, 2010.
Medical results have been received.
We received the requested information on January 12, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
**Jan 25/2011 rcvd my AIP & OWP; now the police background check is pending and as soon as is received @ CIC-Veg, if everything goes smooth, immigration will issue my PR.
It took over a year to get everything done and approved, so good luck to everyone and never give up! ;)

R

robrod

It's not only mental but physical as well... I remember my days of uncertainty very well... but once you become landed, it will be a thing of the past in no time!.
Best of luck, everybody!.
Happy to report I made it back from Mexico with my PR card in hand, and for the first time since a long time ago and many entries, I was not sent to secondary inspection!!!!!!.... That was as sweet as becoming a PR!.
Rob.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
robrod said:
It's not only mental but physical as well... I remember my days of uncertainty very well... but once you become landed, it will be a thing of the past in no time!.
Best of luck, everybody!.
Happy to report I made it back from Mexico with my PR card in hand, and for the first time since a long time ago and many entries, I was not sent to secondary inspection!!!!!!.... That was as sweet as becoming a PR!.
Rob.

It must have been an awsome feeling RR ! Im looking forward to the day I can visit England and come back here with no probs :)

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
robrod said:
Yes, Eye!... It's a feeling of you belong somewhere. A very nice feeling, it sure put a smile on my face after I came out of there to pick up our bags at Customs... Officer spent more time with our letter allowing me to take our daughter to Mexico without my wife than on my past immigration secondary inspection episodes and entries in my file...

AHHAhha the officer prob thought you were kidnapping your daughter LOL , glad you had no probs though ..im happy for you :) were you happy to see your family ? and were you happy to come back to Canada ?

jesse_love

Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC just posted: "working on app April 19". Only 2 days for a whole week!!! ??? The time for initial assessment is 9-10 months now. I won't be surprised that it will become 10-11 soon if they still keep that speed. What are they doing now?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
jesse_love said:
CIC just posted: "working on app April 19". Only 2 days for a week!!! ??? What are they doing now?
Yeah I know it is ridiculous. We have already all waited so long as it is.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Everyone is behind after the holidays. Buffalo has slowed down as well :(

jesse_love

Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am wondering if there is any testing here. they may want to see if there are any couples who would give up.... ::)
I am so frustrated and disappointed with them.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
So what about all us who have received AIP and re done medicals and all security/background checks have been done ? how long do we have to wait ? :'(

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
kelKel said:
Everyone is behind after the holidays. Buffalo has slowed down as well :(
Yeah I can understand that but still they just now increased it more than a month after holidays. Ugh I can't even begin to express the frustration I feel for all of us here. I mean I fell bad for the IO's as well for the amount of workload they have to deal with but at least their life isn't put on hold. All of us here, are put on hold and that just isn't right.

jesse_love said:
I am wondering if there is any testing here. they may want to see if there are any couples who would give up.... ::)
I am so frustrated and disappointed with them.
I am frustrated too. But I say if this is their test then let them keep testing me. I am not moving my a** no where unless it is with my hubby. I am joined at the hip to my hubby and if they want to test us by making us wait longer then that will only make us stronger.

eyeoftheocean said:
So what about all us who have received AIP and re done medicals and all security/background checks have been done ? how long do we have to wait ? :'(
I was wondering the same thing eyeoftheocean. I really hope the wait doesn't increase to finish up for those still waiting for that final step. I hope your day comes soon. :-*

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
We should probably nudge our local MPs about this situation. This waiting time just keeps increasing day by day. Did you'll know that it takes them about 3 months to open normal correspondence sent to Vegreville? For e.g. if you sent your police certificates after you sent in your PR application, that envelope will only be opened after 3 months...they even have a waiting period for that. I also saw another thread where the RCMP checks have a 4 month waiting period.....if that's the waiting period, why can't they request for these checks as soon as they start processing the application so by the time, the IO reviews it, the RCMP results will be in ! These guys need to think about some process improvements as the current process is clearly not efficient in any way ! When I applied, it was a 6 month waiting period to hear about AIP and now its 9-10 months - RIDICULOUS !!!!

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Well, add another month for general correspondance- I sent them stuff in the middle of November and now they are still at the beginning of October with openings...Only good thing for me, they will open and hopefully attach those things to my application before AIP time. I agree though, it is ridiculous.
I`m also waiting on a new WP since I did not apply for OWP yet and I`m on implied status sice the 12th of Dec, I can expect April with that one too- I sent paper application because I wanted to work until I hopefully get AIP and be able to apply for OWP. Sorry to say it, but now their incredible slowliness work well for me. Please don`t hate me to say that! :D I would kick their a*** if I could get them going for sure!