+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Hey Komar

Thank you for your advice I already contacted my MP about a week ago and she told me that shes going to call me when immigration responds to my case and and Im going to request FOSS notes this week to see whats going on.I will email them this week through the email Address you gave me.

Any other advice? everybody is really helpful on this site I wish I had knew it along time ago

Thanks again komar !!

Material

Feb 16, 2011
u should call Mississauga office to ask whats the waiting time there too. or eve

Hey Asta

I’m not Filipino but I’m curious to know what happened to the couple?? my wife was pregnant but she had a miss carriage which was really hard on both of us anyways thanks for the advice.

Thank you all

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Material said:
Hey Komar

Thank you for your advice I already contacted my MP about a week ago and she told me that shes going to call me when immigration responds to my case and and Im going to request FOSS notes this week to see whats going on.I will email them this week through the email Address you gave me.

Any other advice? everybody is really helpful on this site I wish I had knew it along time ago

Thanks again komar !!
You are most welcome, Material. Glad to be of help. I too am in this process for ever so I know first hand what you are going through.

Keep following up with your MP. You will get a quicker response if you fax the request for Foss notes. You can find the form on this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf and the fax number here: http://www.infosource.gc.ca/inst/imc/fed11-eng.asp

In the meanwhile send updates to your application ASAP. Dont, I repeat, dont wait for them to ask for it.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
komar said:
You are most welcome, Material. Glad to be of help. I too am in this process for ever so I know first hand what you are going through.

Keep following up with your MP. You will get a quicker response if you fax the request for Foss notes. You can find the form on this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf and the fax number here: http://www.infosource.gc.ca/inst/imc/fed11-eng.asp

In the meanwhile send updates to your application ASAP. Dont, I repeat, dont wait for them to ask for it.

What kind of updates should I send komar?? any advice ?becasue I dont want to mess up the application.and when I send my request for FOSS NOTES should I acompany it with a letter?

I hope u dont mind me asking whats your situation?

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Material said:
What kind of updates should I send komar?? any advice ?becasue I dont want to mess up the application.and when I send my request for FOSS NOTES should I acompany it with a letter?

I hope u dont mind me asking whats your situation?
Updates could be pics, emails, wills, joint lease agreement/ mortgage, invitation cards, statements of joint bank accounts, utility bills, evidence of vacations togather like boarding passes, hotel bills etc. Anything that show you togather or have your names on it. they would want to see anything that proves that you are in a continuing relationship since the time you applied.

You dont need to send a letter with the application for requesting FOSS notes.

As for our situation, we applied in June of 2009 with complete documentation. Application was transferred to local office in Aug. then we moved to another provice and requested to transfer our application to the local office. It was transferred to the new office on Dec18 and we got a letter on Dec31 that our application is refused. No request for documents or interview was ever sent. We had no admissibility issue i-e clear police records and medical reports but still... We ordered Foss notes and the reasons given were laughable or in our case 'cryable'.

Not only us but everyone we showed it to including MP, senators, radio, tv and newspaper journalists admitted that it was a mistake but we were told that there is no way an inland refused application can be looked at again even when there is an evidence of mistake on th IO part as there is no right of appeal. So here we are applying again and waiting...

Still cant talk about it without feeling extremely depressed and wronged...

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
komar said:
Updates could be pics, emails, wills, joint lease agreement/ mortgage, invitation cards, statements of joint bank accounts, utility bills, evidence of vacations togather like boarding passes, hotel bills etc. Anything that show you togather or have your names on it. they would want to see anything that proves that you are in a continuing relationship since the time you applied.

As for our situation, we applied in June of 2009 with complete documentation. Application was transferred to local office in Aug. then we moved to another provice and requested to transfer our application to the local office. It was transferred to the new office on Dec18 and we got a letter on Dec31 that our application is refused. No request for documents or interview was ever sent. We had no admissibility issue i-e clear police records and medical reports but still... We ordered Foss notes and the reasons given were laughable or in our case 'cryable'.

Not only us but everyone we showed it to including MP, senators, radio, tv and newspaper journalists admitted that it was a mistake but we were told that there is no way an inland refused application can be looked at again even when there is an evidence of mistake on th IO part as there is no right of appeal. So here we are applying again and waiting...

so sorry to hear that. can i know what were the reasons? are u applying inland again or outland? in any case best of luck! it really could be a mistake or the person who worked on ur case was in a bad mood, which happens and is really wrong.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Re: u should call Mississauga office to ask whats the waiting time there too. or eve

Material said:
Hey Asta

I'm not Filipino but I'm curious to know what happened to the couple?? my wife was pregnant but she had a miss carriage which was really hard on both of us anyways thanks for the advice.

Thank you all
aww so sorry to hear about that :/

well, nothing happened to the couple, they are still waiting for the interview. but their case is complicated. the applicant was staying here illegally etc., plus she applied at first for refugee status and was denied, and now she trying migrate through sponsorship.

anyways, ur case still sounds normal, even though it took a year to wait for interview. sorry to say but some people wait from 6 months to 24 months for the interview. since they didnt refuse ur application at once means they gonna work on it. in ur case i would call local office myself and ask bout waiting time and application itself, not waiting for MP to call. im a such person who likes to do stuff myself and dont trust my things to others (MP in this case). its nothing wrong to call local office and inquire.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
komar said:

Im so sorry to hear that I wish you all the best with your new app it must be frustrating but hang in there everything hopefuly will work out for you.
Did you submit another inland application?

thanks for the help

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Re: u should call Mississauga office to ask whats the waiting time there too. or eve

Asta said:
aww so sorry to hear about that :/

well, nothing happened to the couple, they are still waiting for the interview. but their case is complicated. the applicant was staying here illegally etc., plus she applied at first for refugee status and was denied, and now she trying migrate through sponsorship.

anyways, ur case still sounds normal, even though it took a year to wait for interview. sorry to say but some people wait from 6 months to 24 months for the interview. since they didnt refuse ur application at once means they gonna work on it. in ur case i would call local office myself and ask bout waiting time and application itself, not waiting for MP to call. im a such person who likes to do stuff myself and dont trust my things to others (MP in this case). its nothing wrong to call local office and inquire.
Hey Asta

Yeah it seems that it needs more time !! I will try an reach the local office to see whats going on.

Thanks for the advice , wish ya all the best

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Ok I just got a call from my MP saying that the file is in the Etobicoke office where I was told by mail that its at the mississauga office ??online it is says that its at the mississauga office as well ok now Im confused!!! where should I mail the updates and the foss notes request??
and whats frustrating even more is that she said the file is scheduled for reviewing at the end of April??? does that mean they havnt even looked at it???

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
islenio said:
My main concern is that they will ask for the "informe" instead of the "constancia"
And if you got the "constancia" did you have to get a letter from CIC to request it.
We are thinking about getting the "constancia" before we send our application.
@ Islenio:
what do you mean with "constancia" or "informe", is this the No-Antecedentes Penales/Police clearance from Mex?

If so, there's a web link on CIC website that guides you how to obtain a police certificate from Mexico:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

If you live in Mexico:
•The federal police certificate you need is called the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales.
•While your application is being processed, the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City will give you instructions to obtain the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales.

If you live outside Mexico:
The federal police certificate you will need is called the Informe de datos registrales. You must follow specific instructions to get this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp

Good Luck!

pconroy

Feb 25, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
I got my PR today. After nine months of waiting and not hearing anything from CIC, sponsor approval/AIP, OWP and Pr all happened within two weeks! I must have been very lucky and also that my forms were filled out correctly and all the required documents as the whole process was faster than I thought.

My ecas history:
We received your application for permanent residence on May 3, 2010.

We started processing your application on July 14, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on February 9, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on February 11, 2011 to ********* Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, ******* about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pconroy said:
I got my PR today. After nine months of waiting and not hearing anything from CIC, sponsor approval/AIP, OWP and Pr all happened within two weeks! I must have been very lucky and also that my forms were filled out correctly and all the required documents as the whole process was faster than I thought.

My ecas history:
We received your application for permanent residence on May 3, 2010.

We started processing your application on July 14, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on February 9, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on February 11, 2011 to ********* Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, ******* about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
Congratulations!!! Your application must have been one of those really straightforward. Good for you!!
Can you share a little more detail about your relationship and background? Thank you !
:):):)

@ suenim, I think you are the next!! :)

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Congrats to you :D

And to Janadian for OWP ..good luck finding work !

pconroy

Feb 25, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
boasorte said:
Congratulations!!! Your application must have been one of those really straightforward. Good for you!!
Can you share a little more detail about your relationship and background? Thank you !
:):):)

@ suenim, I think you are the next!! :)
Sure. Common-law application. I'm an Australian citizen, arrived in Canada on a work permit in 2007, met my partner in 2008 and applied for PR after we had been living together for just over a year.

So a pretty simple application hence the fast processing times.

One thing I did that likely sped the process was including my UK police certificate (I lived in the UK for a year prior to moving to Canada. CIC say not to send with your application but that they will request it when it is required) and sending this about 6 months after sending in my PR application. That way when they started processing my application they already had my medicals, my Australian police certificate and my UK police certificate. No need to ask me for any additional paperwork as they had it all on file.

Hoping everyone else has luck with their applications.

PS - for those that don't use it, I foudn the e-cass tracker a real help, it sent me an email as soon as ecas was updated: https : / /ecas.carroll. org. uk