File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
jesse_love said:
silvapriscila,
I want to apply Foss notes too. However, I heard that it would slow down the process of the PR appl. is it right?
Only if you order in-canada file. ordering FOSS only won't create any delay

Kris13

Sep 19, 2010
silvapriscila said:
I received my foss notes today!!
And the BF date is January 26th.

Adzees, it seems like we are in the same boat. ;D
Can I ask what this BF date is all about plz?? Bring forward?? But what does it mean?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kris13 said:
Can I ask what this BF date is all about plz?? Bring forward?? But what does it mean?
BF happens when CPC-V requests more documents/info(medical, police certificates..) they give you 90 days to receive the requested information... Bring Forward Date is when they are going to check your application next for the information they requested and "restart" working on it.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I have decided that for part of my contribution to the inlander family that I want to help everyone get through this wait easier and calmly. I figure that by doing this small activity I have planned then in the end of this we will all come out stronger and grateful. Everyday I will post a quote. Like the "Quote of the Day" type thing and everyone can reflect how this quote makes them feel and how they connect it into their life at this moment. I will also be posting a new activity that people could do while applying inland and waiting. Hopefully all of you will feel as excited for this as I am. :)

I will now post to start the activity now!

QUOTE OF THE DAY (Tues. Dec 14, 10)
"Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing."

INLAND WAITING ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
Every day take a picture of something that made you smile or you want to always remember.Make a journal with your photos and write a description about it.Where you were, what you were doing at the time, etc. Then whenever you are sad or want to just reflect on a memory you can flip through your journal. Also, you could make the journal in a scrapbook if you want to be more creative!

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi Asta!

Congratulations with your OWP! :) Glad to see that things are moving forward for you... I'm still waiting and will do so for a loooong while. I'm going to talk to my employer either they want to apply for LMO so I can apply for new work permit before mine gets expired. If they say no, then sucks to be me... do you know either it's possible to apply for visitor stay while waiting for AIP and then for OWP, once AIP is received? CIC processes visitor visas within 110 days now (!!!) so I may get AIP earlier than they'll extend my visitor stay. And another question - are you allowed now to leave Canada with OWP or you're supposed to stay inland until you have your PR?

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Latvian said:
Hi Asta!

Congratulations with your OWP! :) Glad to see that things are moving forward for you... I'm still waiting and will do so for a loooong while. I'm going to talk to my employer either they want to apply for LMO so I can apply for new work permit before mine gets expired. If they say no, then sucks to be me... do you know either it's possible to apply for visitor stay while waiting for AIP and then for OWP, once AIP is received? CIC processes visitor visas within 110 days now (!!!) so I may get AIP earlier than they'll extend my visitor stay. And another question - are you allowed now to leave Canada with OWP or you're supposed to stay inland until you have your PR?

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Hey Latvian, thanks!

i really dont know if u can apply for visitor stay, i think we should be able to apply, cause how else to stay legal here?is it really not allowed to apply for OWP while waiting for AIP? cause u will pay for visa 75$ then what if u get AIP with visa, then apply for OWP - 150$. money money...

and no i cant leave the country yet. need to wait for PR card. then u can go 100% anywhere. i dont wanna risk. ill just wait. as long as i can work now, i can live like a normal human being.

so anyways, today i got my SIN number. very fast, no line. the lady was very very nice. even with little jokes.
also applied for health card, at last i succeeded. i wanted to apply last month but i didnt have bank statement with my address which i really needed. it didnt delay my health card arrival day. i thought it would! its 3 months since the day AIP was issued. so ill have it by february. a month and a half left.

oh and love young - i didnt change my name/ passport. i asked to put my husband's name at the end of my name on health card and they did. i just needed to show marriage certificate. but not on SIN card, because my work permit is on my maiden name, so SIN card should be same name. later when i wont need work permit anymore, maybe ill change it and add hubby's name.

thanks to all :)

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Hey Latvian, you can and you have to apply for visitor visa if you cannot extend your current work permit- that is how you secure your legal status. I guess you did not include OWP with your original application. If you would have done so, you could have been on implied status until AIP, meaning you could have continued working for the same employer under the same conditions. You cannot send an OWP request later to be attached to the initial application, you have to wait until you get AIP. To apply for visitor visa is 75$, you can do it online or on paper. Online processing time is 50 days compared to the 100+ by paper. They advice you to send it 30 days earlier than your current visa expires, however you can wait until the day before the expiry. It worth to try to convince your employer to get a new LMO for you. Under the new policy if your LMO doesn`t arrive until your WP expires, you can send the extention off without it in 2 weeks before the expiry date. You have to include the details of LMO request (when, where it was made, better to attach the request form fom your employer, job offer and contact). You can continue working this way under implied status until they make a decision. For visitor visa request you can ask for a full year and later if you still need more time, get it extended for a 2nd time. Hope it is helpful!

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
Hi Guys,

Do i have to take my birth certificate for my landing interview. And what documentation should i take with me.

Thanks.

R

robrod

I take it you haven't received the landing appointment letter in the mail yet, Alibaba?.

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Thanks Asta & Ditta for your advice and information!

Ditta, and if I get AIP before my current work permit expires and will apply to OWP before it expires, will I be able to continue working for the same employer under implied status then?

Thanks!

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
yea man appointment letter still hasn't arrived.. its funny isn't it and i am panicking full time. Even My wife is not able to come with me because its such a short notice. She is working and she has meetings etc etc. We just hate how CIC operates. I don't know what to do, the call agent lady said my wife doesn't have to be there when i told her the situation. I am very confused.

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
robrod said:
COPR appointment letter from my local office reads like this, Alibaba (I don't remember what the blah, blah points were exactly as they didn't apply to me and this letter ended up in the recycleables bin long time ago):

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for November 17 at 8:15 am.

You must attend the interview with the following:
- Valid passport.
- blah.
- blah (doesn't apply to me).
- Your sponsor.
- $490.
- 2 photos.
- blah.
- blah.

IMPORTANT

Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada an your file may be closed.

Page 2 is a form about identity documents seized by Immigration authorities (doesn't apply to me).
Page 3 is a photo specifications info sheet.
Thanks man i appreciate it. I think i only need to take my passport, 2 photos, all the letters from CIC and the fees. Just in case if my mrs isn't able to go i will take a photocopy of her passport with me.

Cheers

R

robrod

The 3 blah, blah points were just that... but now I do remember the blah point that didn't apply to me: it was about people being here on an immigration bond... I suppose it doesn't apply to you either?.
Good idea to take her passport with you just in case they ask as the agent over the phone said she wasn't needed...
Best of luck on thursday, let us know how it went and felt!.
Rob.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
alibaba said:
yea man appointment letter still hasn't arrived.. its funny isn't it and i am panicking full time. Even My wife is not able to come with me because its such a short notice. She is working and she has meetings etc etc. We just hate how CIC operates. I don't know what to do, the call agent lady said my wife doesn't have to be there when i told her the situation. I am very confused.
man make sure they have the right address of yours on file.. Or may be the postman of your area is that fishy one they caught while ago for not delivering all mails.

R

robrod

Imagine his situation (or mine) when waiting for the PR card to arrive in that mail, Adzees... I hope mine arrives on time, I'm leaving to Mex in about 2 weeks...