+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

R

robrod

No PR card in the mail today either... still have next week in full for the thing to finally arrive.
Was looking at the infamous travel document and it obviously is a pain having to go to Mexico City to apply for one and hopefully obtaining it... I want this thing as a xmas present instead, Kris...
Too bad we're flying like mere mortals on the way over, though... it could be a fun one but I see the plane is still not full with empty rows at the back where we're seated... hopefully it will stay like this for one more week...
Yes, excited about going to visit the family with our daughter.... last time I was there was before coming here to embark on our honeymoon (August, 2009)... It's just a pitty my wife is not coming... She'll be 8 months pregnant soon and not worth risking it...
I hear ya, Latvian!.. who knows how our daughter will behave on this trip. She needs to be entertained as well, so I'm taking toys and nibblies for her to hopefully keep her interested... plus we have window seat, with a bit of luck she'll show interest in what's going on outside the window..
Merry Xmas to you and everyone else!!!!... Hope we all get letters from CIC as presents, wouldn't that be cool?.
Rob.

djredeyes

Aug 26, 2009
  • HI ALL,
    what an informative thread to read on, congratulations to all who got their pr, approval, interviews etc..
    i myself is a sponsor to my spouse & jst wondering if anybody from march 2010 applicants (june-process) has had yet any news re: PR interviews, OWP or what not..anybody there?
    good luck to all of us, God bless-have a wonderful holidays ahead..
app sent: 16 march 2010
started processing: 1 jun 2010 :-* ::) 8) ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
QUOTE OF THE DAY (Wed. Dec 15, 10)
"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you."

INLAND WAITING ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
One of the most popular things recommended to help ease the waiting is to do volunteering. So start looking online and in the newspaper for how you can help your community. It also helps to have references for when it comes time for work and also the volunteering looks good on a resume.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Don't know if anyone is benefiting from this small activity I am doing but I certainly hope it is helping at least in some small measure.
Here are the updates for today so hopefully you can read and reflect. Feel free to express how the quotes make you feel or if you have done the activity that I described and it made your wait easier or helped you keep calm during the wait. I am doing this for all of you.

QUOTE OF THE DAY (Thurs. Dec 16, 10)
"We are the perfect couple, we're just not in the perfect situation."

Use this time that you are waiting to immigrate to appreciate your own roots. Have a joint activity with your spouse/partner and find out your genealogy history from each others family. It will make you feel more in tune with the struggles your own family once took and how you are doing the same. Find out stories you never knew before, people you didn't know you were related to, and also teach your children about their own family history. I think you find this a fun activity for the whole family and knowledge that can be handed down from generation to generation.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djredeyes said:
  • HI ALL,
    what an informative thread to read on, congratulations to all who got their pr, approval, interviews etc..
    i myself is a sponsor to my spouse & jst wondering if anybody from march 2010 applicants (june-process) has had yet any news re: PR interviews, OWP or what not..anybody there?
    good luck to all of us, God bless-have a wonderful holidays ahead..
app sent: 16 march 2010
started processing: 1 jun 2010 :-* ::) 8) ;D
You should be hearing something from CIC anytime now since they are working on app. received on March 19, 2010.
Good luck, and let us know if you get any update! :)

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Rob, another one on the way, congratulations! :) Definitely not worth your wife travelling at this late stage in the pregnancy. Don't think she would be allowed to anyway??? Looks like 2011 is going to start off to be a great year for you :)

I'm going to be checking your quotes out everyday Love_Young!

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, I decided to call CIC today to see if my OWP has FINALLY been processed yet and it still has NOT after 93 days..once again I've been told to call next week. This is just terrible. Then I asked if my FBI criminal background check was added to my file yet since I sent it in the beginning of November and the agent told me there is a Bring Forward date of Feb 15th on my app so nothing will happen until then!!! I feel like I'm the only one from 2009 having delay after delay when my case truely is so straight forward :( no good news for my holidays yet, but I'm STILL crossing my fingers to hear that my OWP has been approved come next week so that I can finally work and get us back up financially!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hope no one here is giving me negatives since I was trying to keep everyone positive in here during the wait. Sorry I don't have more expertise to help out or offer advice but thought I was doing a good thing. Maybe I am wrong? I would much rather have someone telling me I am doing something wrong than receive bad ratings. Not saying it was any of you. Just the only thread I could think I might be doing something in that people don't like.

Yeah this post is useless and doesn't make sense...I shall be on my way now. *leaves thread* :-[

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
joce288 said:
So, I decided to call CIC today to see if my OWP has FINALLY been processed yet and it still has NOT after 93 days..once again I've been told to call next week. This is just terrible. Then I asked if my FBI criminal background check was added to my file yet since I sent it in the beginning of November and the agent told me there is a Bring Forward date of Feb 15th on my app so nothing will happen until then!!! I feel like I'm the only one from 2009 having delay after delay when my case truely is so straight forward :( no good news for my holidays yet, but I'm STILL crossing my fingers to hear that my OWP has been approved come next week so that I can finally work and get us back up financially!

did u apply for OWP online?

i applied on paper, and i got it right after 30 days.. (this monday)

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Love-young, if anyone ever gives you a bad rating just because you are trying to inspire us or keep us in good cheer than don`t deal with it or take it. I think we all should appreciate the effort you put into these quotes. So two tumbs up for you!!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
ditta said:
Love-young, if anyone ever gives you a bad rating just because you are trying to inspire us or keep us in good cheer than don`t deal with it or take it. I think we all should appreciate the effort you put into these quotes. So two tumbs up for you!!!
Aww thanks so much. <3 So nice to know my efforts are appreciated. I really feel like you all are family and if one of you are down then I will feel down. I just want us to all stay strong together.

P.S. I am giving you good ratings too. :p

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
I enjoy reading your quotes ! and who ever gives out bad ratings is a fool :mad:

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Thanks so much lilly_inland and eyeoftheocean. You guys are amazing. :)

Anyway, I am having a bit of a down day and I am sorry for that. I don't know if many of you know or have read but my husband has Cystic Fibrosis (I will post links to read what it is) and he periodically has to have appointments to check on his health. Well he has one today and I guess I am really nervous for him. He has to have his lung function tested meaning to check how much of his lungs he his using. Last time it was 53% and if he drops 10% today, he will be in the hospital for about two weeks. Which would mean no Christmas together and on top of that if he drops that much then I will be scared considering that if it drops to 30% he will need a double lung transplant. He is only 21. How do I stay strong for him when deep down it scares the sh*t out of me. I can't handle him being in the hospital again. Before we met I didn't really know much of his disease but I did study about it after he shared with me that he had it. I cried my eyes out for days. I cared so much for him and wanted to be with him but it scared me to see that most with the disease don't live to reach their 30's even though the life expectancy is increasing.

His whole life his mom made him do his medicine and at the time he was considered to be the healthiest with his disease in Canada. Not the province but in Canada. As he got older he didn't want to do it anymore. Maybe rebellion, maybe embarrassment I am not sure. When he came to visit me in the US he only brought enzymes (with the disease you can't really digest food so you have to take pills before every snack and meal) when usually you need as we call it mask treatments. He stayed with me for 4 months. He wanted to stay longer but as more time passed the worse his cough got and he was running out of enzymes so we scheduled the soonest flight to his home. That is when I came here with him in March 09. I was only given 4 1/2 months to stay here at the time. A week after we arrived he had an appointment. I had caught the flu and he told me to stay and rest up that he would be home soon. Well an hour or so later his brother woke me from a nap and said hubby was on the phone so I answered. He told me they were putting him in the hospital for the weekend because his lung function dropped from 77% to 43%. 30% in just 4 months. (This is why he can't live in the US plus the US won't let him since he has a fatal disease)

Anyway, I freaked out because this is my first time in another country and I don't know anyone. I was shy around his family. I mean we just got here. Well turns out he stayed in the hospital for 3 weeks and on home IV for 3 more weeks. This is why I extended my stay because we still hadn't had anytime to spend together. He was needing to talk care of his health. Since when your lung function drops so much, you have scarring and that makes it hard to get it back to how it used to be. He got it back up to mid 60% and the doctors always say how I am a blessing for him because he never would care for his health before I came along. He hasn't been in the hospital again for almost 2 years which is AMAZING for people with CF. I am just so nervous he is going to have a bad result today. It is so close to Christmas and all. And what happens if I don't get AIP and get refused. I can't handle being away from him. Ugh...I am so scared. I have no where else to go and I am sorry this has been long and confusing but I needed to get it off my chest somewhere. I hope you all understand.

Here are some links to better understand Cystic Fibrosis:
http://www.cysticfibrosis.ca/en/aboutCysticFibrosis/index.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystic_fibrosis

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hoping to lift some more spirits today. Here is your update.

QUOTE OF THE DAY (Fri. Dec 17, 10)
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

An activity that may not be as enjoyable but maybe didn't have the time for before, would be losing weight or just getting healthy. Maybe you are like me and wanted to do it but never had the time before. Now is the time to start because after getting AIP you might not get this valuable time again. Use this time to get healthy and start a new healthy life. Maybe learn some new recipes with the family as well as do recreation together. If you like also join a gym or if you are more of a private person and want to stay indoors you could also do Taboo, Yoga, Meditation, etc. Also for those that are like us and have game consoles you could use Wii Fit as well as the new Xbox 360 Kinect. They have games that scan your body to tell you your height, weight, BMI, etc and they also correct you when they notice you aren't doing a move as well as you should be. However, you chose to do it just make it fun for yourself, relieve some stress, and become healthy. This is something you not only benefit from now but also throughout your life. Make your new start in Canada a healthy one.