February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
ss06cj said:
Any March/April Applicants in here who have been lucky enough to have heard something yet?
CIC Vegreville is still processing January Applications

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
adzees said:
Nope nothing.. they don't update e-cas till Tuesday Wednesday
Sigh. CIC really needs to change that info on their website. It's wrong. See the bottom of my FAQ here:

https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/

"How often does e-CAS get updated, and when?

Most people get only a handful of updates on e-CAS during the course of a typical application. It can be many months between updates. Some updates show up for some people, but not for others (e.g. "medical results received"). For some reason, the CIC website says "The Client Application Status site is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays". I have no idea why CIC has this on their website, since it is not true. At best, it is highly misleading, and really CIC should change this information on their website, as it confuses people. e-CAS can be updated on any day of the week, including weekends. The e-CAS Tracker system has seen updates to people's e-CAS files every single day of the week."

Last time I ran the stats on tracker updates, there were actually more updates on Mondays than any other day:

http://www.roadtocanada.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2640&pid=50402#pid50402

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
Asta said:
its not a question about application, but for inlanders. id like to know from those who got AIP and open work permit, did u get a job and what job is it if not a secret, and was it hard to get it?
I had my OWP since I graduated here in 2007, it was very easy to find a job and being hired since I finish my studies here in Canada.

but it depends of the work field, some jobs require further certifications, or the jobs aren't in high demand.

I'd recommend you to send out/drop off as many resumes as possible, if you focus on only one type of job/company or a couple, it may be a bit harder to get the job right away. Go to the Service Canada website to get some useful resources and access the job postings database. Check the newspapers, go to community centers, or the Immigration Service Society of your province.

Isn't easy but isn't impossible either. Good luck

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Msaso said:
Thank you Matthewc!
I have another question, maybe you could help me...
I can see in the forum that some people received the PR just 1 1/2 month after the AIP.
I received in July 15th three letters from the CIC with date July 8th. One for my husband saying that he was accepted as sponsor, my OWP and another letter for me saying that I meet the requirements to apply for a PR but the final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met.
The thing is I don´t see any instruction to follow, I don´t know if my case was sending to other office or remain in Vegreville (the letter don´t say anything about this).
Do I need to wait until...?

Also I don´t understand the "Processing Times"

Thank you again... :D
MSASO
Msaso,
What country are you from?. maybe they do background checks and depending on what country you come from?. hmm ui dunno just a suggestion..

PhiRo9909

Oct 5, 2010
hi everyone.

I've been following the stories and discussions for a while.

so here is mine:

I got married in January 2010
I applied for permanent resident status on February 15th.

It took 3 months for me to be able to see a status update on the Immigration website.
Recently, when I got the "online status" I was informed that I should restore my visitor status right away, which I did.
They also required a medical exam for my visitor status.
Well, once I got everything done (medical exam, visitor status, etc) I was told that I have to send in my work permit form, which I had already sent in 2 months ago.
last month they asked me for update about my old address.

Here is my immigration status after I completed everything they asked me to complete:

Permanent Residence:
We received your application for permanent residence on March 1, 2010.

We started processing your application on May 18, 2010.

We received the requested information on September 2, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

Is there anyone out there in a similar situation?

They wont tell me what's going on right now, my medical exam wont show up on the website, I have never gotten any letter saying that my spouse was approved as a sponsor. I mean, I'm really confused here and totally overwhelmed.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Relax there, they are still working on applications from January 4th.
You are pretty good, they even asked you for more information!!! :)

larand

Jun 3, 2010
PhiRo9909 said:
hi everyone.

I've been following the stories and discussions for a while.

so here is mine:

I got married in January 2010
I applied for permanent resident status on February 15th.

It took 3 months for me to be able to see a status update on the Immigration website.
Recently, when I got the "online status" I was informed that I should restore my visitor status right away, which I did.
They also required a medical exam for my visitor status.
Well, once I got everything done (medical exam, visitor status, etc) I was told that I have to send in my work permit form, which I had already sent in 2 months ago.
last month they asked me for update about my old address.

Here is my immigration status after I completed everything they asked me to complete:

Permanent Residence:
We received your application for permanent residence on March 1, 2010.

We started processing your application on May 18, 2010.

We received the requested information on September 2, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

Is there anyone out there in a similar situation?

They wont tell me what's going on right now, my medical exam wont show up on the website, I have never gotten any letter saying that my spouse was approved as a sponsor. I mean, I'm really confused here and totally overwhelmed.

No worries, everything is as usual. So far everything looks right.

larand

Jun 3, 2010
So far everything is looking right. They will not tell you anything. It is not fast process :) Patience - I wish you lots of it. I liked the way one person here have said "At least we are lucky, we are together with loved ones". Go from it.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Ok so time is coming to almost mines but i AM terrified. I am not excited any more :( . After reading this story http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/refused-inland-t54655.0.html i have lost hope!> i didnt give as much evidence as they did. what is this world coming to?.Why does this process have to be so unfair?. I dont have any fight in me to fight this at all. We had a civil ceremony. we didnt even have a reception!> not even my mil attended the wedding. only friends!. but this person had 500 photos of their relationship!. WTH!???. we have been together for almost ten years married for almost 8 three kids between us.. why oh why is this process so unfair??. FML....

R

robrod

The reason is simple: way too much power on an Immigration officer's hands. They are untouchable too. And Inland applications are the ones who are gonna get hit the worse as there is no right of appeal under this class. I really wonder what they mean by their "Family reunification is the top priority at CIC" motto... really makes you second guess that for sure. Be strong everybody!.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Black-Berry said:
Ok so time is coming to almost mines but i AM terrified. I am not excited any more :( . After reading this story http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/refused-inland-t54655.0.html i have lost hope!> i didnt give as much evidence as they did. what is this world coming to?.Why does this process have to be so unfair?. I dont have any fight in me to fight this at all. We had a civil ceremony. we didnt even have a reception!> not even my mil attended the wedding. only friends!. but this person had 500 photos of their relationship!. WTH!???. we have been together for almost ten years married for almost 8 three kids between us.. why oh why is this process so unfair??. FML....
Relax. Its not the quantity of the stuff. Its the quality. I'll be honest with you. In addition to all the forms, we sent in about 10 clear pictures of our wedding, 5 pictures of our honeymoon, about 15-20 pictures during the course of our dating, and an audio CD of our wedding vows. We got AIP just last month.

You don't know this other relationship that was refused. Who knows what the story was? But you can't let it get to you. I can't assure you if yours will be accepted or refused, but you just need to stop thinking about the amount of stuff you did or did not send in.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
BlueDragon17846 said:
Relax. Its not the quantity of the stuff. Its the quality. I'll be honest with you. In addition to all the forms, we sent in about 10 clear pictures of our wedding, 5 pictures of our honeymoon, about 15-20 pictures during the course of our dating, and an audio CD of our wedding vows. We got AIP just last month.

You don't know this other relationship that was refused. Who knows what the story was? But you can't let it get to you. I can't assure you if yours will be accepted or refused, but you just need to stop thinking about the amount of stuff you did or did not send in.
Same here.. i sent exactly the same amount of pictures you have sent.. with the exception of engagement, and reception as well.. our boarding passes from Canada to back home... copy of our tickets etc etc.. phone calls log..

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I have already wrote my question in the other inland thread but I hope you don't mind if I ask it here as well.

I am needing to mail in my FBI clearance to be attached to our application.
Now I know what I need to do for a cover letter but I have a question about the envelope.

Do I need to write my client ID etc. on the outside of the envelope?
Do I need to write on the outside that a document needs to be attached?
And also, what address do I use? Do I write it the same way as I did for when I sent the actual application?

Sorry for so many questions but I would be delighted if you could help answer them. I am hoping to send off the document in the morning so some prompt answers would also be helpful. Thank you! :-*

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I have a question for you guys.
How/where can I order the FOSS notes?

warah

Mar 22, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2008
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread for a long time. It is such a great thing to have. My application has been over 2 years (sent in Aug 2008). As far as I know, decision is made. I got my AIP back in June, and I submitted my new medical and police check as they requested in the AIP letter. Medical received and police check put in file on Spet 14. However, they requested the "Client information update form" to be filled a week after that.

So far, I know that they received the requested form, but not yet in file. Just wondering if they will do the back ground check from the day they open my police check or the day they open the requested info (client information update form), so I have a better idea how much longer I have to wait.

Keep this thread alive and wish everyone best of luck!