02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Love_Young said:
Hi Janadian, is that for your wedding anniversary?
My hubby and I's two year of being together is on October 26. I can't wait.
We celebrate both our wedding anniversary and dating anniversary. I feel more of a connection with our dating one because it marks when we first started to officially be together as a couple.

Anyway just thought was cool how you have an anniversary coming up too. Plus my hubby's 21st bday is on October 7. Need to pick his gift up from the mail soon. Lol.

By the way, I don't think that is a far fetched dream. If you believe it will happen then it will. ;)
I believe it will.

Thanks Love_Young.
Yes it is our wedding anniversary. We have been together almost 3 years but soon to celebrate our first year of marriage. :-* Its soo nice to see we have so much in common.

I love that everyone posted their dates too! October will be a memorable month for us all i'm sure.

Hang in there everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing who will post with "big news" next :D

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Janadian said:
Thanks Love_Young.
Yes it is our wedding anniversary. We have been together almost 3 years but soon to celebrate our first year of marriage. :-* Its soo nice to see we have so much in common.

I love that everyone posted their dates too! October will be a memorable month for us all i'm sure.

Hang in there everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing who will post with "big news" next :D
You guys have a lot i common :). I alsso wonder who will post their big news :). Did Rosluv hear anything yet??/.. Ok ill go back and see if she posted anything..

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
its not a question about application, but for inlanders. id like to know from those who got AIP and open work permit, did u get a job and what job is it if not a secret, and was it hard to get it?

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Asta said:
its not a question about application, but for inlanders. id like to know from those who got AIP and open work permit, did u get a job and what job is it if not a secret, and was it hard to get it?
Good question Asta!..
its one thing getting an OWP. but how eay is it to get a job?. Any job?
Whatid like to also know is how has your life changed since getting OWP or AIP??.

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a job at a call center just this past thursday..it was my very first interview so I guess I got lucky! Also, it seems like there's a lot of October anniversaries for us..my 1st wedding anniversary is the 14th :)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
joce288 said:
I got a job at a call center just this past thursday..it was my very first interview so I guess I got lucky! Also, it seems like there's a lot of October anniversaries for us..my 1st wedding anniversary is the 14th :)
great! congrats with the job :)

Nine3001

Mar 25, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I met the love of my life October 3rd... just 50 mins from now:)

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
8) Happy Monday everyone...Any updates?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Janadian said:
8) Happy Monday everyone...Any updates?
Nope nothing.. they don't update e-cas till Tuesday Wednesday

Msaso

Apr 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello INLANDERS:
Any of you know if the risk of leaving Canada in the inland application is until you have AIP and OWP or until you get the PR?

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Msaso said:
Hello INLANDERS:
Any of you know if the risk of leaving Canada in the inland application is until you have AIP and OWP or until you get the PR?
Until you get PR. If refused entry for any reason, you lose your PR application.

That said, the risk of being refused re-entry is lower once you have AIP. See OP11 section 23:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op11-eng.pdf

"When processing applications for temporary resident visas for foreign nationals with an
application for permanent residence in Canada in progress, officers should take into consideration
whether approval in principle (first-stage approval) has been granted. It is consistent with IRPA,
and in the best interests of both CIC and the applicant, to facilitate the re-entry of these applicants

as temporary residents in order to continue processing their application for permanent residence
from within Canada."

...that said, I still wouldn't recommend leaving unless it's sufficiently important that you'd be willing to risk applying all over again from the start through the outland route.

Msaso

Apr 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matthewc said:
Until you get PR. If refused entry for any reason, you lose your PR application.

That said, the risk of being refused re-entry is lower once you have AIP. See OP11 section 23:

"When processing applications for temporary resident visas for foreign nationals with an
application for permanent residence in Canada in progress, officers should take into consideration
whether approval in principle (first-stage approval) has been granted. It is consistent with IRPA,
and in the best interests of both CIC and the applicant, to facilitate the re-entry of these applicants

as temporary residents in order to continue processing their application for permanent residence
from within Canada."

...that said, I still wouldn't recommend leaving unless it's sufficiently important that you'd be willing to risk applying all over again from the start through the outland route.
Thank you Matthewc!
I have another question, maybe you could help me...
I can see in the forum that some people received the PR just 1 1/2 month after the AIP.
I received in July 15th three letters from the CIC with date July 8th. One for my husband saying that he was accepted as sponsor, my OWP and another letter for me saying that I meet the requirements to apply for a PR but the final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met.
The thing is I don´t see any instruction to follow, I don´t know if my case was sending to other office or remain in Vegreville (the letter don´t say anything about this).
Do I need to wait until...?

Also I don´t understand the "Processing Times"

Thank you again... :D
MSASO

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should have heard something by now.