27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
MexicaTica said:
Black-berry, I understand your frustration. I also thought AIP for December applicants would have arrived by now. What also concerns me is that after the AIP/OWP arrives there is no processing time to review and be frustrated or encouraged by, there is simply no way of knowing how long the wait is. To me that is pretty scary.

Hang in there.
Thanks Mexicatiica for understanding my frustration ..!. I would be happy with just AIP so i can at least be encouraged that all my paperwork is fine. WHy oh why are they taking soo superlong??? I know they have a backup or whatever but we all have families and lives need to continue.. I mean they are not even on November 29th!. Is it gonna take another two months to finish November??..

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mel H said:
I just called in and the guy asked me a few more security questions than usual and then told me that I can expect my AIP and work permit in the mail!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Joce for pushing me to call again!
Not a problem, I knew you must have been able to know the facts if I was told mine..otherwise that would be unfair. Let me know when you receive it in the mail - I cant apply for the OWP until I have a copy of the letter so Im patiently waiting - but at least I know Im just waiting on mail times now! My letter was sent out August 4th though so Ill keep you updated as well to let you know the time frame, since yours was sent the 6th. I wonder now how long it will take to finish processing our cases so we can become actual residents?

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
jordana said:
Hi!

I received my AIP last month and today a letter has arrived from CIC:

"We are happy to inform you that we have finished processing your application, Quebec's Immigration Center will contact you about your Permanent resident status"
THey tell me that I will have to bring my original pieces of identity to the appointment.

WHat on earth this means? HELP PLEASE! I don't know if I should be happy or freaked.
obviously they are granting u the permanent resident status. what else can it be :) just call them and ask. nothing to be afraid anymore. congrats :)

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, both my husband and I received our letters from CIC today. My husband's just confirms he was approved as a sponsor and reminds him of his obligations. Mine has just requested my Medicals (although Ecas says they were received), FBI Clearance, and the birth certificate of the son I had with my husband in March. It says once all 3 are received then Residence will be granted. My only question now is..do I have to wait another 7-8 months for them to process the rest or am I still "at the top of the pile"? How does it work?

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joce288 said:
So, both my husband and I received our letters from CIC today. My husband's just confirms he was approved as a sponsor and reminds him of his obligations. Mine has just requested my Medicals (although Ecas says they were received), FBI Clearance, and the birth certificate of the son I had with my husband in March. It says once all 3 are received then Residence will be granted. My only question now is..do I have to wait another 7-8 months for them to process the rest or am I still "at the top of the pile"? How does it work?
Joce,

Congratulations! It is encouraging to the rest of us to see others progressing. I don't have a concrete answer to your question but a friend of mine landed 6 months after receiving a similar letter. This was of course before the giant slow down of this summer.

I would assume since they are asking for your FBI clearance that the security check still needs to be completed. Does anyone know when the background checks commence? As far as I know this is the greatest variable in processing times is for people as they can vary from being quick to quite extensive depending on country of origin, places you have lived and whether you have a military background etc.

Congrats again! :D

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
MexicaTica said:
Joce,

Congratulations! It is encouraging to the rest of us to see others progressing. I don't have a concrete answer to your question but a friend of mine landed 6 months after receiving a similar letter. This was of course before the giant slow down of this summer.

I would assume since they are asking for your FBI clearance that the security check still needs to be completed. Does anyone know when the background checks commence? As far as I know this is the greatest variable in processing times is for people as they can vary from being quick to quite extensive depending on country of origin, places you have lived and whether you have a military background etc.

Congrats again! :D
Mexicatica I had a question about FBI clearance. Is thast just for residents of the united states that require FBI clearance?? After you provide them with clearance letts from the countries you hve lived at do they still do further checks in th countries you have lived in??. Hmmm how does that work??

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
Mexicatica I had a question about FBI clearance. Is thast just for residents of the united states that require FBI clearance?? After you provide them with clearance letts from the countries you hve lived at do they still do further checks in th countries you have lived in??. Hmmm how does that work??
As far as I understand anyone who has lived in the USA for more than 6 months since the age of 18 has to provide an FBI clearance and possibly a state certificate.

The background checks are done by CSIS and can vary in how in-depth they are. The CIC website says "CIC will also do background checks in all the countries or territories in which you and your family members have lived. These checks will determine if you have had any arrests or convictions, or if you are a security risk to Canada."

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MexicaTica said:
As far as I understand anyone who has lived in the USA for more than 6 months since the age of 18 has to provide an FBI clearance and possibly a state certificate.
I forgot to mention that this applies only if you have lived there within the last 10 years.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
MexicaTica said:
I forgot to mention that this applies only if you have lived there within the last 10 years.
Thanks mexicatica :).. i will keep on waioting this "tedious" process!. Ive just been reading/educating myself on the process and ive come to the conclusion that summer is the busiest time of year for Vegreville. mainly because students go back to school in september. so they need to process thse also. Also its tourist season here so tourists are extending visas to enjoy the warmer weather here .
So i am somewhat consoled by the factthat is the hold up..i hope this Holdup season passes.
Also anyone who is thinking of applying via inland should take into consideration the summer months i think the best time to apply is after summer ie sept.oct.nov.dec???. Hmmmmm just a random thought. I feel soo well educated on this process! maybe they should give me a job there!. i would sooo approve everyone!!. :p

Mel H

May 5, 2010
joce288 said:
Hey Joce,

I'm pretty sure you don't go to the bottom of the pile. We received our letters today. My partners letter was the same as your husband, and mine said that my processing has been completed and that the Etobicoke office will be contacting me concerning my permanent residence and for the appointment at which I will be paying my landing fee and bringing along my original ID doc. They also mention that my work visa has been approved, but has been sent separately.

They haven't requested anything extra. (Since police checks are currently being discussed...)I have lived in 2 other countries (UK and South Africa) and provided police checks for both at the start of my application. They must've done the canadian police check by themselves. The FBI check must be a US thing.

I'll let you guys know how long Etobicoke takes to make the appointment.

M

(application was received 23 Nov 08)

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not feeling very encouraged by CIC, today I received a sponsorship approval letter that was meant for someone else. I should not be receiving other people's confidential correspondence! Has this happened to anyone else? How common is this with CIC?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been trying to access my file on line, but I have never been able to, so I called CIC call-center, and I gave my first and last name and the attendant started asking me questions about my passport, application... (I think that by my name he was able to see my application/file and the questions were to confirm my identity). After a while waiting he said that the officers have opened my application, and they are working on it, and that I should hear something from them by the end of december or january (he emphasize that I will NOT hear anything before that. :/ I am ready for a loonger wait) I was also able to get my ID number, since I had no idea what it was.
But even with my ID number I am still not able to access my file on CIC website.
Peace!

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
MexicaTica said:
I am not feeling very encouraged by CIC, today I received a sponsorship approval letter that was meant for someone else. I should not be receiving other people's confidential correspondence! Has this happened to anyone else? How common is this with CIC?
Well, gee, that ain't good at all! I've never heard of that before. Did you call?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
boasorte said:
I have been trying to access my file on line, but I have never been able to, so I called CIC call-center, and I gave my first and last name and the attendant started asking me questions about my passport, application... (I think that by my name he was able to see my application/file and the questions were to confirm my identity). After a while waiting he said that the officers have opened my application, and they are working on it, and that I should hear something from them by the end of december or january (he emphasize that I will NOT hear anything before that. :/ I am ready for a loonger wait) I was also able to get my ID number, since I had no idea what it was.
But even with my ID number I am still not able to access my file on CIC website.
Peace!
That is good to hear. Do you know what date they opened up your package?

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BlueDragon17846 said:
Well, gee, that ain't good at all! I've never heard of that before. Did you call?
Yup, I called and they said that this rarely happens and to send the letter back. I will be off to the post office today...