Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
I think with situations like these, we all just have to look on the bright side. I mean, for one thing, I don't know if anyone is having the same problem, but I'm having trouble logging into e-CAS. Maybe this means they are updating the site? Maybe this means that they will be further along than the website says? Maybe these past couple weeks, everyone has been on vacation, and now they just got back, and are refreshed and ready to approve applications?

We gotta think positive and get through this!

cathyg

Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 May 2010
Med's Done....
5 May 2010
LANDED..........
1 July 2009
How do I get my e-cas number?

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Cathy just use the client #ID that was on your work permit and your personal info. name, birthdate, country.

cathyg

Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 May 2010
Med's Done....
5 May 2010
LANDED..........
1 July 2009

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
BlueDragon17846 said:
I think with situations like these, we all just have to look on the bright side. I mean, for one thing, I don't know if anyone is having the same problem, but I'm having trouble logging into e-CAS. Maybe this means they are updating the site? Maybe this means that they will be further along than the website says? Maybe these past couple weeks, everyone has been on vacation, and now they just got back, and are refreshed and ready to approve applications?

We gotta think positive and get through this!
im very hoping that they are on vacation, since its government job and its summer its 99% they on vacation..

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Please don't get discouraged everyone. You know how manipulative the timelines are.
Think on it, they are probably just on vacation and who could blame them. Vegreville is the only office that does permanent resident applications, work permits, study permits, visitor extensions, etc. They are a very busy office and this is the busiest time of year. And who knows, once they are back from their vacation they may just fly through some of the applications and give a ton of you AIP. ;)

Just hang in there, the timelines always go up around this time of the year and most of us knew it would happen. Just remember that we are all lucky we are with our spouses/partners unlike some people. Some people have to wait years and don't even get to live or visit with each other. That to me would be harder. All of this waiting is going to make us stronger, I promise you. Those timelines will decrease. Try not to pay attention to that site, sign up for the E-Cas tracker and relax. Let it do the job for you and let you know if they need anything, other than that just relax and enjoy the rest of the summer with your spouses/partners. I am sure good news will follow this soon.

KEEP THOSE CHINS/HEARTS UP HIGH!

msabarish

Jan 20, 2009
Here's some good news for Inlanders....anytime spent in Canada before you receive your PR counts as a half day towards the citizenship requirement. So, all these days of waiting isnt actually useless. You get to spend time with your spouses as well as accumulate time towards your citizenship requirement !!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
That is a very good point msabarish. I forgot about that. So you see guys, this is all more than worth it. :)

lisow

May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 12, 2011
Hi,

Quick question for anyone willing to help out...

Me and my fiance (from Argentina) are considering applying for Inland Permanent Resident status for her, but are trying to decide if this is the right option. In your opinion, is this a worthwhile choice considering that it may be around a year for PR approval if we do an Outland application?

We're planning on bundling an application for her Visitor Visa extension along with an Open Work Permit application, so that (hopefully) she will be able to work after 8 months or whatever it may be.

We know that she wouldn't be able to leave the country until she gets PR approval, but what are some of the other downsides to taking this route?

Thanks for any help!

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
lisow said:
Hi,

Quick question for anyone willing to help out...

Me and my fiance (from Argentina) are considering applying for Inland Permanent Resident status for her, but are trying to decide if this is the right option. In your opinion, is this a worthwhile choice considering that it may be around a year for PR approval if we do an Outland application?

We're planning on bundling an application for her Visitor Visa extension along with an Open Work Permit application, so that (hopefully) she will be able to work after 8 months or whatever it may be.

We know that she wouldn't be able to leave the country until she gets PR approval, but what are some of the other downsides to taking this route?

Thanks for any help!
You're right that its workthwhile, as long as outland will take about the same time. At least inland route, you get to be with your spouse. The only other downside I can think of right now is that if they happen to deny your application, you have no right to appeal it.

leslieteh09

May 14, 2010
hi fellow inlanders! im planning to sponsor my spouse thru inland....

my spouse needs (and has) a tourist visa to come to canada. at the point of entry, can he tell the immigration officer that he is coming to canada for an inland application (thats what the cic call center agent told me but i doubt it if thats really safe)? i was wondering if he will be allowed to enter canada or not if he says that...or if he says he is just visiting me, will that affect our inland application later on? if you had a similar experience, i would really appreciate your help. so confused and i havent even started submitting my forms yet. thanks

Nine3001

Mar 25, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our ECAS has not been updated since May... it just keeps saying our application is in process as of May 18... but we were surprised today when we received a letter from immigration requesting us to update his work and address information. They provided us with a IMM 5608 E form to fill out with the form already partially filled by the immigration officer (name, client ID) and the applicable information requested highlighted. The letter stated in detail the exact dates they needed the information for (pretty much March to now for everything, which the reason why we didn't give them this information is because we sent it to them in February! lol) At least we know now they're actually looking throughout our application.

This is starting to get really stressful for both my husband and I. If we could have foreseen this, we would have just applied outland. I just hope this process ends soon (or, I hope they give him a god-damn work permit, living in downtown Vancouver with an income of $2000 a month between two people is really difficult, and we've been doing that for 8 months now.)

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So now they are sending letters to people who sent their application in February 2010... I wonder why they ask for information about work if the person being sponsored can not even work??