+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

Mel H

May 5, 2010
Janadian said:
Just curious, what CIC office is your application in? We have ours in Vegreville...It was received by CIC Jan 18...we still show nothing on E-CASE as well...and CIC call center says we should be hearing a decision around the middle of August early September..
Vegreville too. To be honest, I hope the department gets it together, cos when I started the process I was meant to get my AIP in 6 months, then they just started upping the processing times. Which leaves me at 8.5 months now. If you have another way of getting a work visa sooner, even if it will take 3 months - I would suggest doing that - I wish I had done that back in March when I was considering it!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Ok when do the medicals expire??. . . Why is it that they dont look at your papers then as soon as they look at them they request new medicals re-done?I mean. Isnt it their fault that the medicals xpire?. My medicals were expensive and if i have to re-do them id be mad and upset. Id still do them but id screamm!.. because id be struggling to get the money to pay for them. WE are struggling as it is just to live with one income, three kids, mortgage and car payments etc. Because i cant work.

I would advise if you opt to do inland, before you actually do it, you should save enough money for at least 2 years to survive on as you wait!. That way you wont be struggling... I wish i knew... :(

Mel H

May 5, 2010
Black-Berry said:
Ok when do the medicals expire??. . .
It is a very unfair process. I'm with you. Thank goodness we have this forum to vent to! I was checking it last week, medicals are valid for 1 year.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
cdarroch said:
CPC-V received it on Feb 5/10, and started processing April 20.
hey, we are so in a same boat by timeline.
i suppose i should be expecting their request for some info as well?

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Mel H said:
Vegreville too. To be honest, I hope the department gets it together, cos when I started the process I was meant to get my AIP in 6 months, then they just started upping the processing times. Which leaves me at 8.5 months now. If you have another way of getting a work visa sooner, even if it will take 3 months - I would suggest doing that - I wish I had done that back in March when I was considering it!

I think its cuz its summer. They're unionized government employees, which probably means they are all on vacation.

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I've finally got some great news. I talked to CIC yesterday since they still haven't received my medicals, but they ended up telling me they sent me a letter August 4th with AIP & a request for my newborn's birth certificate and an FBI clearance. I didn't know I could apply for an OWP with the app. for residency so I can now thankfully do so! I can't even describe how happy I am..the wait has been long and hard - especially with a 4 month old and one income. Hopefully the OWP comes quickly :)

Just to give everyone an idea..
My application was received on: Nov. 27 09
Started Processing: Feb. 10 10
AIP Granted & Request for Information sent: Aug. 4 10

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
joce288 said:
Well I've finally got some great news. I talked to CIC yesterday since they still haven't received my medicals, but they ended up telling me they sent me a letter August 4th with AIP & a request for my newborn's birth certificate and an FBI clearance. I didn't know I could apply for an OWP with the app. for residency so I can now thankfully do so! I can't even describe how happy I am..the wait has been long and hard - especially with a 4 month old and one income. Hopefully the OWP comes quickly :)

Just to give everyone an idea..
My application was received on: Nov. 27 09
Started Processing: Feb. 10 10
AIP Granted & Request for Information sent: Aug. 4 10
Wow, congrats!! I'm hoping they move along into December soon!

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BlueDragon17846 said:
Wow, congrats!! I'm hoping they move along into December soon!
Looks like we have similar timelines. I hope they get going on December soon too. I guess this is all an exercise in patience considering that in the past two weeks the processing timeline moved from Nov. 26 to Nov. 28.

Good luck to everyone and congrats joce288!

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
Asta said:
hey, we are so in a same boat by timeline.
i suppose i should be expecting their request for some info as well?
Well, perhaps, perhaps not - I thought we'd put together a bulletproof application; I have no idea what info they might be requesting... hopefully you don't hear anything other than AIP! :)

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
Well, that's a weird letter:

we need to provide work history from feb 2010 to present. She has been unable to work - they denied the OWP (which was sent in the same envelope as the other apps) out-of-hand within a month of receiving our package. So no work history. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??

we also need to list addresses from Feb 2010 to present. One of the joint leases we included doesn't expire til late this year - we haven't moved, and the address on the application is the same one we're in now.

and that's it.

strange, no?

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see that people who sent their application after the beginning of January 2010 are receiving letters for more documents to sent...

We haven't heard anything yet... and I wonder if that is good news or not??

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
srcc said:
I see that people who sent their application after the beginning of January 2010 are receiving letters for more documents to sent...

We haven't heard anything yet... and I wonder if that is good news or not??
SRCC,.. I woulddnt worry if i were you. Ive learnt with cic that no news is good news..
Also, i wouldnt go by the processing times they post on their website. They even say it is just an estimate!. They could be processing january for all i know now!!....

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lilian said:
cdarroch

I got the same letter after my first stage approval...
Lilian, did you apply after January? What did you send in/reply when you receieved that request?

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
cdarroch said:
Well, that's a weird letter:

we need to provide work history from feb 2010 to present. She has been unable to work - they denied the OWP (which was sent in the same envelope as the other apps) out-of-hand within a month of receiving our package. So no work history. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??

we also need to list addresses from Feb 2010 to present. One of the joint leases we included doesn't expire til late this year - we haven't moved, and the address on the application is the same one we're in now.

and that's it.

strange, no?
looks like many ppl getting this type of letter, and like somebody mentioned - people who applied in 2010. i think its their new order, or rule, they are checking if something changed in our lives after we applied. i guess ill be waiting for this letter too.