+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spouse Sponsorship (Quebec)

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Hi guys,
I have received the letter from CIC which I have to apply for CSQ now, I have downloaded KIT A from the website but in some of the forms in KIT A, there is a note which says :
Please note that this form must be filled out in French. This English translation is included only to help you do so accurately.

And the only form which already has the French version is
SPONSOR’S OR CO-SIGNATORY SPOUSE’S DECLARATION OF AUTHORIZATION,

Should I search for the French version of the forms for Undertaking Form (A-0546-GA) and Documents to submit in support of an undertaking application (A-1520-BA)?

spacemonkey1o1

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Montreal, QC
The (up to) 3 months waiting will be applied anyway for RAMQ from the time you become eligible. SIN does not come with the work permit, but with the work permit in hands, you go to a service Canada office and get a SIN in few minutes. Regarding the coverage from RAMQ, you need either to be approved in principle (which comes late in the process of sponsorship) or be a full-time worker (simply having the work permit will not make you eligible).

Regarding the webform to upload documents, we used to use that link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
I don't know if, now that application are linked to an online account, you can upload directly from your account or not. I was not possible when we were in the process.
Oh wow okay great! Thanks so much for all the info!

Theres is a link to submit documents via webform (I'm at class, so I can show you later today) and you need to go to a government office to get your sin, showing your original owp.

Okay cool, Thanks so much!

Reactions: sylvain1

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Hi guys,
I have received the letter from CIC which I have to apply for CSQ now, I have downloaded KIT A from the website but in some of the forms in KIT A, there is a note which says :
Please note that this form must be filled out in French. This English translation is included only to help you do so accurately.

And the only form which already has the French version is
SPONSOR’S OR CO-SIGNATORY SPOUSE’S DECLARATION OF AUTHORIZATION,

Should I search for the French version of the forms for Undertaking Form (A-0546-GA) and Documents to submit in support of an undertaking application (A-1520-BA)?
Yes, definitely. When you are on the page with the documents for Kit A, change the language to French (click button on top right corner) and the French versions of the documents should appear.

I struggled with this as I don't speak French (and my partner wasn't much help!), but if you have the French and English forms side by side it's easy. Just more work!

Reactions: spacemonkey1o1

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Yes, definitely. When you are on the page with the documents for Kit A, change the language to French (click button on top right corner) and the French versions of the documents should appear.

I struggled with this as I don't speak French (and my partner wasn't much help!), but if you have the French and English forms side by side it's easy. Just more work!
Thank you so much for your help.

Since my spouse is my sponsor, In the "Undertaking Form" (A-0546) Question # 4, (Information on family members of sponsored person) should I write down her name as my spouse? If yes, when it asks "is this person accompanying you" should I choose yes since she (my sponsor) is already in Canada?

galore

Nov 29, 2017
I'd like to know the answer to shahriar's question too!

On the topic of filling out forms, when does one need to fill out "Sponsor’s or Co-signatory Spouse’s Declaration of Authorization"? It says to refer to sponsor's guide point 6, but it doesn't detail it there. It doesn't sound like it's a form we need but I'd rather be sure.

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Thank you so much for your help.

Since my spouse is my sponsor, In the "Undertaking Form" (A-0546) Question # 4, (Information on family members of sponsored person) should I write down her name as my spouse? If yes, when it asks "is this person accompanying you" should I choose yes since she (my sponsor) is already in Canada?
Yes absolutely! I seems weird so say they are accompanying you as they are sponsoring you, but yes you must do this!

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
I'd like to know the answer to shahriar's question too!

On the topic of filling out forms, when does one need to fill out "Sponsor’s or Co-signatory Spouse’s Declaration of Authorization"? It says to refer to sponsor's guide point 6, but it doesn't detail it there. It doesn't sound like it's a form we need but I'd rather be sure.
I believe that form is only if your spouse has been married before. You are basically authorizing them to investigate whether they in in default of any child support payments etc. I remember reading about it on the Quebec immigration website.

Reactions: galore

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Yes, I was right. I just found this in the Sponsor's Guide:

"SPONSOR’S OR COSIGNATORY SPOUSE’S DECLARATION OF AUTHORIZATION (A-0527-A)
If you or your cosignatory spouse has formerly separated or divorced, or if one of you has children from a previous union, you must fill out this form to authorize Revenu Québec to share information with the MIDI concerning the payment of alimony"

Reactions: galore

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Yes absolutely! I seems weird so say they are accompanying you as they are sponsoring you, but yes you must do this!
Just to double check. the thing is, we are applying under INLAND spousal sponsorship. she is already here in Canada. still you think I have to say yes "She's accompanying me?

gellyvezina

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec
App. Filed.......
December 14,2017
need help!!

Im applying PR inland here in quebec and about to send the CSQ
my question is do i really need to fill the FINANCIAL CAPACITY EVALUATION?

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
need help!!

Im applying PR inland here in quebec and about to send the CSQ
my question is do i really need to fill the FINANCIAL CAPACITY EVALUATION?
Not for spouse or common-law sponsorship (you use Kit A). You only need to do the financial evaluation if your situation falls into Kit B.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/apply/undertaking-application/index.html

I was surprised about this (as we didn't have to do financial evaluation for the Canadian application so I thought we'd have to do it for the Quebec application. I called to double check and we don't need it. I submitted my application early Jan and got the CSQ before the end of the month.

Hummingbird876

Feb 8, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone. Please forgive me for asking this question that you’ve probably answered before. How soon after AOR do you get the CSQ request?