+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
I sent out a letter of explanation, I sent out etransfer receipts from that time and they were pretty frequent as we didn’t have a joint account until almost 10-11 months after we moved in. I can definitely send more letters from friends and family. And I am unable to get in touch with my previous landlord and when I asked him to write me a letter he refused to be involved at all. Well, the only thing is that my boyfriend owns a house with his family and so he didn’t change his address on any documents and mails until we got our new place together. So basically I don’t have much proof other than etransfer receipts showing that we shared financial responsibilities.
How about car insurance? Phone bill? Health insurance?

TBH you really don’t have much proof to show. You should have gathered more proof before applying or get married.

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
How about car insurance? Phone bill? Health insurance?

TBH you really don’t have much proof to show. You should have gathered more proof before applying or get married.
We got a car in January 2019 and we already sent it but it’s not dated to one year prior to the application. We still have separate phone bills because we are with diff carriers and diff contracts. And he has Ohip and i had insurance from school.
We are thinking of getting our previous coworkers to write us a letter. We worked at the same place and they knew about our relationship.

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
We got a car in January 2019 and we already sent it but it’s not dated to one year prior to the application. We still have separate phone bills because we are with diff carriers and diff contracts. And he has Ohip and i had insurance from school.
We are thinking of getting our previous coworkers to write us a letter. We worked at the same place and they knew about our relationship.
I think the matter of concern is as you said your partner’s documents have the address different than yours.

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
And nothing that proves 12 months

Hi, I wanted to ask, when CIC request for additional proofs of cohabitation/ or to prove your relationship... do they specify what kind of documents they are expecting??

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
I think the matter of concern is as you said your partner’s documents have the address different than yours.
Yeah i have a few friends and family members who are going to write letters for us. In addition to that, we are going to get letters from former coworkers. And try to mention that the previous landlord is not ready to disclose any information for privacy concerns.
We do have plenty of pictures from that time and we have interac e-transfers as well.

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Is it a good idea to withdraw the application and reapply? Also, do they refund the application fees back?

mrowkamb16

Feb 12, 2019
Hi I have a question to the applicant from Quebec
So the thing is I got invitation letter march 22 from CIC to apply for CSQ and I applied immediately, finały may 21 I got my CSQ on paper. On the letter immigration of quebec informed me that they sent copy of application to CIC after that I got confirmation from federal that they got everything.

Today my spouse (he sponsored me) got the same request dated July 16 that I can apply for CSQ. We'll call tomorrow federal and quebec but maybe you heard similar situations before or do you have the exact phone number to contact CIC regarding sposuse sponsor application?

I'll appreciate any help!

Mcosta

Feb 15, 2019
What letters did your landlord and friends write, if you don’t mind me asking?
My landlord wrote this letter :

Name of landlord
Adress
Email
Phone
Date
STATUTORY DECLARATION

To whom it may concern:
I am the owner and landlord .... adress ., Suite ... and can attest that I leased my condominium unit to (name of my sponsor) and Maria for a 1 year term beginning April 1, 2018, and I continue to rent this unit to them on a month-to-month basis.
The lease agreement was signed only by .... as I had more confidence in his financial status at the time and preferred that the contract be signed only by him, but I can confirm from several visits to the unit that Maria and ... have been cohabiting at this address from the beginning of the lease.
Sincerely yours,
Name of landlord .

The most important thing in the letters is to have the date you lived together and that you live in the common law relationship! because I did not have enough documents to prove that I was living with my boyfriend for over a year, because when I moved I forgot to change the address of my phone bill and my bank account. That is why the letters of my friends and the landlord helped me, because I asked them to write in the letter the date I started to live with my boyfriend and that I was in Common law relationship!

Reactions: RiyaAc

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
My landlord wrote this letter :

Name of landlord
Adress
Email
Phone
Date
STATUTORY DECLARATION

To whom it may concern:
I am the owner and landlord .... adress ., Suite ... and can attest that I leased my condominium unit to (name of my sponsor) and Maria for a 1 year term beginning April 1, 2018, and I continue to rent this unit to them on a month-to-month basis.
The lease agreement was signed only by .... as I had more confidence in his financial status at the time and preferred that the contract be signed only by him, but I can confirm from several visits to the unit that Maria and ... have been cohabiting at this address from the beginning of the lease.
Sincerely yours,
Name of landlord .

The most important thing in the letters is to have the date you lived together and that you live in the common law relationship! because I did not have enough documents to prove that I was living with my boyfriend for over a year, because when I moved I forgot to change the address of my phone bill and my bank account. That is why the letters of my friends and the landlord helped me, because I asked them to write in the letter the date I started to live with my boyfriend and that I was in Common law relationship!
Very informative. I am march 14 applicant, my Background check started today. I was just wondering how much time does Background check takes!!!

Mcosta

Feb 15, 2019
Very informative. I am march 14 applicant, my Background check started today. I was just wondering how much time does Background check takes!!!
I am Feb 1, my background check started May 18 and I got Eligibility passed and decision made for both side last Friday

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I am Feb 1, my background check started May 18 and I got Eligibility passed and decision made for both side last Friday
So you got request for additional documents after your Background check started?? Or before?? If you can share date you got request for additional information...