+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Dewey323

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Thank you!! Hopefully you hear something this week, our timelines are close. I know, its been difficult waiting for the process to move forward without the OWP
Just checked and my OWP is now under review. I will not need it because I will get PR next Tuesday. I cannot withdraw because I need to keep implied status.

Reactions: Kylger

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I received the following in an email on Monday June 17th from CIC-Edmonton.

Your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at the above address on: July 2, 2019 at 9:00am.Please be prepared to wait up to 2.5 hours as interviews are conducted in order of arrival.

ECAS also states a letter has be mailed. I have not received that letter yet.
Thank you

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
I drove to the border today hoping to get my PR approved but they said I needed to have a COPR in order for them to process my application. When and how do you usually get it? I already got the inland landing letter in my email but the status on gckey still hasn’t been updated and I also haven’t gotten an interview appointment yet.

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I drove to the border today hoping to get my PR approved but they said I needed to have a COPR in order for them to process my application. When and how do you usually get it? I already got the inland landing letter in my email but the status on gckey still hasn’t been updated and I also haven’t gotten an interview appointment yet.
COPR? How do you get that? Which area you do live in? Because I’m still waiting for my landing letter too

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Hi! I resubmitted it Mar 25 and it was received on Mar 26, 2019 - linked on April 26. Hope this helps :)
Thank you zms13, we have a very close date. I resubmitted on Mar 26. I think you got your OWP approved because your PR eligibility has been approved. Anyway, congratulations! Hope me and everybody else waiting here get approvals too within this week.

Reactions: zms13

FRt4

Jun 24, 2019
Hi cmvalle,
Only Outland apps receive their CoPR by mail and can then go to any entry point. If you are following/part of this group, Im assuming that you’re an inland applicant, correct? Then you’ll receive your CoPR during the interview and will land at the same time. No need to go to the border. You DM letter (if I remember correctly from what I read) should have mentioned that your app was transferred to your local office. I saw your name on the Google doc, your office would most likely be Vancouver. They will contact you and make sure that you land and become a permanent resident. Vancouver is one of the busiest office in the country. From what I read, expect a 2-month wait after DM for your actual appointment (or at least that’s what I’m expecting for my own application).
Unfortunately, you’re not done waiting just yet...
You can check this thread for more info. I’ve been following it for for a little while now: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-landing-interview-from-vancouver-office-waiting-time.616417/page-47

Reactions: Bexi15

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Hi cmvalle,
Only Outland apps receive their CoPR by mail and can then go to any entry point. If you are following/part of this group, Im assuming that you’re an inland applicant, correct? Then you’ll receive your CoPR during the interview and will land at the same time. No need to go to the border. You DM letter (if I remember correctly from what I read) should have mentioned that your app was transferred to your local office. I saw your name on the Google doc, your office would most likely be Vancouver. They will contact you and make sure that you land and become a permanent resident. Vancouver is one of the busiest office in the country. From what I read, expect a 2-month wait after DM for your actual appointment (or at least that’s what I’m expecting for my own application).
Unfortunately, you’re not done waiting just yet...
You can check this thread for more info. I’ve been following it for for a little while now: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-landing-interview-from-vancouver-office-waiting-time.616417/page-47
Thanks for your help. So you're saying there's no way we could try flagpoling in our case? I got a document that says "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application." I thought we could get the border agents to issue us the CoPR but I guess I was wrong.

FRt4

Jun 24, 2019
Thanks for your help. So you're saying there's no way we could try flagpoling in our case? I got a document that says "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application." I thought we could get the border agents to issue us the CoPR but I guess I was wrong.
From what I read, there’s no option for us to flagpole. I hope someone will tell me I’m wrong (but it’ll mostly won’t happen). I only discovered this a couple of months after applying, which was a little disappointing.

Rubyrenes88-2019

Apr 4, 2019
Hey all,

I took a look at the google docs and it seems like people are getting a Approval In Principle around 150 to 155 days! This is very exciting - starting the journey I was expecting it to take about a year.

Jan 30th applicant, need to wait next 2 to 3 weeks. I did receive a notice for inland fingerprinting with Canada Police Clearance check, so that may have thrown me off the normal path unfortunately.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=600561589
I too received fingerprinting for RCMP. We submitted the documents via mail and now waiting for the update. AOR 29th Jan

Rubyrenes88-2019

Apr 4, 2019
AOR received: 29th Jan
OWP received : 25th march
Medical passed: 10 April
Fingerprint required for RCMP: 4th June
Fingerprint submitted: 23 June

Eligibility check under process
Background check under process
Any idea how long its gonna be?

I do see many early Jan applicants getting DM and interview...

curt101

Mar 21, 2019
I see many people have received finger print requests. My wife passed her medical back in April and we have still not seen a finger print request? Her background is showing As in process. Anyone have any insight on this? Before we applied for PR she was in the country on a year long holiday open work permit. Not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hi!. Me too i didn’t received fingerprint here in Canada. They just asked me to send my home country police clearance and I’m in Canada for more than 6 years as a work permit.

rockysef

Jan 8, 2019
Hi Everybody,
As many Jan-2019 applicant, my interview scheduled for next month. That's great news.
However, according to the "2019 google doc" , some of the applicants that their interview scheduled, declared as "Decision made". On the other side, the email that I received from "CIC" about "Confirmation of Permanent Residence Interview " doesn't say anything about decision or etc. Only about the details and papers about the interview. Decision will be made after interview (my understanding). Am I missing anything or you are following different progress that already decision made? Am I misunderstanding? Thanks for the opinions in advance.