+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

sebbypizza

Jan 3, 2019
Hi all,

My application was received right at the end of last month (Dec 2018), so its more like a January 2019 submission. Waiting for AOR.....patiently!

Reactions: LightRose

ExpatDad

Jun 17, 2018
Just sent ours off Jan 13th. Hopefully it arrives by post today.
Update: Canada Post tracking says it was delivered and signed for by S. Wong.​
Anybody else get the same signature?

Last edited:

smrtphusr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Just wanna say hi for all who sent spouse sponsorship this month
I just sent my application together with OWP today
Crossing fingers! Wish us the best and smooth process! :)
hi there, did you put the OWP on top of the sponsorship application? I am getting ready to put the package together and mail it.

Just sent ours off Jan 13th. Hopefully it arrives by post today.
Update: Canada Post tracking says it was delivered and signed for by S. Wong.​
Anybody else get the same signature?
did you use P.O box address or courier address for canada post xpress parcel?

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
hi there, did you put the OWP on top of the sponsorship application? I am getting ready to put the package together and mail it.

did you use P.O box address or courier address for canada post xpress parcel?
Hi, following the cic here in step 7: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they’re listed on the checklist.
I use the P.O box address, that's why I wonder too why there was someone signing my application xD

Reactions: smrtphusr

smrtphusr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Hi, following the cic here in step 7: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they’re listed on the checklist.
I use the P.O box address, that's why I wonder too why there was someone signing my application xD
ok thank you, i re read that im just paranoid i guess... also paranoid about courier losing the mail too. ill be ready by monday hopefully

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
ok thank you, i re read that im just paranoid i guess... also paranoid about courier losing the mail too. ill be ready by monday hopefully
It's normal to be paranoid, it's our future ;)

You know what I just realized that I missed the translation and certified copy for my sponsor's birth certificate and marriage certificate
My marriage certificate is in my native language and english, but it has incomplete English wording by the government (my country of origin)
I provide the English translation but missing the certified copy and original affidavit!
Soooooo, I am worried now :confused:
Guess my application will be sent back, or maybe there will be miracle
Anyone can propose what should I do? Can I add additional documents before the AOR?

Also, hoping that the OWP pilot project will be extended! So I can just resubmit it if it really will be returned
I still have some time because my status is until end of May

smrtphusr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
It's normal to be paranoid, it's our future ;)

You know what I just realized that I missed the translation and certified copy for my sponsor's birth certificate and marriage certificate
My marriage certificate is in my native language and english, but it has incomplete English wording by the government (my country of origin)
I provide the English translation but missing the certified copy and original affidavit!
Soooooo, I am worried now :confused:
Guess my application will be sent back, or maybe there will be miracle
Anyone can propose what should I do? Can I add additional documents before the AOR?

Also, hoping that the OWP pilot project will be extended! So I can just resubmit it if it really will be returned
I still have some time because my status is until end of May
oh shoot ya or maybe wait for them to reply back to you requesting additional documents? or is that taking a chance.

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
oh shoot ya or maybe wait for them to reply back to you requesting additional documents? or is that taking a chance.
I searched some cases in this forum, some got returned documents and some did not (lucky ones) for missing translation
It all depends on the officer who reviews the applications
I hope I'm included in the lucky one
Now is the waiting game

smrtphusr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Well I mailed mine in today. Waiting game starts! :)

Did not many people apply in January? Figured there would be lots of us trying to meet the 31st deadline of course unless they extend the owp program.

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Wish you luck!

I guess a lot gonna catch the deadline and now still busy with the application
Maybe this thread will be busy after we get the AOR :)
Let's hope! Really hope my application do not get returned