+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

dilo

Apr 27, 2019
Application received jan 24.they asked my police clearance as well when i received my aip last may 7th . I passed mine in webform last may 22th in gckey just said submitted. And i upload yesterday in my gckey account as well. Still submitted
Its pretty fast for the AIP. Normally they come around the end of the process. That’s a good sign.

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hey, i finished my bachelor degree in engineering here in canada. But it took me quite some time to find a good job in my field. Try linkedin, and send your resumes to all the companies u want to get in even there is no position posted. I got my previous job by randomly sent them my resume. Once u started off somewhere, u will be good to go. Let me know if u any help, i will try.
Thank you so much :D

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
I see, as it stands I am not working or studying. Doing some volunteer work and planning our move to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. I let my job the same day I stopped studying as I knew I was not able to continue working while no longer studying. As it stands, my study permit on expires in November of this year, so I would be able to hold out until I get the OWP if I was under the implied status of that study permit.

So bottom line seems to be, and please correct me if I am wrong here. I stopped studying and 90 days after that my current study permit, and therefor, my status will be canceled unless I attempt to change it to a visitors visa. Correct?

If that is indeed the case, how long generally would an Inland visitors visa take to process (I am from South Africa) if you have any idea. Also, how long are they generally valid for? If I got one, would it last the 3 or so months I may need for the permit to arrive? Also, one I actually get the OWP, then my status changes to that of worker and not visitor correct?

Sorry for the spam of questions, just been a bit confused on these subjects.
Firstly, if you stop study over 90 days you will get the problem with the immigration, because the school will submit the information to them.

Secondly, For the 90 days after permit expired are allowed you to apply/ extend another permit. It means you can still stay in Canada in that 90 days while waiting to apply/ for new permit.

However, if you got problem with the immigration before you got your OWP, you would better prepare to explain to them.

Thirdly, the length of the visitor visa will depend on your purpose of visiting, so it kinds of depends on your reason and how persuasive of that reason. For the process time you can check on the website of cic.

Fourth, of course, when you get your OWP, your status will be changed

Reactions: digbysa

digbysa

Jan 9, 2019
Thank you for the replys. I will apply for a change in status to a visitors visa in order to wait for my spousal sponsorship and OWP to be processed. Hopefully that will cover me and keep me legal here while I wait.

I was only 3 courses away from finishing my certificate but the corses required are not available until January and I cannot afford to take an extra three to six courses at 3x domestic price (as suggested by the school) especially when they do not count towards my certification at all.
Hopefully my OWP comes soon.

Blueface

Mar 15, 2019
I see, as it stands I am not working or studying. Doing some volunteer work and planning our move to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. I let my job the same day I stopped studying as I knew I was not able to continue working while no longer studying. As it stands, my study permit on expires in November of this year, so I would be able to hold out until I get the OWP if I was under the implied status of that study permit.

So bottom line seems to be, and please correct me if I am wrong here. I stopped studying and 90 days after that my current study permit, and therefor, my status will be canceled unless I attempt to change it to a visitors visa. Correct?

If that is indeed the case, how long generally would an Inland visitors visa take to process (I am from South Africa) if you have any idea. Also, how long are they generally valid for? If I got one, would it last the 3 or so months I may need for the permit to arrive? Also, one I actually get the OWP, then my status changes to that of worker and not visitor correct?

Sorry for the spam of questions, just been a bit confused on these subjects.
Hi

I don't know if you have your answers yet, but I was in a similar situation some time ago. To be sure about status regarding the student permit you can follow this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare-arrival/study-permit-conditions.html#s01

My lawyer advised me to change my status from student to visitor, and I applied for that right before my "grace period" was about to end. You can check my past posts for clarification. I got a visitor record about 45 days later, which is valid till the next year. And after I was sure about being under valid status, we went ahead with the PR+OWP application. Hope this helps.

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
As i know you applied for PR and OWP before your study permit expired. However, you are not allowed to work while you are waiting for your OWP and your study permit is expired. Just only the PGWP is allowed you to work when you are waiting for your PGWP and your study permit is expired.
Yeah but I received a 2 year OWP in march.
I stopped school after December 2018.
I kept working though.

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Application received jan 24.they asked my police clearance as well when i received my aip last may 7th . I passed mine in webform last may 22th in gckey just said submitted. And i upload yesterday in my gckey account as well. Still submitted
Why did you receive an AIP? Are you under removal order? Because I did receive the same police clearance request with the aip.

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
App received: Jan 4th
Started process: Feb 28th
MD request: March 6th
MD done: March 9th
OWP Approval: March 28th
OWP received: April 2nd
AIP with fingerprint RCMP/back home Police request: May 2nd
SA approval: May 10th
submitted police check documents: May 19th

BGC: In process

I believe I received an early AIP because I have an exclusion order because the aip makes the removal order to stay and now I have to wait for the BGC to be processed as regular process. Good luck everyone with this waiting game we hope we all hear something good soon. Sorry I couldn’t share my timeline was busy

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019

I believe I received an early AIP because I have an exclusion order because the aip makes the removal order to stay and now I have to wait for the BGC to be processed as regular process. Good luck everyone with this waiting game we hope we all hear something good soon. Sorry I couldn’t share my timeline was busy
You hav

good for you. You have owp. I didn’t apply

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Oh i see. You still have status when you applied..thats good

Yeah, anyway I was just trying to explain that whoever gets AIP early means they could be under removal order but at the end we still have to wait I guess specially for BGC.