+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Winterberg

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi,

I received an email to get my fingerprints done for criminal record check.
Has anyone received the same? If yes, where did you go for your fingerprints if in Mississauga region?
Thanks
the CIC website has a list of address where to go to get fingerprints. you should be able to find it in your city. like in my city, it's the office at the airport.

reborn89

Jun 5, 2019
Hi,

I am a Jan applicant, and I don't have access to check the online account as we are using a representative.I usually just check by phone every few days as well as the online tool on CIC website. To my best of knowledge our timeline is :

Application Received: Jan 14
AOR: Mar 5
Medical Results received and under review: (around mid march)
OWP Approved: April 11
BGC Start: May 7

FP Request: May7

ECAS Timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 14, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence on May 7, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. Medical results have been received.

As you all know the ECAS tool is usually late on updates, today I checked it and it said "we have received medical results" (they received it long ago) so I go to call CIC to check if their is a more accurate update and I am sure I put all the info in correct as well as trying about 5 or 6 times today and i keep getting the following " sorry using the info you provided we are unable to find your app in the system". Has this happened to anyone?? because usually I check thier automated system every few days by phone and this is the first time this happens.

Appreciate any help

thanks.

Last edited:

Chuckus

Jan 12, 2019
Hi,

I am a Jan applicant, and I don't have access to check the online account as we are using a representative.I usually just check by phone every few days as well as the online tool on CIC website. To my best of knowledge our timeline is :

ECAS Timeline:
  2. We sent you correspondence on May 7, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

As you all know the ECAS tool is usually late on updates, today I checked it and it said "we have received medical results" (they received it long ago) so I go to call CIC to check if their is a more accurate update and I am sure I put all the info in correct as well as trying about 5 or 6 times today and i keep getting the following " sorry using the info you provided we are unable to find your app in the system". Has this happened to anyone?? because usually I check thier automated system every few days by phone and this is the first time this happens.

Appreciate any help

thanks.
Same with me but as you see they are on November and December so don't think anyone from January has received DM yet.

Dewey323

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi,
My timeline is below... I wanted to know if it was safe to start applying for jobs? I missed out on several jobs because of the incomplete fee. Again there are several jobs available and I do not want to miss out!

Dec 27 PR and OWP submitted
Mar 1 - PR AOR
Mar 5 - OWP returned in mail due to incomplete fees
Mar 5 - PR Medical request
Mar 25 - OWP resubmitted
Mar 26 - Medical complete
Mar 26 - OWP received per mail
Apr 5 - PR medical passed
April 12 - Connected PR to GCKey
April 18 - Connected OWP to GCKey
Jun ? - PR BGC started
Jun 4 - I had a PR ghost update

Any information would be great!

Thank you!

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi,
My timeline is below... I wanted to know if it was safe to start applying for jobs? I missed out on several jobs because of the incomplete fee. Again there are several jobs available and I do not want to miss out!

Dec 27 PR and OWP submitted
Mar 1 - PR AOR
Mar 5 - OWP returned in mail due to incomplete fees
Mar 5 - PR Medical request
Mar 25 - OWP resubmitted
Mar 26 - Medical complete
Mar 26 - OWP received per mail
Apr 5 - PR medical passed
April 12 - Connected PR to GCKey
April 18 - Connected OWP to GCKey
Jun ? - PR BGC started
Jun 4 - I had a PR ghost update

Any information would be great!

Thank you!
Probably you will hear something soon very soon after the ghost update let us know though

Reactions: Dewey323

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hi,

ECAS Timeline:

Appreciate any help

thanks.
They put the message said that tuesday, nobody could not use the system because the system would be under maintaining

Huyoen

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hi guys. I am worried as I saw that my BGC has started. If they don't send me any emails immediately after asking for more cohab proofs, am I safe? I did common-law. Looks like people that got cohab proof request got it one day after they got their BGC started?

I'm guessing there's no way for me to check WHEN it started, as it was a "ghost" update so I got no emails.

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
How long does the background check takes?
Do you guys know times after the background check started?
It seems like anywhere from 3 months to 5 months basing on what i saw from previous applications 2018. But it seems like this year is way quicker from what we have been informed with updates so far.