+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*INLAND* Spousal Sponsorship *SEPTEMBER 2021*

smanchanda

Feb 15, 2016
Hello Guys! Quick question here:
Online application Inland.
AOR came on March 3rd, 2022 and I got a biometric fee reminder and medical examination email the next day. I have already paid biometric fees.
There was a ghost update on March 10, 2022 ( on the new Family Sponsorship immigration tracker portal) and since then I haven't received any update on the application.

Do I still need to wait for my the medical requests and biometric requests to come in the portal from them or can I just book dates , complete my medical and biometric and send the documents as a web form?

emcl91

Mar 15, 2022
In early Sept 2021 I sent in a spousal sponsorship application for PR for my wife. It's an inland application, as she is staying in Canada with me on a visitor's visa.

We recieved an email that confirmed they have received our application a few days after we applied and it provided us with a temporary application number: XF0008*****

It's been over 6 months without any other communication and we can't find a way to get through to an actual person and ask questions.

Does anyone share a similar experience or know if this is normal? I understand the processing times for these sponsorships can be in excess of 12 months, but it's been over half a year and they haven't started to process or given an update.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

corvus777

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Category........
FAM
In early Sept 2021 I sent in a spousal sponsorship application for PR for my wife. It's an inland application, as she is staying in Canada with me on a visitor's visa.

We recieved an email that confirmed they have received our application a few days after we applied and it provided us with a temporary application number: XF0008*****

It's been over 6 months without any other communication and we can't find a way to get through to an actual person and ask questions.

Does anyone share a similar experience or know if this is normal? I understand the processing times for these sponsorships can be in excess of 12 months, but it's been over half a year and they haven't started to process or given an update.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
have you tried to check any portal..GCKEY or new one?

Newwbiee_28

Mar 11, 2022
Can someone please explain to me what does this actually means on ecas.

My application was received September 2021
Received medical request in January 2022
Third line shows, medical results have been received
Today it was updated that they started processing my application March 15, 2022

I am so confused.

smanchanda

Feb 15, 2016
Hello Guys! Quick question here:
Online application Inland.
AOR came on March 3rd, 2022 and I got a biometric fee reminder and medical examination email the next day. I have already paid biometric fees.
There was a ghost update on March 10, 2022 ( on the new Family Sponsorship immigration tracker portal) and since then I haven't received any update on the application.

Do I still need to wait for my the medical requests and biometric requests to come in the portal from them or can I just book dates , complete my medical and biometric and send the documents as a web form?
looking for some guidance. Thanks

Cypher909

Mar 28, 2021
Please someone tell me if this is bad or good. I received decision made for both sections on the sponsor's ECAS today. Background was completed February 22nd, 2021. Eligibility was under review starting yesterday on GC Key. No further information has been provided. Wondering if this means I was refused as a sponsor which is why both "decision made" areas were updated at the same time.

Cypher909

Mar 28, 2021
Update: COPR document number & expiry date were added to the new tracker. Eligibility completed and received pre-arrival portal letter. I'm assuming these means approval.

Reactions: corvus777

Newwbiee_28

Mar 11, 2022
Please someone tell me if this is bad or good. I received decision made for both sections on the sponsor's ECAS today. Background was completed February 22nd, 2021. Eligibility was under review starting yesterday on GC Key. No further information has been provided. Wondering if this means I was refused as a sponsor which is why both "decision made" areas were updated at the same time.
Update: COPR document number & expiry date were added to the new tracker. Eligibility completed and received pre-arrival portal letter. I'm assuming these means approval.
That's good news.... congratulations.
Was this an inland or outland application?
And also can you please provide us your date of submission? And how long after the date they start processing your application did you notice the changed of decision made on your online account?

Last edited:

Cypher909

Mar 28, 2021
That's good news.... congratulations.
Was this an inland or outland application?
And also can you please provide us your date of submission? And how long after the date they start processing your application did you notice the changed of decision made on your online account?
Hi!! This was an inland application. Timeline:

Received: Oct 4, 2021
Temporary AOR: Dec 3, 2021
AOR: Jan 20, 2022
Medical request: Jan 20, 2022
Medicals passed: Feb 2, 2022
Background passed: Feb 22, 2022
Decision made on ECAS: March 17, 2022
Eligibility passed: March 17, 2022
Pre-arrival letter: March 17, 2022
COPR document number available on tracker: March 17, 2022

So it was under two months from the date they began processing to decision made, since they began processing it as of January 20th.

xoxmamotto

Mar 18, 2022
Here my timeline! Hope it can provide some references

Application received- Sep 16, 2021
AOR- Jan. 13, 2022
Pre- arrival letter- March 3, 2022
Eligibility completed- March 4, 2022
PR portal initial email- March 18, 2022
PR portal login details- Waiting...
eCOPR- March 10, 2022

Reactions: corvus777

marriedtoajamaican

Aug 10, 2019
Can someone tell me when the copr document comes. I received first email and I responded with what they asked but I haven't received the copr or second email to upload picture.

Newwbiee_28

Mar 11, 2022
Hi!! This was an inland application. Timeline:

Received: Oct 4, 2021
Temporary AOR: Dec 3, 2021
AOR: Jan 20, 2022
Medical request: Jan 20, 2022
Medicals passed: Feb 2, 2022
Background passed: Feb 22, 2022
Decision made on ECAS: March 17, 2022
Eligibility passed: March 17, 2022
Pre-arrival letter: March 17, 2022
COPR document number available on tracker: March 17, 2022

So it was under two months from the date they began processing to decision made, since they began processing it as of January 20th.
Thank you so much for this information. Your application was fast. My application was received September 7, 2021
Received AOR January 10, 2022
Medical request January 11, 2022
Medical done January 20, 2022
Medical results have been received on ecas February 5, 2022
On March 15, it was updated on ecas that they started processing my application and nothing since. I'm hoping to hear something soon.

Reactions: KJH85