+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Was wondering what happens if applicant passport is expired? They sent you expired one and you renew it. Then what?
Yeh if CBSA has your passport IRCC will request internally to CBSA to release passport, if its expired it will mailed to you or your consultant. Than you may renew it and and send IRCC and updated passport photo that shows its renewed.

Reactions: VancouverIsland

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
Yeh if CBSA has your passport IRCC will request internally to CBSA to release passport, if its expired it will mailed to you or your consultant. Than you may renew it and and send IRCC and updated passport photo that shows its renewed.
Do we need to send original renewed passport or just colour scanned pages via webform? Which is it? Thanks for detailed information.

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Yes it the same happened to me IRCC requested my passport from CBSA. And the IRCC sent it tome to renew and gave me a month but i sent explanation lettercto have additinal time because it will be more than a month then they granted my request til sept 30. But i already sent the renewed photocopy of my pssport

Reactions: VancouverIsland

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
Yes it the same happened to me IRCC requested my passport from CBSA. And the IRCC sent it tome to renew and gave me a month but i sent explanation lettercto have additinal time because it will be more than a month then they granted my request til sept 30. But i already sent the renewed photocopy of my pssport
So you sent only colour photocopy via webform?

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hi i cant handle the wait. I’m planning to apply now open working permit because i have already my ne passport. I didnt apply before but im just wondering it should be coming soon and it doesnt make any sense to apply?

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hi i cant handle the wait. I’m planning to apply now open working permit because i have already my ne passport. I didnt apply before but im just wondering it should be coming soon and it doesnt make any sense to apply?
Yeh maybe in your situation it dosnt make sense, if you applied like 5 months ago than id say ye.

Reactions: Keepfaith09

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• passportnew
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• passportnew
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Thank you for sharing, Ill reach out to my Consultant to see if they can confirm they go this email, however I already called last week and they said they recvd it. But im just trying to be proactive