+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

aplusk

Feb 6, 2019
OWP Eligibility Review has now begun. Does anyone know on an average how long it would take between now and receiving the work permit in the mail? We are travelling abroad for a family wedding on May 18th and will return June 3rd. My fiancee (common-law partner) has a valid OWP and visa until end of June. Wondering if we would need the new OWP when we return. Or will the existing valid OWP and visa suffice?

Timeline Update:
Application Received: Dec 11
AOR: Feb 6
OWP Resubmitted (due to insufficient fees): Feb 12
OWP Application Received: Feb 13
MR received: Feb 15
Medical Done: Feb 20
Medical Passed: Mar 4
BGC Start: May 10
OWP Eligibility Review: May 15
UPDATE

OWP Approved: May 15

nish05

Nov 19, 2018
My BGC started on Apr 23rd. I never got an email but when I checked GCkey, I could see that the status had changed.

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Congrats. What's your timeline?
C

Congratulations... your timeline pls?
Congrats!!! this is AIP (Approval In Principal)
Thank you so much! We didn’t know that meant AIP!
Here’s the timelime:
App received: Dec 5th
AOR: January 29th
OWP: Resubmitted Feb 5th
MR request: Feb 9th
MR completed: Feb 15th
MR passed: Feb 23rd
OWP approved: May 6th
OWP received in paper: May 13th
AIP: May 15th

Last edited:
Reactions: VancouverIsland

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
Thank you so much! We didn’t know that meant AIP!
Here’s the timelime:
App received: Dec 5th
AOR: January 29th
OWP: Resubmitted Feb 5th
MR request: Feb 9th
MR completed: Feb 15th
MR passed: Mar 23rd
OWP approved: May 6th
OWP received in paper: May 13th
AIP: May 15th
Congratulations. I'm dec 5th applicant as well. Med passed, Bgc still going on,they're reviewing additional documents, nothing else. Hopefully i would get good news soon as well.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Reactions: aplusk

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Congratulations. I'm dec 5th applicant as well. Med passed, Bgc still going on,they're reviewing additional documents, nothing else. Hopefully i would get good news soon as well.
Yeah hopefully you will get good news soon.
I submitted additional documents last week,background check is still going on,eligibility status is we are reviewing your eligibility but me and the sponsor got the letter eligibility passed
Why does it says reviewing eligibility on GCkey?
I’m confused

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
Yeah hopefully you will get good news soon.
I submitted additional documents last week,background check is still going on,eligibility status is we are reviewing your eligibility but me and the sponsor got the letter eligibility passed
Why does it says reviewing eligibility on GCkey?
I’m confused
Maybe they haven't updated the GCkey yet. It shouldn't take more than couple of weeks to see on the GCkey. What additional documents did they ask from you? They asked me to provide proof of relationship, RCMP criminal record check based on the fingerprint and schedule a

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Maybe they haven't updated the GCkey yet. It shouldn't take more than couple of weeks to see on the GCkey. What additional documents did they ask from you? They asked me to provide proof of relationship, RCMP criminal record check based on the fingerprint and schedule a
What are the next steps after the eligibility passed?
They asked for police certificates from all the countries where I stayed more than six months.
Yes they asked earlier for RCMP criminal record check based on the fingerprints.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
What are the next steps after the eligibility passed?
They asked for police certificates from all the countries where I stayed more than six months.
Yes they asked earlier for RCMP criminal record check based on the fingerprints.
why do you need RCMP criminal record when the applicant is already living in Canada ? I went to RCMP to do the same and they said if the applicant is living in Canada they don't need PCC

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
why do you need RCMP criminal record when the applicant is already living in Canada ? I went to RCMP to do the same and they said if the applicant is living in Canada they don't need PCC
Maybe they want to check if the applicant’s record is clean while being in Canada.