+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
- Pr Dec 5. Processing background check.

- OWP resubmitted on feb 12 2019. Nothing yet.
Hello @dmarques are you in "Implied status?" I will be out of status on June 4th, and I don't know if I should ask for an extension at this point? or I will be covered by the "Implied status?"

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hello @dmarques are you in "Implied status?" I will be out of status on June 4th, and I don't know if I should ask for an extension at this point? or I will be covered by the "Implied status?"
If you are currently on visitor visa then you need to apply for visitor visa extension then you are considered as implied status you are suppose to apply for an extension in 30 days before you go out of status

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
If you are currently on visitor visa then you need to apply for visitor visa extension then you are considered as implied status you are suppose to apply for an extension in 30 days before you go out of status
There is no rule for applying 30 days before status expires. They only recommend that if for some reason there is a complication or it gets rejected.

Technically you have until the day before date of expiration to have submitted the application.

As long as they receive it the day before(paper) or it is submitted online while on valid status, you are implied.

Have you submitted an OWP app at any point?

dmarques

Jan 30, 2019
When I resubmitted my OWP in feb 12 I was on visitor visa which expired in March 30. I called CIC and asked if it was a problem and they told me I am okay (with implied status).
So I didn’t apply for visitor visa again. There is no need for that.

Today afternoon they started reviewing my eligibility for OWP. I hope tomorrow I will finally have good news.

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
There is no rule for applying 30 days before status expires. They only recommend that if for some reason there is a complication or it gets rejected.

Technically you have until the day before date of expiration to have submitted the application.

As long as they receive it the day before(paper) or it is submitted online while on valid status, you are implied.

Have you submitted an OWP app at any point?
Yes, i did, i have USA green card and i entered canada as visitor, but theorically I have only 6 month I can be out Usa otherwise I lose it, and I have 6 months here in canada before i am out of status, so by June 4th I won't have status on USA and out of status here, I applied owp at the same time with PR, but got it back due to missing fee, so I resubmitted it while i had 3months here still on status, since then no updates :(

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
When I resubmitted my OWP in feb 12 I was on visitor visa which expired in March 30. I called CIC and asked if it was a problem and they told me I am okay (with implied status).

Today afternoon they started reviewing my eligibility for OWP. I hope tomorrow I will finally have good news.
Looks like the same case as mine, so hopefully I will have updates by the end of this month, thanks for sharing.

aplusk

Feb 6, 2019
OWP Eligibility Review has now begun. Does anyone know on an average how long it would take between now and receiving the work permit in the mail? We are travelling abroad for a family wedding on May 18th and will return June 3rd. My fiancee (common-law partner) has a valid OWP and visa until end of June. Wondering if we would need the new OWP when we return. Or will the existing valid OWP and visa suffice?

Timeline Update:
Application Received: Dec 11
AOR: Feb 6
OWP Resubmitted (due to insufficient fees): Feb 12
OWP Application Received: Feb 13
MR received: Feb 15
Medical Done: Feb 20
Medical Passed: Mar 4
BGC Start: May 10
OWP Eligibility Review: May 15

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
I just got a message in my GCkey account..
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class .please note that final decision will be made on remaining requirements (security,medical etc)...the message is really long
But I feel that’s the important part of it.

I want to know what stage I’m on and what are the next steps?

dmarques

Jan 30, 2019

OWP approved.

Reactions: Idarar

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class .please note that final decision will be made on remaining requirements (security,medical etc)...the message is really long

Congrats. What's your timeline?

i_am_oasa

Feb 27, 2013
C

Congratulations... your timeline pls?

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019

Congrats!!! this is AIP (Approval In Principal)