+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

aplusk

Feb 6, 2019
UPDATE:

Application Sent: Dec 10
Application Received: Dec 11
AOR via email: Feb 6

OWP Application originally submitted with PR was Returned (due to insufficient fees): Feb 11
OWP Resubmitted: Feb 12
OWP Application Received: Feb 13
MR received: Feb 15
Medical Done: Feb 20

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
UPDATE:

Application Sent: Dec 10
Application Received: Dec 11
AOR via email: Feb 6

OWP Application originally submitted with PR was Returned (due to insufficient fees): Feb 11
OWP Resubmitted: Feb 12
OWP Application Received: Feb 13
MR received: Feb 15
Medical Done: Feb 20
I think I will be on the same situation, may I ask, where did you send back the OWP app? do they tell you where to send it? did you complete everything from scratch or just add the missing payment fee? I tried sending the payment online and they confirmed received the docs, chances are but I don't know if they could processed it or will be returned.

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
I think I will be on the same situation, may I ask, where did you send back the OWP app? do they tell you where to send it? did you complete everything from scratch or just add the missing payment fee? I tried sending the payment online and they confirmed received the docs, chances are but I don't know if they could processed it or will be returned.
It depends. Sometimes they're nice about it, note you've covered the missing fee, and don't return the OWP app. But then other times they do return it. Just keep monitoring the situation and hope for the best.

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
It depends. Sometimes they're nice about it, note you've covered the missing fee, and don't return the OWP app. But then other times they do return it. Just keep monitoring the situation and hope for the best.
Yeah, I know, we'll see. Thanks

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Yeah, I know, we'll see. Thanks
No problem, and sorry, just realized I forgot to answer the first part of your post. I believe the checklist will let you know where to send the OWP if you have to do it all over again. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you won't be sending it to the same address as before since you're not submitting it at the same time as the PR app. When they're sent together, what they do is separate the two apps and forward the OWP to another location.

Hopefully they just see you made up the difference and they hold on to the app!

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
No problem, and sorry, just realized I forgot to answer the first part of your post. I believe the checklist will let you know where to send the OWP if you have to do it all over again. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you won't be sending it to the same address as before since you're not submitting it at the same time as the PR app. When they're sent together, what they do is separate the two apps and forward the OWP to another location.

Hopefully they just see you made up the difference and they hold on to the app!
Thanks again! hopefully they will consider it if they got it on time.

dmarques

Jan 30, 2019
In my case the whole application for the OWP was complete with the fee payed and everything and they returned it saying the fee wasn’t there. But it was.
So, We had to resend it and was received in Feb 12.
My Pr and OWP application was received on dec 5 2018.

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
In my case the whole application for the OWP was complete with the fee payed and everything and they returned it saying the fee wasn’t there. But it was.
So, We had to resend it and was received in Feb 12.
My Pr and OWP application was received on dec 5 2018.
The right fees were there from the beginning, or you made up the difference later but it was still returned? If they were there from the beginning, are they somehow making up for their error?! If you made up the difference later and they still sent it back, then yeah, that's unfortunate but not uncommon. Like I said, it all depends...

Best of luck moving forward.

kyspark2

Feb 22, 2019
Update!

App. sent on Dec. 20
App. received on Dec.24
AOR email received on Feb.22

App. link failed 5 times and locked for 24hours...will try tomorrow :(

PowerfulCanada

Jan 28, 2019
Updating

Appl. Sent - Dec 17th
Appl. Received - Dec 19th

AOR (e-mail) - Feb 19th
PR Appl. Linked - Feb 19th
OWP Appl. - Feb 21st
MR - Feb 22nd

dmarques

Jan 30, 2019
It was there from the beginning.
The correct fee was paid and the copy of the received was there.
I have a representative and they scanned the whole application before send it o Dec 4, 2018. They always do that to keep a copy at the office.
So, when CIC returned it back they opened the scanned file at the office, they checked it and the receid was there.

My representative told me this kind of mistake happens when CIC gets a big number of applications in a short time.
:(

The right fees were there from the beginning, or you made up the difference later but it was still returned? If they were there from the beginning, are they somehow making up for their error?! If you made up the difference later and they still sent it back, then yeah, that's unfortunate but not uncommon. Like I said, it all depends...

Best of luck moving forward.