+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
That's incorrect. The target timeline for both inland and outland is 12 months but most outland apps are processed faster, whereas inland are consistently processed at 11-12 months.

Well, I agree with you but I think you misunderstood what I said earlier. I said "AIP" take 8-9 months... I never said the whole process take 8-9 months. There are steps after AIP such as Landing interview etc take a month or two on top. Hope that satisfy your difference with my earlier statement.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Well, I agree with you but I think you misunderstood what I said earlier. I said "AIP" take 8-9 months... I never said the whole process take 8-9 months. There are steps after AIP such as Landing interview etc take a month or two on top. Hope that satisfy your difference with my earlier statement.
I was responding to the individual who said inland and outland are both processed at 12 months. I was not referring to inland processing time - it is consistent at 11-12m total. Outland is often faster, sometimes significantly so.

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
I was responding to the individual who said inland and outland are both processed at 12 months. I was not referring to inland processing time - it is consistent at 11-12m total. Outland is often faster, sometimes significantly so.
Thank you for your clarification, I was referring in general as official online tools says:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

I am not saying you are wrong, probably you have more experience or more information that I do, God bless you!

husky ginger

Feb 13, 2019
It changes nothing about processing time, but the only benefit to applying inland is the OWP. If you didn't need the OWP you would have been better off applying outland, generally processed faster.
Ah bummer. I didn't know that people living in canada are also eligible to apply for outland. My bad. Seems It has been processed way faster than inland these days. Well it is too late to regret anyway. I can be patient. Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:

Demetor-35

Feb 12, 2019
Updated timeline:

App. Send: December 12
App. Received: December 17
AOR: February 19

PR linked: No
OWP linked: No

To be honest I don’t know which name should I put on the website. I’ve tried with both of us and nothing happened. It apparently take up to 5 days to linked it so I’ll try it on the 24th.

Jadetol

Dec 3, 2018
Ok this is becoming frustrating. 2 days now i still cant link my application online. I have tried all the know tricks Can cic help me link it if i call in? Im just frustrated

Greg_Di

Nov 6, 2018
Updated timeline:

App. Sent: December 20
App. Received: December 21
AOR: Feb 21 (I think? Was able to link account and status says pending registration, now it says submitted)

PR linked: Yes
OWP linked: No

I just had a question, for the OWP should I be linking this to my account or to my Common Law Partners account who is applying?

Last edited:
Reactions: Marins02

Jadetol

Dec 3, 2018
Quick question Is it true if you use a representative you wont be able to link your account online? Pls who knows?

dmarques

Jan 30, 2019
Yeah

That’s true. I have a representative and I wasn’t able to link.
When I tried to link they said I have a representative and if I want to link I would have to fill a form canceling my representative.
You still can check some limited information on ECAS.

Quick question Is it true if you use a representative you wont be able to link your account online? Pls who knows?

Reactions: Jadetol

anamadeira

Dec 7, 2018
Update:
App. Send: Dec 17
App. Received: Dec 18
AOR: Feb 19
MR: Feb 21

Haven´t been able to link my application online... Any suggestions?

PowerfulCanada

Jan 28, 2019
Updating

Appl. Sent - Dec 17th
Appl. Received - Dec 19th
AOR (e-mail) - Feb 19th
PR Appl. Linked - Feb 19th
OWP Appl. - Feb 21st
MR - Not received