+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
App received : 19 December
No AOR yet , but i was able to link my application today through UCI and family name

Good luck guys
Mine was also recieved Dec 19. I will try to link my app tonight and update you guys accordingly. Yesterday I got locked in due to unsuccessful 5 attempts. Hopefully tonight it will go through following by an AOR in next few days. Thanks for updating us !!!

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Did anyone applied for extension ? My PR and OWP application is accepted and i am able to link the applications online but i am not able to link my visitor visa extension app does anyone know why ?

Demetor-35

Feb 12, 2019
App. Received: December 17th
AOR: February 19th

Still have to wait for sponsor approval, but first news since I send it so it does feel good!

mcc_gal

Feb 10, 2017
Toronto
HI everyone,

Package received - December 5, 2018
AOR - January 31, 2019
Medical Exam request - February 13, 2019
Medical completed - February 19, 2019

Is it odd that that CIC requested a medical prior to granting us an AIP?

Best of luck to everyone.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
HI everyone,

Package received - December 5, 2018
AOR - January 31, 2019
Medical Exam request - February 13, 2019
Medical completed - February 19, 2019

Is it odd that that CIC requested a medical prior to granting us an AIP?

Best of luck to everyone.

What I have found so far from other applicant's timeline from last year (2018), AIP (Approval in Principal) is a decision which will be taken in 7-8 months after you file the Sponsored spousal application. Whereas, pretty much everyone is receive Medical exam request within a week time after they are receiving their AOR. Hope that satisfy the question! Good Luck :)

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hi everyone,

I was just able to link my husband's application, no AOR yet! Ours was received Dec 20th :) Good luck everyone

husky ginger

Feb 13, 2019
App received Dec 18
Common law category
no AOR yet + unable to link
Hope I get news from CIC tomorrow
Update:
I linked PR today yay!
My partner said he hasn't got any email from cic (AOR) but I wouldn't worry too much as long as I am able to link PR.

I didn't apply open work permit, do you think would it help to shorten the whole process time or it wouldn't really matter? Any idea?

mcc_gal

Feb 10, 2017
Toronto
What I have found so far from other applicant's timeline from last year (2018), AIP (Approval in Principal) is a decision which will be taken in 7-8 months after you file the Sponsored spousal application. Whereas, pretty much everyone is receive Medical exam request within a week time after they are receiving their AOR. Hope that satisfy the question! Good Luck :)
Thank you for your response :)

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Update:
I linked PR today yay!
My partner said he hasn't got any email from cic (AOR) but I wouldn't worry too much as long as I am able to link PR.

I didn't apply open work permit, do you think would it help to shorten the whole process time or it wouldn't really matter? Any idea?
It changes nothing about processing time, but the only benefit to applying inland is the OWP. If you didn't need the OWP you would have been better off applying outland, generally processed faster.

Reactions: PowerfulCanada

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
It changes nothing about processing time, but the only benefit to applying inland is the OWP. If you didn't need the OWP you would have been better off applying outland, generally processed faster.
As far as I know inland and outland will take same amount of time, around 12 months.

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
ONLINE TOOL SAYS FOR ME:

1. We received your application to sponsor " my spouse name" on December 11, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 9, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 8, 2019.
does this mean they've officially started to process and all our paperwork is their?

Reactions: Marins02

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
As far as I know inland and outland will take same amount of time, around 12 months.
That's incorrect. The target timeline for both inland and outland is 12 months but most outland apps are processed faster, whereas inland are consistently processed at 11-12 months.