+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

Niner09

Apr 28, 2017
Hi! I would like to check if anybody knows the answer to my questions:

1. Implied Status - I am currently an international student visa holder and preparing our application for Spousal Sponsorship. Once we have submitted the PR + OWP application, can I use the OWP Implied status? I did not register for this winter semester to prepare the application.

2. After submission of the PR+OWP application, how long (estimated) will be the Open Work permit to be approved?

Many thanks to all who will answer! God bless

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
The CBSA out of status interview is set for January 8 2019...The CBSA officer has been very kind us so far, even when the discovered my spouse was here out of status in Canada, there was no arrest, no bond, only monthly reporting and they where very nice to us. We where honest about everything in terms of out of status and provided all information to them.

We will take the proof that we have sent our application in. The good thing is that my spouse has a lot of family in Canada (legal citizens) as well my spouse visited Canada when he was a child. So there is a lot go genuine family ties, history and memories in Canada. Hoping we can overcome this hurdle as a couple. I really feel for couple out their going through the same thing as us.

I know CBSA are not here to keep people, rather they're job quite simply is to send people back to their native countries. My spouse has been reporting to the CBSA since August of 2018. Unfortunately it took us months to gather our file for Inland Sponsorship but it has been sent as of December 2018.

We have been given a lot of misleading information about CBSA interview, We have been told if you do not have AOR, CBSA can provide an exclusion order therefore nullifying the Inland sponsorship and my spouse we would be sent back to his native country.

However I have been also told even no AOR has been received, as long as you can show proof that an application as been sent, The CBSA officer has the option to let you wait for a few more weeks etc.

Not sure how this all will turn out next week, but we are staying and thinking positive, I hope the officer can see we are good people, and a young couple just starting our lives.

Sent inland sponsorship ..............December 6th 2018.
Received by Immigration Office ...........December 11 2018.
AOR.....................................................................WAITING

CBSA interview for spouse..................January 8 2019

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
The CBSA out of status interview is set for January 8 2019...The CBSA officer has been very kind us so far, even when the discovered my spouse was here out of status in Canada, there was no arrest, no bond, only monthly reporting and they where very nice to us. We where honest about everything in terms of out of status and provided all information to them.

We will take the proof that we have sent our application in. The good thing is that my spouse has a lot of family in Canada (legal citizens) as well my spouse visited Canada when he was a child. So there is a lot go genuine family ties, history and memories in Canada. Hoping we can overcome this hurdle as a couple. I really feel for couple out their going through the same thing as us.

I know CBSA are not here to keep people, rather they're job quite simply is to send people back to their native countries. My spouse has been reporting to the CBSA since August of 2018. Unfortunately it took us months to gather our file for Inland Sponsorship but it has been sent as of December 2018.

We have been given a lot of misleading information about CBSA interview, We have been told if you do not have AOR, CBSA can provide an exclusion order therefore nullifying the Inland sponsorship and my spouse we would be sent back to his native country.

However I have been also told even no AOR has been received, as long as you can show proof that an application as been sent, The CBSA officer has the option to let you wait for a few more weeks etc.

Not sure how this all will turn out next week, but we are staying and thinking positive, I hope the officer can see we are good people, and a young couple just starting our lives.

CBSA interview for spouse..................January 8 2019
Thank you for sharing this information with us. My hubby is also out of status for few years now and we're waiting for AOR and I'm pretty sure cbsa will contact us soon like you guys. Hopefully we can get through this. Please keep us updated. Thanks

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Thank you for sharing this information with us. My hubby is also out of status for few years now and we're waiting for AOR and I'm pretty sure cbsa will contact us soon like you guys. Hopefully we can get through this. Please keep us updated. Thanks

Your Welcome! I will keep posting updates.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hello Guys i am new to this ...............

Applied on Dec 15/2018
Application received on Dec 17/2018
Waiting for AOR ? Any updates ... did anyone get AOR who applied in Dec 2018 ?

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
can anyone tell or any link that suggests the date the CIC is working on for the application ?

for example: CIC is working on Dec 4/2018 or Dec 8/2018 application -something like that

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for my wife from Mississauga, ON

Application sent: 4 Dec 2018
Application Received: 5 Dec 2018

Who else is applying in December 2018?
you applied a month ago did you get AOR ? I also applied in Dec

Lenaa

Sep 18, 2018
Application sent: 4th of December
Application delivered: 10th of December

Is there anything else we can do to check if they started the process? Otherwise, let the waiting game begin..

Beshu

Nov 29, 2018
No update yet... from reading last years thread of december 2017 outland applicants. They recieved their aor end of jan or mid feb. Most of them got their ppr aug sept and some oct.

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018

CBSA interview for spouse..................January 8 2019.................Exclusion order issued January 8 2019.

We are just waiting to see wha
Hi everyone,

I have applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for my wife from Mississauga, ON

Application sent: 4 Dec 2018
Application Received: 5 Dec 2018

Who else is applying in December 2018?

Any updates?

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
CIC is still processing November Inland applications so unfortunately you guys still have to wait. I believe they are currently at about November 24th or something like that. So I presume start of December applicants will hear about AOR towards mid to end of January if the applications were correctly filled out etc.