+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Suggestions?

When I sent my PR app I sent an OWP app but I WAS out of status at the time I still have not received AOR but NOW have valid status. I was told to submit the OWP while I was out of status and explain of my situation of awaiting status restoration.

Should I send another work permit application to arrive before the deadline now that I have my visitor status? Is it a risk if I think they haven't even gotten to my PR application and now I have my status when they open it?

I hope this makes sense. I am fine paying the work permit fee again and sending a separate OWP application so it would be with a valid status at time of submission.

Or will my original OWP(I said out of status but awaiting restoration) be processed normally now that I have my status.
If you are the applicant and if you are here on a Temporary visitor visa you should have applied for inland sponsorship application with OWP before your status expires... first they review your PR application then after 3 to 4 months later you will get your open work permit ... I believe your current status is a visitor

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Suggestions?

When I sent my PR app I sent an OWP app but I WAS out of status at the time I still have not received AOR but NOW have valid status. I was told to submit the OWP while I was out of status and explain of my situation of awaiting status restoration.

Should I send another work permit application to arrive before the deadline now that I have my visitor status? Is it a risk if I think they haven't even gotten to my PR application and now I have my status when they open it?

I hope this makes sense. I am fine paying the work permit fee again and sending a separate OWP application so it would be with a valid status at time of submission.

Or will my original OWP(I said out of status but awaiting restoration) be processed normally now that I have my status.
Suggestions?

what is your current status ? Did you come here on a visitor visa ?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
If you are the applicant and if you are here on a Temporary visitor visa you should have applied for inland sponsorship application with OWP before your status expires... first they review your PR application then after 3 to 4 months later you will get your open work permit ... I believe your current status is a visitor
what is your current status ? Did you come here on a visitor visa ?
I understand that. I know and that was my mistake; it is a long story. I have been in Canada for over 6+ years on study/work visas. When I applied for inland spousal PR I was OUT OF STATUS/EXPIRED WORK PERMIT. But you are still allowed to apply for PR inland without status. That is not my question.

I applied for restoration of my status in November, 2 weeks before I mailed in my PR(WITH OWP APP) application in December. NOW I have visitor status. But for the OWP you NEED valid status(which I did not have when I mailed it in, I explained this in my app). People which applied ahead of me still have not received AOR.

My question is: My PR most likely has not been looked at YET. But in that application for OWP I was OUT OF STATUS.

Will they look in the system and see that I now have valid status and process it normally or should I mail in another OWP application with my valid status explaining I submitted one incorrectly before.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
I understand that. I know and that was my mistake; it is a long story. I have been in Canada for over 6+ years on study/work visas. When I applied for inland spousal PR I was OUT OF STATUS/EXPIRED WORK PERMIT. But you are still allowed to apply for PR inland without status. That is not my question.

I applied for restoration of my status in November, 2 weeks before I mailed in my PR(WITH OWP APP) application in December. NOW I have visitor status. But for the OWP you NEED valid status(which I did not have when I mailed it in, I explained this in my app). People which applied ahead of me still have not received AOR.

My question is: My PR most likely has not been looked at YET. But in that application for OWP I was OUT OF STATUS.

Will they look in the system and see that I now have valid status and process it normally or should I mail in another OWP application with my valid status explaining I submitted one incorrectly before.
I think it shouldn’t affect your application all they see is if you Curenently have a legal status and I believe you do has a visitor visa Status .... so it shouldn’t be a problem ... you don’t really need to submit a new OWP since your concern is that at the time when you applied for PR and OWP you were out of status ... but when immigration is gone review your file now you do have a legal status now so it’s not an issue ... and you already submitted the OWP application so wait for the outcome ... in future don’t be out of status and file an application lucky in your case you do have a legal status now that’s good ... that’s all they see ... I have seen people filing PR when they don’t have a legal status inside Canada they get deported

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
I think it shouldn’t affect your application all they see is if you Curenently have a legal status and I believe you do has a visitor visa Status .... so it shouldn’t be a problem ... you don’t really need to submit a new OWP since your concern is that at the time when you applied for PR and OWP you were out of status ... but when immigration is gone review your file now you do have a legal status now so it’s not an issue ... and you already submitted the OWP application so wait for the outcome ... in future don’t be out of status and file an application lucky in your case you do have a legal status now that’s good ... that’s all they see ... I have seen people filing PR when they don’t have a legal status inside Canada they get deported
Thank you very much for your opinion. I will get a few more opinions so I have the most confidence :). Nothing against you I am just paranoid! Also I did not get deported because I was in Canada while my status expired. That is what the restoration process is for; they want you to prove you can survive here. I am an American as well, visa-exempt usually. But for an inland application through spouse you are allowed. I am not lucky, just did not do anything wrong except my status expired but I proved myself and provided evidence.

Ezel0616

Jan 30, 2019
APP SEND: NOV29
RECEIVED: DEC03
AOR: JAN26

You should be getting your AORs this week Dec.1st week applicants.

Ezel0616

Jan 30, 2019
Thank you very much for your opinion. I will get a few more opinions so I have the most confidence :). Nothing against you I am just paranoid! Also I did not get deported because I was in Canada while my status expired. That is what the restoration process is for; they want you to prove you can survive here. I am an American as well, visa-exempt usually. But for an inland application through spouse you are allowed. I am not lucky, just did not do anything wrong except my status expired but I proved myself and provided evidence.

YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE OWP up until your application will be in AIP stage as you ran out of status when you applied for OWP with your Spousal that is on the 10th-11th month mark. If you are willing to pay the $255 , its better for you to reapply now that you have status.

Ezel0616

Jan 30, 2019
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE OWP up until your application will be in AIP stage as you ran out of status when you applied for OWP with your Spousal that is on the 10th-11th month mark. If you are willing to pay the $255 , its better for you to reapply now that you have status.
OWP pilot program will end on the 31st. Is there any way you can send ur OWP and be received ny CIC on Jan31st. I forgot about the program not being extended.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
OWP pilot program will end on the 31st. Is there any way you can send ur OWP and be received ny CIC on Jan31st. I forgot about the program not being extended.
You must send it out through courier(UPS/Purolator) and overnight ship it to the address on the OWP PR location. I will edit the post when I see it. As long as it gets there the 31st.

Ezel0616

Jan 30, 2019
You must send it out through courier(UPS/Purolator) and overnight ship it to the address on the OWP PR location. I will edit the post when I see it. As long as it gets there the 31st.

Yup. I did my OWP via Purolator, was delivered the next day. So hopefully you can send it out tomorrow. Just double check the address .

CPC-EDMONTON
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
c/o work permits for spouses/common-law partners, Station 777
9700 Jasper Ave. NW, suite 55
Edmonton, AB T5J 4CR

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
Do
Yup. I did my OWP via Purolator, was delivered the next day. So hopefully you can send it out tomorrow. Just double check the address .

CPC-EDMONTON
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
c/o work permits for spouses/common-law partners, Station 777
9700 Jasper Ave. NW, suite 55
Edmonton, AB T5J 4CR
Does anyone know how long it takes to get Medical request and sponsorship approval after AOR. Received AOR Jan. 23rd. App sent October 29th

Aurora9

Jan 16, 2019
Good morning everyone,
My application was received 5 Dec. I just linked my app and I can see my application number.

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Update:

Sent inland sponsorship ..............December 6th 2018.
Received by Mississauga Immigration Office ...........December 11 2018.
AOR.....................................................................WAITING
CBSA interview for spouse..................January 8 2019 = Exclusion order
CBSA second interview for spouse....January 28 2019. = PRRA option

The result of January 8th meeting was a exclusion order, and the result of second interview was we where offered PRRA option.

We will be send in out PRRA application hoping it will buy us at least 6 moths or more. So our inland application at least gets some momentum.

We have 15 days from January 28 to apply for the PRRA.

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
Update:

Sent inland sponsorship ..............December 6th 2018.
Received by Mississauga Immigration Office ...........December 11 2018.
AOR.....................................................................WAITING
CBSA interview for spouse..................January 8 2019 = Exclusion order
CBSA second interview for spouse....January 28 2019. = PRRA option

The result of January 8th meeting was a exclusion order, and the result of second interview was we where offered PRRA option.

We will be send in out PRRA application hoping it will buy us at least 6 moths or more. So our inland application at least gets some momentum.

We have 15 days from January 28 to apply for the PRRA.
So what happened on the interview? Full details please if you don't mind ..

Vivolino

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
So I couldn’t link my OWP because it was sent back to me on Jan 28 (Agent on the phone said that) due to insufficient payments even though I paid the rest $155 and submitted through IRCC web form after realizing I paid it wrong (at first I paid only $100). while I get documents and send it back I’m not in the pilot program anymore.
Does it mean OWP will not be approved until my sponsorship immigration is Approved in Principal, which is going to be in around 10-12 months?