AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Similar thing happened to me with regard to the OWP, but with the November applicants (I was a late October applicant). Then exactly 4 months to the day my PR and OWP apps were received, my OWP was approved. It's as if someone noticed my app had been sitting there long enough!

As for the earlier reception date for the OWP app - that's normal. They always list an earlier date. That said, don't count down the 3/4 months from that earlier date; instead, count down from the actual reception date. It's the one that actually matters.

Hope this bit of info helps.
Yes it does, thanks! Good to know. Good luck with your app!

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Similar thing happened to me with regard to the OWP, but with the November applicants (I was a late October applicant). Then exactly 4 months to the day my PR and OWP apps were received, my OWP was approved. It's as if someone noticed my app had been sitting there long enough!

As for the earlier reception date for the OWP app - that's normal. They always list an earlier date. That said, don't count down the 3/4 months from that earlier date; instead, count down from the actual reception date. It's the one that actually matters.

Hope this bit of info helps.
I just don't understand why applicants after are getting their permits!

Reactions: CassandraJE

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Hi,

January applicant here. I’m wondering how long it took you guys to be able to link the OWP application after either receiving the AOR or linking the PR application on GCKey.

Thanks!

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Hi,

January applicant here. I’m wondering how long it took you guys to be able to link the OWP application after either receiving the AOR or linking the PR application on GCKey.

Thanks!
It took most of us about 8 weeks from the date of receipt so some applicants from january should be able to soon

Demetor-35

Feb 12, 2019
Same here. I don’t get why some person are getting the OWP when they apply after me. I am a December 17th applicant.

I cannot link any of my app since I took a representative. So I contacted them to have some info and they told me that every application are different and it also depends on who is working on your files. They told me that it could come tomorrow or in weeks.

Even knowing that it’s so frustrating.
Good luck everyone.

dmarques

Jan 30, 2019
Same here. I don’t get why some person are getting the OWP when they apply after me. I am a December 17th applicant.

I cannot link any of my app since I took a representative. So I contacted them to have some info and they told me that every application are different and it also depends on who is working on your files. They told me that it could come tomorrow or in weeks.

Good luck everyone.
Same here.
I am Dec 5 applicant and I called them on Friday and they told me my file wasn’t even in the system yet.

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
First at all, the OWP isn’t a travel document. It doesn’t give you the right to travel to Canada. Along with your permit, you need either:

CIC website is very clear about that.

Secondly, the immigration consultant isn't always right. In fact a lot of immigration consultants do not have enough knowledge about the process...
That is correct, OWP is not a travel document. However, my wife does have a 5 year multiple entry visa so I'm assuming we are good? All i got in the mail was her permit since we already have the multiple entry visa, no visa or extension document was sent with the work permit mail.

Now we are applying for her sin# and provincial health coverage. It should be done and received in next 2 weeks.

Any idea how long it can take now, from here on until we are asked for exit & re-enter?

Reactions: Jaz12

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018

Good luck everyone.
Hi, you are nearly 10 days after us, we submitted our app on Dec 6 2018. So you should be getting some sort of response pretty soon. Good Luck :)

MirGer

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
For the ones who received the OWP email already, hace you received the letter by mail?
We received OWP on March 1 and I saw many people received by mail a couple of days before... Today is our 5th day and I'm starting to worry :(

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
For the ones who received the OWP email already, hace you received the letter by mail?
We received OWP on March 1 and I saw many people received by mail a couple of days before... Today is our 5th day and I'm starting to worry :(
Ours was approved on Feb. 27th (received the official e-mail on the 28th) and we received it in the mail yesterday (we are in Toronto). There was a weekend in-between March 1st and now, give it a bit more time :)

Reactions: MirGer

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Now, I am pretty sure I have seen someone in the November group get their OWP just like everyone else after having submitted their PR+OWP application while they were on implied status from a visitor extension (@Geno.uss ?). So, with the current pace of getting OWP approved in about 3 months and if you very recently sent your visitor extension, it's not impossible that you could receive your OWP before they even process your visitor extension application.
I applied for visitor extension in October before applying for PR and OWP and when I applied for PR and OWP in November 14 I was on implied status because my visitor visa ended in the beginning of November
I received my OWP before hearing anything back about my visitor extension

Reactions: CAN-AL2018

77nn

Jan 30, 2019
You were saying In the OWP they give you a new visitor visa/ ETA and the OWP? If the They means CIC, they are not, you have to apply these documents separately.
You do not need to apply for the eTa separately. When my OWP was approved I received an eTa without applying for it, and I am not from a visa exempt country.

Demetor-35

Feb 12, 2019
Updating timeline.

App. received: December 17th
AOR: February 19th
MR: February 21rst
OWP: received March 6th

I was saying earlier today that I talked to my representative about my work permit and it could still take a while.
My representative called me back today telling me that my work permit is waiting to be picked up.
Good luck to everyone who are still waiting for the OWP.

Reactions: CAN-AL2018

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
You do not need to apply for the eTa separately. When my OWP was approved I received an eTa without applying for it, and I am not from a visa exempt country.
You are from Brazil, right? There is only a few countries that are not visa exempt but still get an eTA:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2018-inland-spousal-sponsorship.594570/page-104#post-7646030

You're right though, CIC does provide an eTA for anyone it concerns when they issue the OWP, but I don't think they provide an additional visa for people from visa-required countries.