VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Applied on April 6
AOR: May 6
Medical: May 10
Medical passed and Completed:May 23
Elegibility: Completed

Only missing so far background check :)
That is incredibly fast. The background checks are the longest part of the procedure but even if you get PR in around 6 months that is still very fast. Getting AOR in 2 month given the strike is very fast. I’m pretty shocked to see how fast processing times have become for spouses being processed in Canada. There should probably be a happy medium between processing times in Canada and abroad. There is now a huge difference in processing times while they were quite similar before around a year ago.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All

I applied for my inland spouse sponsorship on 12 April and today saw Delete option under Action column. Earlier it was just view. However, these buttons are not functional. Does that mean something ? I have not yet received my AOR.

Thank you all.
Have your received AOR yet?

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received an email from IRCC
This refers to the application you submitted to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner or
conjugal partner and the associated application for a permanent resident visa.
Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:
Country Specific Requirements
You may need to submit extra forms based on where the person you’re sponsoring lives.
When you visit the application package page on the IRCC website, you’ll select a country or territory to get country-specific instructions for documents such as: IMM 5562 Supplementary Information – Your Travels
You’ll find country specific requirements on the application package page.
do I need to submit full application or do I need to only submit missing form on my original submission
Your response will be greatly appreciated

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This refers to the application you submitted to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner or
You may need to submit extra forms based on where the person you’re sponsoring lives.
When you visit the application package page on the IRCC website, you’ll select a country or territory to get country-specific instructions for documents such as: IMM 5562 Supplementary Information – Your Travels
do I need to submit full application or do I need to only submit missing form on my original submission

singh_harman94

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
25-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
Applied on May 20, 2023
Principal Applicant in Canada.
Sponsor in Canada.
No dependent.
No AOR yet.
I have checked the processing time on the CIC website and it shows it around 14 months. Considering that my partner's application will be processed in that time frame, I have a question: My wife's (PA) work permit will expire in 7 months (January 2024). Does anyone knows what should we do in that case, as the PR application will still be under process at that time.

Gur323

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
Have your received AOR yet?
Hi

They returned my application package on 17th May due to one form, Schedule A something. I re-submitted on the same day and now waiting for the AOR. I don't know why they cannot process our applications and ask for missing documents later.

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Hi

They returned my application package on 17th May due to one form, Schedule A something. I re-submitted on the same day and now waiting for the AOR. I don't know why they cannot process our applications and ask for missing documents later.
I know I originally applied in Feb they returned it 6 weeks later, again I applied in April they returned it in may...I resubmitted again..it will be nice if they just ask for the missing documents instead of returning the application cause of how long it takes for them to get AOR..

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

They rejected my application on may 24th asking for form 5562 which is only missing piece it is hard to find and unable to locate on drop down menu which I think is their fault but never the less I resubmitted my application very next day as it require my spouse signature so she signed it and sent me copy .. wishing you all the best

Reactions: mvk88

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
If it got rejected that means the processing never started. You should be able to have the option to upload the missing file while seeing “complete” for the other files you did submit, if not you’ll have to start over again

Bruzman

May 16, 2023
Application submitted : April 5,2023
AOR Received : May 16,2023
Medical received: May 17,2023 ( done same day)
Biometric shows completed: May 17, 2023 (Done previously from TRV)
Medical shows completed: May 29, 2022
Eligibilty : Not started
Background check: In progress

chloeilicious

Mar 11, 2023
Application submitted : April 5,2023
AOR Received : May 16,2023
Medical received: May 17,2023 ( done same day)
Biometric shows completed: May 17, 2023 (Done previously from TRV)
Medical shows completed: May 29, 2022
Eligibilty : Not started
Background check: In progress
@Bruzman did you receive medical request for your non accompanying dependent?
I haven’t received any and yet my eligibility already is completed and I already received pre- arrival letter. my background check still in progress though.

Bruzman

May 16, 2023
@Bruzman did you receive medical request for your non accompanying dependent?
I haven’t received any and yet my eligibility already is completed and I already received pre- arrival letter. my background check still in progress though.
No I didn't receive medical request for my unaccompanied dependent