INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bagljas said:
Hello, everyone

My husband is sponsoring me, we sent application in July 2015. We had a representative, but cancelled her because she made a mistake. After that, we updated our mailing address on CIC website and also gave my husband's email.

My question is--do I have to give them my email address as well or my husband's email is enough? And if I have to, how do I do that?

Thanks!!!
The sponsor is contacted for the AOR and when s/he is approved as a sponsor. After that, all communication is sent to the applicant. If they do not have an email address for you, they will have no choice but to correspond via snail mail.

Give them your email address ASAP.

Bagljas

Jul 4, 2016
Thanks Ponga for a quick reply!

I have another question--to add my email should I go to Case Specific Enquiry? In part that says ENQUIRY what type of application should I choose? (my husband is sponsoring me)

JoyG

Jul 14, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I have a interview set for July 13 for my PR landing on spousal sponsorship application. I understand it takes between a month or two to receive the PR card in mail. My question is, is it advisable to travel out of country before receiving the PR card? I have a valid canadian visa and work permit.

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
TodAy I got a letter from CIC saying that they need my indian PCC. An anybody say how did they respond u after submitting PCC, weather the process is gonna be fast?

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Alrighty! Well today was landing interview/appointment day. August 2015 application here

Just a couple people ahead of us. Not a long wait.

The gentleman was quite friendly and joked a bit with us. Did not ask me (sponsor) any questions nor want to see my ID at all. Asked applicant three basic questions about dependants, criminal charges, etc.

Then he simply said "that's it for the interview you can breathe now" and we all laughed.

After that we just confirmed the information on the CoPR form, signed, and he said "you're officially a permanent resident of Canada" and shook our hand.

He then explained a few things about getting a SIN, Healthcare, and some other stuff.

Also, he strongly advised against travelling before getting the PR card. Although he acknowledged it can be possible.

After that we walked a few blocks to a Service Canada office and got a SIN.

Done! ;D

Good way to wrap up the Canada Day weekend!
Hang in there everyone! ;D

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
sawadee-eh said:
Alrighty! Well today was landing interview/appointment day. August 2015 application here

Just a couple people ahead of us. Not a long wait.

The gentleman was quite friendly and joked a bit with us. Did not ask me (sponsor) any questions nor want to see my ID at all. Asked applicant three basic questions about dependants, criminal charges, etc.

Then he simply said "that's it for the interview you can breathe now" and we all laughed.

After that we just confirmed the information on the CoPR form, signed, and he said "you're officially a permanent resident of Canada" and shook our hand.

He then explained a few things about getting a SIN, Healthcare, and some other stuff.

Also, he strongly advised against travelling before getting the PR card. Although he acknowledged it can be possible.

After that we walked a few blocks to a Service Canada office and got a SIN.

Done! ;D

Good way to wrap up the Canada Day weekend!
Hang in there everyone! ;D
Congrats!! I'm excited that you're an August app. Maybe soon they'll go back to July 2015!!!

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Congrats to Domino and Sawadee!!!! Great news.

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
March 2015 applicant
Called the call centre this morning (got a helpful chap - always nice to promote the helpful ones!), and provided my info as i am now over the 15 month first stage wait.
I was told that i was 'one of the lucky ones' who have been selected for an expedited process. I was one of the 34,000 they have selected 2 weeks ago to have their application processed quicker. I have not received anything yet, but should be receiving an email soon asking for some additional documents and then i will apparently get quickly processed.
I was out of status when applying so have been waiting for first stage for OWP.

Dont quite know how to take it.

Expedited. Additional documents. Lucky one.

:-\

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beans on toast said:
I was out of status when applying so have been waiting for first stage for OWP.

Dont quite know how to take it.

Expedited. Additional documents. Lucky one.

:-\
Not being removed from Canada because you are out of status= one of the lucky ones. ;)

You'll be out of status until you land as a PR. Even when you receive your OWP (if you apply), you'll still be out of status, but authorized to work.

If you are being expedited, it might not be worth spending the $255 for the OWP, IMO.

Pacino12

May 24, 2016
Hello,
I am still confused as to how to set up my document with additional proof of relationship.
Must I explain each document ? Give a background story for each category of additional proof or must I just wrote everything very generally and included the physical proof with out paragraphs of explanation.

Thanks in advance

cwisp

Jul 5, 2016
My application was received in March 2015. Called CIC Friday since online it says principle approval is 15 months. The automated message said they were working on December 2014 applications. Call Centre was closed when i called so I called Today so I could speak with an agent. Well Today the message said they were working on applications received before March 9th, i mean such a big jump over the weekend from December to March. Progress i guess right? The agent said my initial assessment is almost completed and should receive some sort of correspondence by mid July. Just a little FYI

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Thanks everyone for sharing their information. It is good to know where everyone is at especially for those of us who submitted applications in 2016.

moanie

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Hello, I am sponsoring my fiancé from Ireland and his Police Cert was requested. I am wondering if I can use the Case Specific Enquiry to get it to them faster or if I have to send in an original by mail? Also, he did his medical upfront last week and although it was an emedical, the doctor gave him proof of medical to send in. Can I send this in by Case Specific Enquiry? Can I send them in together? Thank you

abkz

May 4, 2016
Hello everyone.

my wife and i submitted our application July 30th 2015. on June 18th i received and email from cic requesting me to provide my police certificate.
i sent my medical exam with my application for owp .

online status
sponsor assessment: in process
principle application: received

does anyone know how long it might take from now to process?