+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Sallychanchan

Mar 16, 2016
kapilhere said:
I am in the same situation. They are asking me for police certificate from Australia where I have been for 2 months only.

What is our option
Me too. I am a December, 2015 applicant. I received a request for my police certificate from China, which I summited with the application last year. Since I also have another police certificate in hand and will summit this again. I heard that it's normal that they lost documents once for a while. Oh well, we had better make a copy of some important documents.

Question: I want to send more documents with the police certificate. Is that Ok?

My husband didn't make a lot of money when we summited the application. We make more this year, I am thinking of whether I can send some materials to prove that my husband have enough income to sponsor me. In case they'll question about our finance situation. Is that necessary?

Any advices will be appreciated. Thanks.

MAG_SH

May 17, 2016
zhuerma said:
I don't know what that online form looks like, but because it's an e-medical, the form you send must have the information that the CIC officer can use to locate and track the medical report from their system.

Therefore your form should contains your personal info (name, sex, DoB, passport #), the medical exam date, besides, an exam serial number, your UCI, File # etc would be helpful to locate your report.

If you don't have such information on the form, look at your receipt see if it has such information, if it's only a simple payment receipt and doesn't have those information, you'd better ask the doctor to print you an information sheet for that exam and send the sheet to PR officer via Case Specific Enquiry.
The form got all my personal info on it. I'll send it via Case Specific Enquiry today. Thanks a lot for your help.

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
Hi, everyone!!

So, as of June 30th, my husband is officially a permanent resident of Canada! We celebrated at a family reunion over the holiday weekend :) His first full day as a permanent resident was our 2nd wedding anniversary!

Landing was really quick and easy. We didn't get a "decision made" letter or any updates on ecas beyond showing that the medical results were received. Just an email from Calgary with our landing appointment.

We went to the Harry Hayes building in Calgary and there were a few families in line ahead of us, but the wait wasn't long. My dad came along to take pictures, ducked out to grab some coffee, and by the time he was back we were done! So, no pictures unfortunately ;) We took one outside the building instead.

They asked both of us about criminal history (none, of course) and had us verify that we were indeed married and in a legit relationship. He has condition 51 on his PR so she spent some time explaining what that meant. Handed over his passport for a stamp along with the pictures they requested, filled some stuff out on the computer, asked us if we had any questions, and we were good to go! The whole thing took about 10 minutes. She said we'd get an official PR card in the mail in about 2 months, and that the Canada Post strike shouldn't affect us at all.

Sort of anti climatic, but it was a big day for us! We're very, very happy to finally be done with the whole process. I'll stick around to help others out as well. It's such a relief to finally be done!!!!

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
ajchopra said:
Hello all,

We married in June 2015 and I applied for my wife's PR in July.

Last week, I received a letter stating CIC needs police check from USA. My wife had visited USA for 35 days in 2013.

Has anyone gone through this scenario? police check from USA could easily take 12-14 weeks.

Thoughts and suggestions!

Cheers and all the best!
Why are they sending letters ? Anyone else got letter or some of you guys got email?
I'm kinda afraid that they might send one to my old address,i've changed it to a new one on ecas but still..

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
So,i had really bad feeling about my application and decided to call CiC call centre.Got really helpful and nice lady on other side of the phone line and found out they've sent email (request for additional documents) to me on June 16 th. but i haven't recieved anything.Right now i'm going thru my spam folders on my wife and my email but so far nothing.
Also ,they had my old address on file even after i changed my address on Ecas almost a year ago. I'm June 2015 applicant btw.
What a mess! :-[ :'(

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
by letter he means email, there is an electronic letter inside CIC email so...but i think CIC mostly only sends emails, much faster than actually paper Canada Post mails

use gmail as your communication email with CIC...then add "@cic.gc.ca" to your contact or "trusted list" so it doesn't get thrown away

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
MarioPavlovich said:
So,i had really bad feeling about my application and decided to call CiC call centre.Got really helpful and nice lady on other side of the phone line and found out they've sent email (request for additional documents) to me on June 16 th. but i haven't recieved anything.Right now i'm going thru my spam folders on my wife and my email but so far nothing.
Also ,they had my old address on file even after i changed my address on Ecas almost a year ago. I'm June 2015 applicant btw.
What a mess! :-[ :'(

Pls tell me which number u made call?

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
vancouvernick said:
by letter he means email, there is an electronic letter inside CIC email so...but i think CIC mostly only sends emails, much faster than actually paper Canada Post mails

use gmail as your communication email with CIC...then add "@cic.gc.ca" to your contact or "trusted list" so it doesn't get thrown away
I did all that ,on both email addresses (wifes and mine),and i regularly check spam folders.
Lady on CIC call line mentioned that they communicate with email . But I think she gave me wrong information,i called my old landlord and she's got letter from CIC on my name in her mailbox.

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
samahmedpk2000 said:
Pls tell me which number u made call?
CiC call line ,you can find their phone # on CiC official website.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
samahmedpk2000 said:
I have got 1 (888) 242-2100 on Vic website but no live agent there.
Usually around this time of day the Call Centre is quite busy and it takes a number of tries to get through to be placed in the queue to speak to an agent.

kuriositty

Mar 4, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2015
AOR Received.
June 13, 2015 [OWP 7/15/2015]
Med's Request
May 5, 2016
Med's Done....
May 19, 2016
Got an email from CIC this morning stating I have an interview on July 7. So I'll have my PR soon.

Hang in there guys. I know the wait is hard sometimes, but once it starts coming to a close it'll be worthwhile.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the physical PR card? I'm assuming it gets sent in the mail?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kuriositty said:
Got an email from CIC this morning stating I have an interview on July 7. So I'll have my PR soon.

Hang in there guys. I know the wait is hard sometimes, but once it starts coming to a close it'll be worthwhile.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the physical PR card? I'm assuming it gets sent in the mail?
Congrats!

The card will arrive in the mail (Canada Post) and should take ~ 40 days...however, a few people that landed in late 2015 still have not received their cards, due, in part, to the [not so] new photo requirements, regarding picture size.

You can still use your COPR to return to Canada at a land border in a private vehicle (car) and more than likely use your U.S. passport on a commercial carrier. Just don't mention (to the carrier) that you are a PR of Canada.

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Today I called cic and inquire about sponsor does not received acknowledgement but applicant did, and am i missing any letter or email. I've applied on 15th April 2016.

He said we just only send one acknowledgement.

He also said your application is not in file to process quicker, usual time is 26-months. I asked what does it meant he said u r not in queue from long time and documents.
What should I conclude?
Are they doing extra work in my file?

Bagljas

Jul 4, 2016
Hello, everyone

My husband is sponsoring me, we sent application in July 2015. We had a representative, but cancelled her because she made a mistake. After that, we updated our mailing address on CIC website and also gave my husband's email.

My question is--do I have to give them my email address as well or my husband's email is enough? And if I have to, how do I do that?

Thanks!!!