+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

torres12

Jun 23, 2016
i am feb 2015 applicant .. i received AIP in april 21 .... after that i heard nothing, i am getting worried. any advice? and is this normal ?

Brgrcy

Jul 5, 2016
Hello everybody.
I just wanted to share my status as a 2016 January inland applicant.
My girlfriend and I applied in January and they received our application on January 7th.
My girlfriend who is sponsoring me received an email saying that they have received our application.
I have received my OWP on April 10th.
I have received an email saying that they have received our application on June 10th.
17th June they requested police certificate.
4th July they requested medical.
And today my girlfriend received an email says that she has been approved to be my sponsor.
This week I am going to send my police check and next week I will send my medical.

What do you guys think? Is this sooner than usual? What is the next step going to be for us?
Thank you so much and I wish everybody a good luck.

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
cwisp said:
My application was received in March 2015. Called CIC Friday since online it says principle approval is 15 months. The automated message said they were working on December 2014 applications. Call Centre was closed when i called so I called Today so I could speak with an agent. Well Today the message said they were working on applications received before March 9th, i mean such a big jump over the weekend from December to March. Progress i guess right? The agent said my initial assessment is almost completed and should receive some sort of correspondence by mid July. Just a little FYI
Thank you for sharing the inormation. Im july2015 applicant and i guess i can have a hope now. Also congrats on your app progress hope you hear from them soon.

Pacino12

May 24, 2016
Hello again,

I am in need of some more feedback from people that have sent additional documents via Case specific Enquiry. It states that the total upload must be 3.5 MB. One picture alone is 19 Mb ... How can I send them all my additional documents?
I feel like every time I believe I am done I run into a problem.

Please help !

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Pacino12 said:
Hello again,

I am in need of some more feedback from people that have sent additional documents via Case specific Enquiry. It states that the total upload must be 3.5 MB. One picture alone is 19 Mb ... How can I send them all my additional documents?
I feel like every time I believe I am done I run into a problem.

Please help !
You can get more info on CIC's website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1213&top=23

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Brgrcy said:
Hello everybody.
I just wanted to share my status as a 2016 January inland applicant.
My girlfriend and I applied in January and they received our application on January 7th.
My girlfriend who is sponsoring me received an email saying that they have received our application.
I have received my OWP on April 10th.
I have received an email saying that they have received our application on June 10th.
17th June they requested police certificate.
4th July they requested medical.
And today my girlfriend received an email says that she has been approved to be my sponsor.
This week I am going to send my police check and next week I will send my medical.

What do you guys think? Is this sooner than usual? What is the next step going to be for us?
Thank you so much and I wish everybody a good luck.
Yes, I'd send the police check and medical asap. They are expediting many apps right now. It is sooner than normal, but with CIC, nothing is normal right now. Congrats on the SA (sponsor approval).

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
sawadee-eh said:
Ok, this is crazy.

August 2015 applicant.

We apparently today just got DM via email :eek: (edit: realized it was not DM letter, but landing interview letter, so actually never got SA/AIP/DM letters at all).

Instead of saying what I've read here commonly "We are pleased to let you know we have completed processing..." etc...the letter says "We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for PR interview has been scheduled..."

Then a date. Plus it says all the standard things to bring, photos, etc.

I assume this is the standard DM landing interview and not a genuineness concern in depth interview? No SA, no AIP, just landing interview email from the local office.

My strategy of sending the PCC and Medical 3 weeks ago (before they were ever requested) seemed to pay off!
Hi Sawadee-eh,

the most important thing, Congratulations!! I'm glad to hear that you are gonna landing soon!

Besides, I have a question for you. When you said "local office", did you mean that the office which sent you the interview email is where you live in? I'm a little concern because I submitted my application in a different province before I moved to BC. Would that be a problem? I didn't change my home address because I don't want to make things complicated. My mailing address was still my agent office in the area I previously lived in. So, I assume that I'll have to fly back to that province to finish my landing interview??

Thank you.

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Lons said:
Hello everyone. I wanted to update you guys with my timeline. I received my landing letter from CIC Etobicoke today.

App Submitted: Nov 18, 2015
AOR: May 17, 2016
Med Request: June 4, 2016
SA/DM: June 14, 2016
Landing: July 18, 2016

I wish everyone here a smooth & speedy process!
Congratulations Lons! That's really an exciting news!

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
paulschild said:
Hello fellow inlanders.. Please I want to know if it's a good idea to send my medical even though they haven't requested for it?
If you do it before they request it, you wouldn't get an IME number I guess. So it's no guarantee that the submitted result will be linked to your application file correctly. However, it worth a try. If it works, then you would save about 2 months of waiting. Good luck!

tiska16

Jul 6, 2016
Hi Respected members,

I need some help here. I have applied in nov 2015 and got AOR on 11 May 2016 and second AOR on June 29. I just got a letter from CIC today in mail which is dated 28 June 2016. The letter states as follows:

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Center in Edmonton for further assessment. CIC may contact us for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.

I don't understand why my file has been moved to Edmonton. Your comments on this will be appreciated as I am in panic mode right now.

Thanks Everyone in Advance.

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
tiska16 said:
Hi Respected members,

I need some help here. I have applied in nov 2015 and got AOR on 11 May 2016 and second AOR on June 29. I just got a letter from CIC today in mail which is dated 28 June 2016. The letter states as follows:

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Center in Edmonton for further assessment. CIC may contact us for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.

I don't understand why my file has been moved to Edmonton. Your comments on this will be appreciated as I am in panic mode right now.

they transferred your application because they have some concerns in legitimate relationship to your sponsor. so just be prepared to the interview as they will decide if you teally have genuine relationship.

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
dominokitty said:
Hi, everyone!!

So, as of June 30th, my husband is officially a permanent resident of Canada! We celebrated at a family reunion over the holiday weekend :) His first full day as a permanent resident was our 2nd wedding anniversary!

Landing was really quick and easy. We didn't get a "decision made" letter or any updates on ecas beyond showing that the medical results were received. Just an email from Calgary with our landing appointment.

We went to the Harry Hayes building in Calgary and there were a few families in line ahead of us, but the wait wasn't long. My dad came along to take pictures, ducked out to grab some coffee, and by the time he was back we were done! So, no pictures unfortunately ;) We took one outside the building instead.

They asked both of us about criminal history (none, of course) and had us verify that we were indeed married and in a legit relationship. He has condition 51 on his PR so she spent some time explaining what that meant. Handed over his passport for a stamp along with the pictures they requested, filled some stuff out on the computer, asked us if we had any questions, and we were good to go! The whole thing took about 10 minutes. She said we'd get an official PR card in the mail in about 2 months, and that the Canada Post strike shouldn't affect us at all.

Sort of anti climatic, but it was a big day for us! We're very, very happy to finally be done with the whole process. I'll stick around to help others out as well. It's such a relief to finally be done!!!!
Hi dominokitty, Congratulations to you and your husband!

May I ask if the landing process is at a local office where you live, or if it's really border-crossing? My husband became a PR through the PNP program last year. I came with him for his landing. He drove across the Canada-U.S. Border and actually become "landed" to Canada. For Spousal Sponsor type of landing, don't we go across the border?? I'm so confused as so many people have mentioned "local office", etc.

Thank you. I would also appreciate if someone else could write me a short explanation.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
angora said:
Hi dominokitty, Congratulations to you and your husband!

May I ask if the landing process is at a local office where you live, or if it's really border-crossing? My husband became a PR through the PNP program last year. I came with him for his landing. He drove across the Canada-U.S. Border and actually become "landed" to Canada. For Spousal Sponsor type of landing, don't we go across the border?? I'm so confused as so many people have mentioned "local office", etc.

Thank you. I would also appreciate if someone else could write me a short explanation.
angora - The landing interview for Inland Spousal Applicants is done at the immigration office closest to you. You will probably land in Vancouver. You will go downtown for it....not the border.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
tiska16 said:
Hi Respected members,

As Erwin said, they may have concerns about your relationship. Are you common law? Just in case they request you to attend a relationship interview, you can review these helpful questions on a blog by a immigration lawyer: http://www.cvimmigration.com/?p=510 You can also start preparing more proof of your relationship and send it to the address on the letter.

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
simpsol22 said:
angora - The landing interview for Inland Spousal Applicants is done at the immigration office closest to you. You will probably land in Vancouver. You will go downtown for it....not the border.
Thank you so much simpsol22! I appreciate your quick reply. I'm a bit anxious as I submitted my application in Saskatchewan. So, on ECAS it still shows my old home address in Saskatchewan. I did not update it, just for making things less complicated. The mailing address is my representative's address in Saskatchewan as well. At this stage, should I update my home address online? I've already received SA/AIP and submitted my 2nd time Med Exam Result.

Any idea? Thank you!!