+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mischbrot said:
Guys :D I'm so excited. I guess someone already asked that question in the 200 pages but...

I have finally received my interview appointment via email ;D

Only problem... I'll be in the US on holidays with my wife and her parents during that time. I will cross the border two days later.
Will not showing up to the appointment affect my PR immediately since I will be at an airport two days after my appointment and I guess they can do the interview there as well. Or would it be better to drive to a border in the next days and present all my documents there to avoid missing the appointment?

Thanks for your answers ;D
You should try hard NOT to miss the appointment. If you're certain that you and your sponsor cannot attend, you should let CIC know ASAP, to see if they can reschedule.

Driving to the border won't help, because Inland applicants have to land at their local CIC office.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROBIN PHILIP said:
I hAve called cic several times and they never told me that my application is declined. Is there anyway that I can come to know what's happening with that?
Unfortunately, you won't know until it happens. You'll either have your OWP returned, or CIC will request the additional payment amount to continue processing your OWP (which is rare).

wendyk

Nov 21, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 30, 2015
Hi to ALL,

I received AOR last Friday April 22, 2016, OWP today. Application sent October 20, 2015. App for OWP was sent with application for PR and restoration status same time as my lawyer sent it 1 week after my last WP expired. Hopefully PR will not go same way as AOR :mad:

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
ROBIN PHILIP said:
I hAve called cic several times and they never told me that my application is declined. Is there anyway that I can come to know what's happening with that?
There is too little information from your posts, but I guess I got a clue of it:
1. You submitted the sponsorship and OWP applications in August;
2. Both applications got returned for some reason;
3. You resubmitted the applications in December, unfortunately you only paid $155 for OWP application;
4. You received an email in January from CIC saying Sponsorship application accepted in Dec 9;
5. You called CIC for a few times but none of them told you any news about your OWP.

If the above story is likely true, I would assume your OWP is being or going to be processed, with two possible results:
1. (Good) They contact you to make up the outstanding $100;
2. (Bad) They return your OWP app, the bad thins is, once the app gets returned your implied status ends right away, so you have to apply for status restoration before resubmit your OWP again.

Here is my suggestion:
1. Pay the $100 online right away;
2. Open an Case Specific Enquiry under "Spousal Sponsorship in Canada" to Mississauga;
3. Attach your file number (look it up from your CIC email), the $155+$100 payment receipts, and the SCAN OF YOUR OWP APPLICATION (hopefully you have kept a copy of your OWP application at home).
4. Brief your request saying your OWP paper application had insufficient payment, please forward this scan application and correct payment receipts to OWP department.

Please DO IT AS SOON AS YOU SEE THIS POST.

As long as you submit this Case Specific Enquiry before they return your OWP papers your implied status is kept, even they return your OWP app tomorrow, you're still safe because once they receive your Enquiry and notice your enquiry date is before they return your app, they will reopen your OWP app and approve it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhuerma said:
As long as you submit this Case Specific Enquiry before they return your OWP papers your implied status is kept, even they return your OWP app tomorrow, you're still safe because once they receive your Enquiry and notice your enquiry date is before they return your app, they will reopen your OWP app and approve it.
This is not true. Whether or not the CSE is submitted will likely have no impact on whether or not the Implied Status is jeopardized.

Unless you have concrete proof that this is what CIC will do, the OP should be prepared for anything.

hotairballoon

Apr 25, 2016
Hi there everyone,
I'm putting together my application to sponsor my common-law partner and this forum has been very helpful.

Here is my question -

We are planning to apply inland so that my partner can receive an OWP, but we will both going back to South Korea for four months from September - December 2016 and then returning to Canada. Could this affect our application? Under normal circumstances she would receive a tourist visa on arrival as per usual.

many thanks!

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Ponga said:
This is not true. Whether or not the CSE is submitted will likely have no impact on whether or not the Implied Status is jeopardized.

Unless you have concrete proof that this is what CIC will do, the OP should be prepared for anything.
You are right Ponga, in conservative point of view.
And I'm not wrong, in aggressive point of view. :)

OP should be prepared for everything but it never is.

In theory, implied status ends when a decision is rendered on the responsible case.

But in my "aggressive opinion", when an CSE has been submitted before the decision of app-returning is made, the CSE would be considered a valid update to his case, this update extends the "life" of the case, which benefits the life of the implied status as well (and it is the reason I urge ROBIN PHILIP to do it ASAP).

So when this "case update before decision made" logic is established, even the papers are physically returned during the "grey period" (it takes at least 10 days your CSE arrives to the officer's inbox), a practical officer will still carry on your case once he receives the efficient updated documents.

Except sounds "aggressive", I think my suggestion is still very practicle and workable. so go try it and it never hurts anything. actually the worse scenario is, your case is on the hand of an officer who likes to challenge people's status in a strictive way, then your CSE will be banned and you really have to resubmit a new application... which is the same situation as no CSE ever submitted.

jmorrison

Apr 13, 2016
Any news from the December applicants? We applied on Dec. 17th and still haven't received any news on our OWP. We've called the call center twice and they just keep saying that they sent an email to the responsible officer. It's been more than 4 months! I was not under implied status till a month ago or so.

Do you always get an email before the OWP arrives?

Thanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhuerma said:
You are right Ponga, in conservative point of view.
And I'm not wrong, in aggressive point of view. :)

OP should be prepared for everything but it never is.

In theory, implied status ends when a decision is rendered on the responsible case.

But in my "aggressive opinion", when an CSE has been submitted before the decision of app-returning is made, the CSE would be considered a valid update to his case, this update extends the "life" of the case, which benefits the life of the implied status as well (and it is the reason I urge ROBIN PHILIP to do it ASAP).

So when this "case update before decision made" logic is established, even the papers are physically returned, a practical officer will still carry on your case once he receives the efficient updated documents.

Except sounds "aggressive", I think my suggestion is still very practicle and workable. so go try it and it never hurts anything. actually the worse scenario is, your case is on the hand of an officer who likes to challenge people's status in a strictive way, then your CSE will be banned and you really have to resubmit a new application... which is the same situation as no CSE ever submitted.
What you don't seem to realize, in your `conservative' point of view...is that CIC has no official protocol [apparently] when it comes to underpayment of the proper fee for the OWP. I was reporting what other people here [real-life cases] have reported, where the overwhelming majority had their OWP returned. Some of those people had sent the additional payment and still had the OWP returned.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmorrison said:
Any news from the December applicants? We applied on Dec. 17th and still haven't received any news on our OWP. We've called the call center twice and they just keep saying that they sent an email to the responsible officer. It's been more than 4 months! I was not under implied status till a month ago or so.

Do you always get an email before the OWP arrives?

Thanks!
No, it just magically arrives one day.

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Ponga said:
What you don't seem to realize, in your `conservative' point of view...is that CIC has no official protocol [apparently] when it comes to underpayment of the proper fee for the OWP. I was reporting what other people here [real-life cases] have reported, where the overwhelming majority had their OWP returned. Some of those people had sent the additional payment and still had the OWP returned.
The part we discussed about from last posts is how the officers treat our suppliments, which is already the last part of our efforts to save a case's life.

But the fact is many people's efforts got wasted - their suppliments were not able to go that far:
they went to the wrong office (like regular work permit offices);
or can't reach to the officers (not enough information to locate the major package);
or being sent even before the file is recorded into the processing system (too early);
or reach the officers after the return decision has been made (too late).

Like I said in my older post, the timing to submit our suppliments is very important, no matter sending in paper or by CSE.

So in my suggestion to Robin, I remind him to 1) put his file number (he's lucky of having his file #), 2) completed documents, 3) send it to Mississauga, and 4) RIGHT AWAY! ... all these are to make sure the documents reach the right officer in right time.

Till then, back to what we discussed about, whether the officer will offer him a grace gift, or a strictive result, I'm on the very positive side.

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
zhuerma said:
There is too little information from your posts, but I guess I got a clue of it:
1. You submitted the sponsorship and OWP applications in August;
2. Both applications got returned for some reason;
3. You resubmitted the applications in December, unfortunately you only paid $155 for OWP application;
4. You received an email in January from CIC saying Sponsorship application accepted in Dec 9;
5. You called CIC for a few times but none of them told you any news about your OWP.

If the above story is likely true, I would assume your OWP is being or going to be processed, with two possible results:
1. (Good) They contact you to make up the outstanding $100;
2. (Bad) They return your OWP app, the bad thins is, once the app gets returned your implied status ends right away, so you have to apply for status restoration before resubmit your OWP again.

Here is my suggestion:
1. Pay the $100 online right away;
2. Open an Case Specific Enquiry under "Spousal Sponsorship in Canada" to Mississauga;
3. Attach your file number (look it up from your CIC email), the $155+$100 payment receipts, and the SCAN OF YOUR OWP APPLICATION (hopefully you have kept a copy of your OWP application at home).
4. Brief your request saying your OWP paper application had insufficient payment, please forward this scan application and correct payment receipts to OWP department.

Please DO IT AS SOON AS YOU SEE THIS POST.

On November one paper came back as my lawyer made me sign in wrong place. The work permit application never returned. Couple of weeks before we placed a complaint calling CIC regarding the OWP. Lawyer saying we cannot sent that 100$ since we don't have any file number or something for OWP.

ITS MY BAD LUCK.... HOPE GOD WILL SHOW ME A WAY.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Thanks for your replies Zumbagirl and Cutetwins. I think I will wait before I submit my medical.

mischbrot

Mar 30, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Interview........
20-05-2016
Ponga said:
You should try hard NOT to miss the appointment. If you're certain that you and your sponsor cannot attend, you should let CIC know ASAP, to see if they can reschedule.

Driving to the border won't help, because Inland applicants have to land at their local CIC office.
So just to keep everyone having similar issues posted.

I simply answered to the email form the local IRCC office and sent them my travel itinerary. They have cancelled my appointment now (next day answer!) and will supply me with a new appointment in two weeks time.