+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

installer0129

Apr 26, 2016
I am new here, i am May 2015 applicant. i recieved a letter confirming that the application to sponsor a member of the family class has been recieved by CIC including the UCI and file number and it was dated July 28 2015. what does it mean? the 2nd letter i recieved was february 4 2016, saying that this confirm that your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in canada class has been recieved by CIC on 21/05/2015. what does it mean? what is next?

anyone here please explain to me what the 2 letter i recieved means?

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
ROBIN PHILIP said:
On November one paper came back as my lawyer made me sign in wrong place. The work permit application never returned. Couple of weeks before we placed a complaint calling CIC regarding the OWP. Lawyer saying we cannot sent that 100$ since we don't have any file number or something for OWP.

ITS MY BAD LUCK.... HOPE GOD WILL SHOW ME A WAY.
You won't have your OWP file number until your OWP app is completed and fully paid, so for your case, you'll never get it because your app is short of $100.

Actually since your OWP app is associated with your PR app, so if you send your request with your PR app file number then the officer can easily locate your OWP app.

If you don't send the $100 right away, your OWP will highly likely be returned in a few days (CIC is processing December OWP cases now according to the posts these days), then you'll have such problems:
1. You will be out of status, you need to restore your status (extra $ and time).
2. After you submit a new OWP app, you have to wait another 3~5 months.

But if you try my suggestion, these 2 problems may be avoided.

Of course it's up to you taking actions or not, by all means I want my adivce to be helpful and I always wish you good luck.

Obi-Wan

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
installer0129 said:
I am new here, i am May 2015 applicant. i recieved a letter confirming that the application to sponsor a member of the family class has been recieved by CIC including the UCI and file number and it was dated July 28 2015. what does it mean? the 2nd letter i recieved was february 4 2016, saying that this confirm that your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in canada class has been recieved by CIC on 21/05/2015. what does it mean? what is next?

anyone here please explain to me what the 2 letter i recieved means?
The first letter/email is the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) that usually the sponsor receives with their UCI number and a file number stating CIC has received the application and it is now open (basically open and now in a long queue to be processed)

The second is also an AOR that is sent to the applicant around 8 months after the file is received based on current timelines. It should contain the same file number as the previous ont that the sponsor received. Basically you do not have to do anything it is just them confirming that they are working on the application. Next step is SA and AIP (or a medical request if you have not done it already).

Not everyone receives these 2 (or in some cases even 1 AOR). Just sit back and continue waiting. Based on the spreadsheet, looks like it may be only a few more months before you get SA and AIP.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Obi-Wan said:
The first letter/email is the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) that usually the sponsor receives with their UCI number and a file number stating CIC has received the application and it is now open (basically open and now in a long queue to be processed)

The second is also an AOR that is sent to the applicant around 8 months after the file is received based on current timelines. It should contain the same file number as the previous ont that the sponsor received. Basically you do not have to do anything it is just them confirming that they are working on the application. Next step is SA and AIP (or a medical request if you have not done it already).

Not everyone receives these 2 (or in some cases even 1 AOR). Just sit back and continue waiting. Based on the spreadsheet, looks like it may be only a few more months before you get SA and AIP.
That sounds good! Does it indicate that the processing times from application to passport request have reduced?

installer0129

Apr 26, 2016
Thanks Obi-Wan for the reply! how long does it ussually takes to recieve SA/AIP? and how long it takes for the CIC to process OWP after the SA/AIP?

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
installer0129 said:
Thanks Obi-Wan for the reply! how long does it ussually takes to recieve SA/AIP? and how long it takes for the CIC to process OWP after the SA/AIP?
The SA/AIP is officially - 17 months but according to the spreadsheet is approx 14months, with DM officially another 10months but approx 1 month.

Have you applied for OWP? If you have applied for OWP at the same time you applied for PR you should have received that after 4 months. NOT after SA/AIP

gill1770

Jan 2, 2016
OWP Received Finally!!! :D :D
Also an e-mail to get my medical done in 30 days.
Sept 15 applicant but fist OWP application was returned got the second in 4 months

installer0129

Apr 26, 2016
beans on toast said:
The SA/AIP is officially - 17 months but according to the spreadsheet is approx 14months, with DM officially another 10months but approx 1 month.

Have you applied for OWP? If you have applied for OWP at the same time you applied for PR you should have received that after 4 months. NOT after SA/AIP
i'm out of status when we applied for inland spousal sponsorship that's why i need to wait for AIP before i'm entitled for OWP. I include the OWP application on my inland sponsorship. anyone here have the same case like mine?

jmorrison

Apr 13, 2016
Hello!
I don't think I'm on the spreadsheet but I wanted to share that after a long wait, I finally got my OWP today!! Issued on April 21st.
Wishing the best for everyone going through this process!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
installer0129 said:
i'm out of status when we applied for inland spousal sponsorship that's why i need to wait for AIP before i'm entitled for OWP. I include the OWP application on my inland sponsorship. anyone here have the same case like mine?
Once you have AIP, your OWP will be processed. Just call CIC and `remind them' that your OWP was included with your Inland application.

It seems to take about a month to receive it.

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
jmorrison said:
Hello!
I don't think I'm on the spreadsheet but I wanted to share that after a long wait, I finally got my OWP today!! Issued on April 21st.
Wishing the best for everyone going through this process!
Congrats!!! When was ur application received? Am waiting for OWP still not received.

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
installer0129 said:
Ha ha, ironically me too! Been a long wait for us guys eh. I envy those that 'only' had to wait 4 months!

jmorrison

Apr 13, 2016
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Congrats!!! When was ur application received? Am waiting for OWP still not received.
My Application was received on Dec. 17th. It took awhile and we were desperate. It arrives magically when you least expect it! Hope yours arrives soon!

installer0129

Apr 26, 2016
Ponga said:
Once you have AIP, your OWP will be processed. Just call CIC and `remind them' that your OWP was included with your Inland application.

It seems to take about a month to receive it.
Thanks Ponga for the info...