+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

TDE2015

Apr 24, 2016
Hi Everyone.

Looking to share information regarding our immigration process. Partner is US Citizen and we are finding this immigration process extremely lengthy and challenging and we are happy to see there is an online community with others in similar situations.

Information for the spreadsheet.

Application Sent: 06/12/2015
Application Started Processing:08/13/2015
OWP Received: 10/15/2015

No other information is available as of yet. Any idea when we can expect to hear more? I inquired with MP's office and they said we should have AIP by December 2016.

I am also wondering if we could work collectively to pressure the Min. of Immigration to focus more on improving processing times for Canadian families undergoing the inland sponsorship process.

Thanks

549ANON

Nov 4, 2015
Hi Sophie/Ponga,

So I sent my PCC to Mississauga a month ago (with a receipt confirmation from my courrier) but nothing has been updated on E-CAS. Is this normal?
[/quote]

Anyone?

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
life_life said:
How do you know about this policy ? Is there any source for that ? Besides Micky007, have you known anyone else that suffered that terrible trouble ? I ask these questions because my situation is exactly same to Micky007's one. I also applied for open work permit under visitor implied status. 15 days after the date I sent out the application for OWP, CIC approved my visitor extension application and now I have full visitor status. My OWP application has been in the CIC office for one month so far and I think they haven't touched it. What should I do now ? Thank you.

P/S: This is the first time I have heard that if we apply for OWP under implied status, that app will be declined. Can someone confirm this ?
Micky007, I am so sorry for you. Really really feel sorry for you and for me too. You and me have been reading all posts in this thread for months ( I am a silent user), why didn't we know about this policy, why didn't someone mention it before? So sad!
Hello my Pr journey friends,

First of all thanks gill for replying about my concerns about open work permit.I will definitely will mail out my open work permit application on monday in case using the sme old receipts to be on the safe side.

My friend life_life,
My work permit in not declined actually.What happened was the immigration officer opened my open work permit file on 1 april and Left a note on my that it will be processed after the 1st stage approval which will be 12 to 16 months from now and his remarks on my file was I was out of status at the time I applied which is not true cause I was under implied visitor status at that time.So I called the 1882422100 and the agent told me about above info on 4 april so I asked her the same questions that why other people are getting open work permit while on implied status?Why they did not provide me?She did have clear answer.So she took action on my file right away and sent a mail the "please issue an open work permit asa soon as possible" (excat line she tols me) to responsible office and said you will get it in couple of weeks.But I called them again on 7 april and I have been told give us call back on 4 july back if you dont get anything in the mail and I was like wow sir thats awesome I waited 4 months and now I have to wait another 3 months again. I even contacted my MP on 6 april but she told the same bullshit that she contacted the office and everything is going well with my sponsership file and she has been told by the immigration officer that I will get my open work permit after 1st stage approval.I was fraustrated and said that I already had this information thought your MP can help me out but I guess my MP suck in immigration latest laws and rule.She does not know anything at all and I told her about that they already took action on my file on 4 april for your kind information and she told me to wait.But I am going to send it my open work permit again on monday by mail.

Hey life_life,Thanks for your sympathy but I wont give up untill I get it.
I will recommend you to sent a paper base application with new visitor visa status as its just a one month now.I even sent my visitor visa copy through case specify mail as well but still they put my work permit aside.All the best my friend and send the open work permit application again with visitor copy,with 2 old receipts $255 and $550 and canada post receipt confirmation.This is the best way if you want to save some time.I already wasted 4 months now and I have to wait another 4 months I guess.If I dont send my owp application on monday then probably 16 months.So My advise is please send it again.

Thanks ponga,
I have been following you for quite a bit now as your helping so many applicants out and yes I knew it before that implied status is a legal status and lot of people got their owp under implied status.Guess what they are lucky enough to get nice immigrtion officer and In my case I got sycopath racist immigration officer or may be newly hired ooficer who does not know the rules and laws.I have been facing financial issue, sent them some email through case specify inquiry about how I got stuck and cannot work but they dont give a damn.This immigration officer should do his job properply or this guy will go to hell with playing applicants who is suffering like me..

I wish and pray for all those applicants who suffered and are suffering to get their open work permit or permanent resident.Hope they all get it.

Sorry for long message but thats what happened with me but I know I can still take a mountain down.

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
gill1770 said:
Unfortunately you can only apply OWP online if the first step of you PR which is AIP is done. For now the only option you have is paper application using the copy of same old receipts so that you don't have to pay for it again.
Hello my Pr journey friends,

First of all thanks gill for replying about my concerns about open work permit.I will definitely will mail out my open work permit application on monday in case using the sme old receipts to be on the safe side.

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
life_life said:
How do you know about this policy ? Is there any source for that ? Besides Micky007, have you known anyone else that suffered that terrible trouble ? I ask these questions because my situation is exactly same to Micky007's one. I also applied for open work permit under visitor implied status. 15 days after the date I sent out the application for OWP, CIC approved my visitor extension application and now I have full visitor status. My OWP application has been in the CIC office for one month so far and I think they haven't touched it. What should I do now ? Thank you.

P/S: This is the first time I have heard that if we apply for OWP under implied status, that app will be declined. Can someone confirm this ?
Micky007, I am so sorry for you. Really really feel sorry for you and for me too. You and me have been reading all posts in this thread for months ( I am a silent user), why didn't we know about this policy, why didn't someone mention it before? So sad!
My friend life_life,
My work permit in not declined actually.What happened was the immigration officer opened my open work permit file on 1 april and Left a note on my that it will be processed after the 1st stage approval which will be 12 to 16 months from now and his remarks on my file was I was out of status at the time I applied which is not true cause I was under implied visitor status at that time.So I called the 1882422100 and the agent told me about above info on 4 april so I asked her the same questions that why other people are getting open work permit while on implied status?Why they did not provide me?She did have clear answer.So she took action on my file right away and sent a mail the "please issue an open work permit asa soon as possible" (excat line she tols me) to responsible office and said you will get it in couple of weeks.But I called them again on 7 april and I have been told give us call back on 4 july back if you dont get anything in the mail and I was like wow sir thats awesome I waited 4 months and now I have to wait another 3 months again. I even contacted my MP on 6 april but she told the same bullshit that she contacted the office and everything is going well with my sponsership file and she has been told by the immigration officer that I will get my open work permit after 1st stage approval.I was fraustrated and said that I already had this information thought your MP can help me out but I guess my MP suck in immigration latest laws and rule.She does not know anything at all and I told her about that they already took action on my file on 4 april for your kind information and she told me to wait.But I am going to send it my open work permit again on monday by mail.

Hey life_life,Thanks for your sympathy but I wont give up untill I get it.
I will recommend you to sent a paper base application with new visitor visa status as its just a one month now.I even sent my visitor visa copy through case specify mail as well but still they put my work permit aside.All the best my friend and send the open work permit application again with visitor copy,with 2 old receipts $255 and $550 and canada post receipt confirmation.This is the best way if you want to save some time.I already wasted 4 months now and I have to wait another 4 months I guess.If I dont send my owp application on monday then probably 16 months.So My advise is please send it again.

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Ponga said:
CIC most certainly DOES recognize Implied Status!

No idea what happened to Micky007, but many people are getting their OWP while under Implied Status.
hanks ponga,
I have been following you for quite a bit now as your helping so many applicants out and yes I knew it before that implied status is a legal status and lot of people got their owp under implied status.Guess what they are lucky enough to get nice immigrtion officer and In my case I got sycopath racist immigration officer or may be newly hired ooficer who does not know the rules and laws.I have been facing financial issue, sent them some email through case specify inquiry about how I got stuck and cannot work but they dont give a damn.This immigration officer should do his job properply or this guy will go to hell with playing applicants who is suffering like me..

I wish and pray for all those applicants who suffered and are suffering to get their open work permit or permanent resident.Hope they all get it.

Sorry for long message but thats what happened with me but I know I can still take a mountain down.

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Guys

One question: Is it must to stay spouse in Canada until She get PR if application file under In-Land process ? What if she need to go for family reason for couple of weeks out of canada ?

Please advise

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
makpan said:
Guys

One question: Is it must to stay spouse in Canada until She get PR if application file under In-Land process ? What if she need to go for family reason for couple of weeks out of canada ?

Please advise
Inland applicants are expected to remain in canada until the processing of their application is finished. If she leaves and is denied entry back into canada your whole application is gone. Although many choose to travel during the process and dont have any problems. Is she from a visa exempt country? If so it will be easier for her to travel. Some things that will make travel easier is a valid OWP, a job in canada(proof of employment letter), proof of paid immigration fees, ties back home in the case the PR app would be denied (bank account in home country, address in home country, etc) proof of funds in canada, basically if the boarder officer questions her she needs to prove that she can support herself in canada(or proof you are supporting her) and if her PR application is denied she will return to her home country. Look up duel intent.

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Faolchu said:
I applied inland,I received my OWP recently,I saw on the CIC a message stating they received my application in december,when should I receive the AOR and accept the sponsor portion all going well?
how much did u pay for OWP? I ALSO APPLIED I HAVENT RECEIVE YET I THINK ITSBECOUSE I PAID 155$.

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ponga said:
If you sent the Inland application on August 30, 201, why did it take so long for CIC to receive it? Did you send it with some sort of delivery confirmation (please say yes)?

This is a problem because:

Your legal status expired March 23, but you are still covered under Implied status if you have proof that CIC has received your OWP and that it is not being returned, due to an error on your part. This `error' is usually an underpayment of the fee. The full and correct amount is $255 ($155 + $100 for the permit holder fee). Many people fail to include the $100 fee, so they have their OWP returned.
SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT MY OWP MIGHT DECLINED? BUT I NEVER HEARD FROM CIC SAYING THAT. IF I SENT 100$ WILL THEY WORK ON MY APPLICATION AGAIN?

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
ROBIN PHILIP said:
SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT MY OWP MIGHT DECLINED? BUT I NEVER HEARD FROM CIC SAYING THAT. IF I SENT 100$ WILL THEY WORK ON MY APPLICATION AGAIN?
Hello there, If you were under implied status at the time you applied,may be the immigration who reviewed your file at the time kept your application on the side and did not make any decision.It will be processed after first stage approval which is 16 months.I dont know if you have valid staus now if you do please them your update status and new work permit application again to vegreville.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Most people that underpaid had their OWP returned; only a few were lucky enough to have CIC request the underpayment without returning the OWP. No idea how they decide who gets lucky.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Might sound like a silly question, but I do not wish to take any risk of getting my applications delayed or rejected. Also, I have got lot of confusing information from people I spoke with.

I am sending my application tomorrow. I have all the documents ready, just wanted to know if we need to self-attest the photocopies and the papers containing explanations?

Also, are signatures required on all pages/forms or only where indicated?

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ponga said:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Most people that underpaid had their OWP returned; only a few were lucky enough to have CIC request the underpayment without returning the OWP. No idea how they decide who gets lucky.
I hAve called cic several times and they never told me that my application is declined. Is there anyway that I can come to know what's happening with that?

mischbrot

Mar 30, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Interview........
20-05-2016
Guys :D I'm so excited. I guess someone already asked that question in the 200 pages but...

I have finally received my interview appointment via email ;D

Only problem... I'll be in the US on holidays with my wife and her parents during that time. I will cross the border two days later.
Will not showing up to the appointment affect my PR immediately since I will be at an airport two days after my appointment and I guess they can do the interview there as well. Or would it be better to drive to a border in the next days and present all my documents there to avoid missing the appointment?

Thanks for your answers ;D