+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

JoyG

Jul 14, 2015
REPOSTING

Hello Friends,
I'm a feb 19,2015 applicant. Me and my husband received our SA and AIP today. CIC also requested for a police clearance certificate based on fingerprints, which I'm planning to provide within a few days. My question, is it still advised not to leave the country without a PR Card (even though you have SA and AIP). I also have a multiple entry visa to enter Canada. Would it still be a risky to travel without a PR card? Any idea how long it takes from SA to DM and PR card after CIC receives finger prints?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hortie said:
Thank you!

To explain, the $600 was the fee the agent would charge to facilitate this process which is why I was asking how I could go about doing this myself as I'm sure it can be done by a normal person.
Sounds like a scam to me! There is no way to pay a fee to have this process expedited.

The only time a person that is out of status has their file expedited, is when CBSA gets involved. There have been a couple of people here that were out of status and CBSA requested (not demanded) that CIC expedite their application to AIP within 60 days, to prevent them from being removed from Canada. In each of those cases [here], the applicants did get AIP and ended up landing long before other Inland applicants (in the same timeline) months sooner. Obviously, this didn't sit well with some people here.

Hortie

Apr 10, 2016
Ponga said:
Sounds like a scam to me! There is no way to pay a fee to have this process expedited.
I don't think it's a scam per se but rather a hefty fee for filling out the form as the agent said it would still take four months to process.

The only time a person that is out of status has their file expedited, is when CBSA gets involved. There have been a couple of people here that were out of status and CBSA requested (not demanded) that CIC expedite their application to AIP within 60 days, to prevent them from being removed from Canada. In each of those cases [here], the applicants did get AIP and ended up landing long before other Inland applicants (in the same timeline) months sooner. Obviously, this didn't sit well with some people here.
Sorry, my English is rough, by expedite I meant to use facilitate. To do the forms for us and send them in, track them etc.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hortie said:
I don't think it's a scam per se but rather a hefty fee for filling out the form as the agent said it would still take four months to process.

Sorry, my English is rough, by expedite I meant to use facilitate. To do the forms for us and send them in, track them etc.
Again, there is no way for you to get your OWP until you have AIP...with or without a `facilitator'. ;)

Oh...and your agent needs to be aware that the fee to the government for the OWP would have been $255, NOT $200.

Hortie

Apr 10, 2016
Ponga said:
Again, there is no way for you to get your OWP until you have AIP...with or without a `facilitator'. ;)

Oh...and your agent needs to be aware that the fee to the government for the OWP would have been $255, NOT $200.
LOL! So in other words, no matter what is done, AIP must be received prior to anything, information missing from the exchange with the agent who said that it would take about three months to be approved and to be able to work while waiting for PR. Seems they left out the AIP portion of the process.

So, in order to prepare for the day I receive AIP would you know what forms would I need to get ready to apply for an OWP?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hortie said:
LOL! So in other words, no matter what is done, AIP must be received prior to anything, information missing from the exchange with the agent who said that it would take about three months to be approved and to be able to work while waiting for PR. Seems they left out the AIP portion of the process.

So, in order to prepare for the day I receive AIP would you know what forms would I need to get ready to apply for an OWP?
Yes. You must wait until you have AIP. When you have it, submit form IMM5710 and pay the full amount of $255...then wait for it to arrive ~ 4 months later.

Good luck!

549ANON

Nov 4, 2015
549ANON said:
Great, that was really helpful! Thank you so much Sohie ;D
Hi Sophie/Ponga,

So I sent my PCC to Mississauga a month ago (with a receipt confirmation from my courrier) but nothing has been updated on E-CAS. Is this normal?

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hello everyone,
I applied for spousal sponsership along with open work permit on 18 dec 2015.I was under implied status When I applied.My work permit got expired on october 9, 2015 but I already applied for an extension as a visitor so I was underimplied status which is a legal status right.

I called CIC on 26 march and agent told me that Immigration officer who was working on my file left a note that I was out of status at the time I applied on 18 dec, 2015 which is not true because I was under implied status.He put my file on the side with the note that applicant was out of status and work permit will be processed after AIP.i.e after 16 months.I got an extension on 28 feb 2016 as a visitor so I sent them copy of my visitor status and they updated on my file.I called the agent on 4 april again and told her about my situation that how immigration officer suppose to provide 2 years open work permit and I was on implied status.She was so nice and took an action right away on my file and said that she is going to sent a mail to responsible immigration office to provide me a open work permit asap as I have visitor status now and I was not out of status the time I applied.She told me that it will take couple of weeks to get before you get anything in the mail and told me to call back on 4 july if I dont get anything in the mail.

I am so frustrated,Immigration officer are so irrresponisble and how can they do this mistake to the people waiting for their hopes and at the end we get nothing but stress.I have been waiting for over 4 months unemplyoed and facing financial issues.

Question:What should I do?How long will it take to get a response from responsible immigration office?Should I wait for them to provide me a open work permit or should I apply for the new open work permit again?

anyone any help will be really appreciated

regards
micky

gill1770

Jan 2, 2016
micky007 said:
Hello everyone,
I applied for spousal sponsership along with open work permit on 18 dec 2015.I was under implied status When I applied.My work permit got expired on october 9, 2015 but I already applied for an extension as a visitor so I was underimplied status which is a legal status right.

I called CIC on 26 march and agent told me that Immigration officer who was working on my file left a note that I was out of status at the time I applied on 18 dec, 2015 which is not true because I was under implied status.He put my file on the side with the note that applicant was out of status and work permit will be processed after AIP.i.e after 16 months.I got an extension on 28 feb 2016 as a visitor so I sent them copy of my visitor status and they updated on my file.I called the agent on 4 april again and told her about my situation that how immigration officer suppose to provide 2 years open work permit and I was on implied status.She was so nice and took an action right away on my file and said that she is going to sent a mail to responsible immigration office to provide me a open work permit asap as I have visitor status now and I was not out of status the time I applied.She told me that it will take couple of weeks to get before you get anything in the mail and told me to call back on 4 july if I dont get anything in the mail.

I am so frustrated,Immigration officer are so irrresponisble and how can they do this mistake to the people waiting for their hopes and at the end we get nothing but stress.I have been waiting for over 4 months unemplyoed and facing financial issues.

Question:What should I do?How long will it take to get a response from responsible immigration office?Should I wait for them to provide me a open work permit or should I apply for the new open work permit again?

anyone any help will be really appreciated

regards
micky
I am not 100% sure but as far as i know CIC does not consider implied status eligible to apply for a work permit. They need to to see a temporary resident status which can be visitor or a work permit which is about to expire but not expired yet. I am also waiting on my OWP applied two weeks after you but if you have your visitor permit restored i don't think they will have any issue now. You can send a brand new application with the same old receipts just to be safe and if your first application is approved your second will be void which wont effect you any way.

makcurly

Apr 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-07-2016
danny87 said:
Hi volkov,

Some people get AOR after a few weeks, some after a few months and some people never get it, so there's no knowing when you will get the AOR letter.

If you have a valid status at the time CIC receives your application (trace it through Xpresspost, FedEx or whatever) then you are on implied status, but only if you also applied for OWP (Open Work Permit) at the same time, sent in the same package to Mississauga. The catch here is that if your application is returned for any reason, you lose the implied status as well at the same time. So the only way to now for sure your implied status is ongoing is to get the AOR letter from CIC

If you have a valid work permit right now, which can be extended by nature (so not an IEC work permit, since it cannot be extended) and applied for OWP with your PR application you will have implied status as a worker once your current status expires, in which you can keep working under the same conditions as what is on your current work permit.

If you have an IEC work permit, a study permit or a visitor visa, you will then have implied status as a visitor once it expires, until a decision is made on the OWP application. Once again, this only applies if you submitted the PR application together with an OWP application in the same package.

If you did not apply for OWP at the same time you will run out of status once the current visa or permit expires and you should then, if you wish to keep a valid status, apply for a visitor visa extension before your current visa/permit expires or if it has already expired, you should apply for restoration of status, followed by a visitor visa extension to keep status until you are eligible for a regular OWP, which you can apply for after AIP.

I have read a lot about implied status and believe the above to be correct.
I hope that helps, and if the above is incorrect, someone please correct my mistakes.
Family Class Sponsorship

Hi,
Sorry i came here in between.. like you said above, i applied my for PR and OWP together on August,2015. But later in November, my OWP was returned to me as i forgot to sign one of the form. At this time i was out of status. So i applied for Restoration of status and sent my OWP signed with it on November,2015. Since then i havent heard anything back. I am really worried.

Angie9011

Aug 18, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2011
:D Omg, I finally got my open work permit!!

Application received: December 9th, 2015
OWP issued: April 18th
Home country: China

Sophie could you update my info in the spreadsheet please? :-* Thanks and good luck everybody!

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Angie9011 said:
:D Omg, I finally got my open work permit!!

Application received: December 9th, 2015
OWP issued: April 18th
Home country: China

Sophie could you update my info in the spreadsheet please? :-* Thanks and good luck everybody!
[/quote

Congrats!

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
gill1770 said:
I am not 100% sure but as far as i know CIC does not consider implied status eligible to apply for a work permit. They need to to see a temporary resident status which can be visitor or a work permit which is about to expire but not expired yet. I am also waiting on my OWP applied two weeks after you but if you have your visitor permit restored i don't think they will have any issue now. You can send a brand new application with the same old receipts just to be safe and if your first application is approved your second will be void which wont effect you any way.
Thanks gill,
I was thinking to send the application too_Online applications are way faster than mail one.Do you think I can use the same receipts for online application?I mean i can scan and upload it.I could not see any option tho.I have the old receipts I upload all the required documents for online appliction but step 4 is saying you need credit card in order to pay the 255$ actually.I dont want to pay it again?Any help gill sir..

regards

zergcraft

Aug 26, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Quick question or advice recommendation:

Me and my common law partner are going to apply soon for her PR through inland.
We lived in Australia for the entirety of 2015 (We are now in Canada, her being in Visitor visa), however we did not have a shared lease agreement signed for our room (cash only transactions).
We moved to another unit in Australia in June 2015 with plenty of evidence (Lease agreement, deposit receipts, rent receipts, etc).

We do however have a shared bank account and credit card with a statement showing it was active on March 2015. We also have shared plane tickets, visa stamps, letters from bank/aus govt with same address, and 5 notarized letters from our parents and friends (both sides) stating that we were living in Australia starting January 2015.

My question is, should we wait another month and apply in June just to be safe? Or is the evidence that we have prior to June 2015 sufficient?

Thanks guys/gals.