+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

lvl_stella

Dec 21, 2015
9symmerty said:
1) since you have a work permit until September 2017, you can send your application anytime though sending it sooner would be better since it takes longer to process process some applications these days. You can even send your application Outland which is faster than in-land application though if you do Outland, you won't be able to qualify for an OWP after your Work permit expire. You would also benefit from sending it In-land and get an OWP sent with your application though you might wanna send the OWP application before December 2016 to take advantage of the Spousal OWP pilot project since we don't know if they are gonna extend it for 2017. But then again, you have your Work Permit till 2017 so you have an option, whichever would work best for you.

2)In regards to you question about Common-Law, I can't answer that one for you but if you're planning of sending your application soon, you might be better of going on marriage option if you have a gap. But getting married too would take a little time since you have to register then get married and after that, wait for your marriage license. Though being married is the best option, you have to decide if you actually love each other because being married is a big move, it's a lifetime commitment.
Do you know how long does the process for marriage usually takes? and we are planning to get married, but I'd rather do the common law right now, which seems a bit unclear as if we are considered common law or not , because of the gap... Somewhere in CRA website, it says if you are away for family visits for less than 90 days, you dont have to notify CRA regarding your common-law status. which I guess means the status won't change for being away for less than 90 days...not sure

For police background check, you have to go online and check the RCMP or accredited offices that does finger printing electronically (electornic finger printing takes less time and more convenient if you're planning of getting police certificates abroad where you have lived for more than 6 months within the last 10 yrs or when you were 18 whichever comes first) the fimger printing agency where I went does the RCMP and abroad finger printing too, most of finger printing agency does) tho they asked me if the country where I would get my police certificate requires finger prints because some country doesn't. Try to go online and check where the nearest finger printing agencies are in your province. It depends too (if the country where you would need a police certificate) look at the cici website and it will give you a link of each countries website (where and how to obtain police certificate abroad)
I checked the RCMP website in Canada, and it has the option of electronic submission. my question is regarding CIC conditions. Do I need to attach the application form to the documents I send for CIC?
"visit the RCMP website for instructions. You must bring:

A full electronic set of fingerprints on form C-216C taken by one of these accredited companies or police services
A complete application form (available on the RCMP website)
Reason for your request (eg. For immigration)
Your full name
Date of birth
Sex
Mailing address
Phone number (and/or fax number and/or e-mail address)
Applicable fees"

Thank you so much for your time :)

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
lvl_stella said:
I checked the RCMP website in Canada, and it has the option of electronic submission. my question is regarding CIC conditions. Do I need to attach the application form to the documents I send for CIC?
"visit the RCMP website for instructions. You must bring:

A full electronic set of fingerprints on form C-216C taken by one of these accredited companies or police services
A complete application form (available on the RCMP website)
Reason for your request (eg. For immigration)
Your full name
Date of birth
Sex
Mailing address
Phone number (and/or fax number and/or e-mail address)
Applicable fees"

Thank you so much for your time :)
Hi! I don't know about the gap but since it says "continuously for at least 1 year, I would assume that you're missing a couple months. If you are going to go on "common-law" application, I would suggest to wait for a couple of months to compensate the time you were away.

And for marriage:
-You and your partner has to go to the registry and get a marriage license (1 day)
-book a marriage officiant and plan your wedding
-marriage ceremony
-inform your marriage officiant that you would need a marriage license to use for immigration so the wedding officiant can send it to the vital statistics. He/she would inform you when to go to the registry to request for the marriage license and pay the fees. You will get it in the mail within a couple of weeks or earlier.

Mine took around couple months because there was an error to our license and we had to fix it and get a notary public's stamp. And it also depend on how you planned your wedding and the availability of wedding officiants.

For RCMP, just got to RCMP or Finger printing agency and bring the necessary documents and have your finger print done electronically. Once you're done, they will send your application to vulnerable section RCMP then they will mail your result clearance/certificate within a week or so.

That's the RCMP document that you need to send with your PR Application to CIC

lvl_stella

Dec 21, 2015
9symmerty said:
Hi! I don't know about the gap but since it says "continuously for at least 1 year, I would assume that you're missing a couple months. If you are going to go on "common-law" application, I would suggest to wait for a couple of months to compensate the time you were away.

And for marriage:
-You and your partner has to go to the registry and get a marriage license (1 day)
-book a marriage officiant and plan your wedding
-marriage ceremony
-inform your marriage officiant that you would need a marriage license to use for immigration so the wedding officiant can send it to the vital statistics. He/she would inform you when to go to the registry to request for the marriage license and pay the fees. You will get it in the mail within a couple of weeks or earlier.

Thank you for your reply. so the 2-month gap does not mean I have to wait for another year to gain common law status. Basically, just wait for another 2 months would fill for that gap. right?
Mine took around couple months because there was an error to our license and we had to fix it and get a notary public's stamp. And it also depend on how you planned your wedding and the availability of wedding officiants.

For RCMP, just got to RCMP or Finger printing agency and bring the necessary documents and have your finger print done electronically. Once you're done, they will send your application to vulnerable section RCMP then they will mail your result clearance/certificate within a week or so.

That's the RCMP document that you need to send with your PR Application to CIC

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't just add 2 months. You need to start counting again from when you returned from your 2 month absence from your partner.

A week or two gap is one thing, but a 2 month gap (before you have even established Common-Law status) is probably not going to work.

lvl_stella

Dec 21, 2015
Ponga said:
You can't just add 2 months. You need to start counting again from when you returned from your 2 month absence from your partner.

A week or two gap is one thing, but a 2 month gap (before you have even established Common-Law status) is probably not going to work.
oh... so confusing. Thank you for your help.

lvl_stella

Dec 21, 2015
9symmerty said:
1) since you have a work permit until September 2017, you can send your application anytime though sending it sooner would be better since it takes longer to process process some applications these days. You can even send your application Outland which is faster than in-land application though if you do Outland, you won't be able to qualify for an OWP after your Work permit expire. You would also benefit from sending it In-land and get an OWP sent with your application though you might wanna send the OWP application before December 2016 to take advantage of the Spousal OWP pilot project since we don't know if they are gonna extend it for 2017. But then again, you have your Work Permit till 2017 so you have an option, whichever would work best for you.

Do you know where should I get more information about Outland application? I looked up under "applying to sponsor family memebr who is living outside Canada" but it did not seem the right one for me ... Could you advise please? Many thanks again.

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
lvl_stella said:
9symmerty said:

Do you know where should I get more information about Outland application? I looked up under "applying to sponsor family memebr who is living outside Canada" but it did not seem the right one for me ... Could you advise please? Many thanks again.
As far as I know, you you apply outland even if you're here in Canada. But I'm not too sure about how it is. You might wanna start a new topic here and I'm sure that some people that have done that before would be able to give you some advice. Sorry if I'm not too helpful but I hope you find some good answer soon!

lvl_stella

Dec 21, 2015
9symmerty said:
As far as I know, you you apply outland even if you're here in Canada. But I'm not too sure about how it is. You might wanna start a new topic here and I'm sure that some people that have done that before would be able to give you some advice. Sorry if I'm not too helpful but I hope you find some good answer soon!
You were helpful! :) thank you!

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
butterfly5062 said:
same to u as well...alam ko need natin mag english in order for them to understand and help us in these forum...COngrats to those who have OWP issued already...

hi butterfly5062

I was trying to send you a msg but your INBOX is full, would you be able to free up some space on your inbox so i could send you my response to your msg? Thank you!!

butterfly5062

Dec 20, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
9symmerty said:
hi butterfly5062

I was trying to send you a msg but your INBOX is full, would you be able to free up some space on your inbox so i could send you my response to your msg? Thank you!!
is in not too late if i would send again the payment for open working permit? i am really worried if they will return my application due to that $100 fee and they will not process it..i just pay $155 and i did not know about that $100..can you give me the address where to send it..I really appreciate your help 9symmerty

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
butterfly5062 said:
is in not too late if i would send again the payment for open working permit? i am really worried if they will return my application due to that $100 fee and they will not process it..i just pay $155 and i did not know about that $100..can you give me the address where to send it..I really appreciate your help 9symmerty
Hi! You just have to send a brand new application for OWP to CPC-Vegreville and you have to include a copy of your reciept from your first application (OWP) and pay the correct fees. Send them a cover letter explaining what that you have sent an OWP application along with your PR Application to CPC-Mississauga. Provide them with proof of your PR and OWP app receipt and dates when you sent it and when CPC-Mississauga received your app.

They will probably send your first OWP app to you but don't wait for it coz it will take months.
Send your brand new OWP to vegreville with this address:

CPC-Vegreville
WP-Unit 777
6212-55 Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C1X6

And when they send your 1st application back, send it back to them (again) with the correct payment and another cover letter saying you have sent a brand new OWP app to CPC-Vegreville providing the dates and courier delivery confirmation (if you use courier) which I suggest you do so.

That's what I did. According to b4bow, that's what he did in his situation and got his OWP. He never knew which CPC issued his OWP but as long as he got it, that's what's matter. It's better to do something about it now that wait for your first application return to you. In my case, I was avoiding to lose my implied status and since the processing of App's are taking longer than the usual, it's better to be sure than sorry. Send it right away if you can. Couriers can have your app sent to vegreville the next day so you might wanna get everything together and let me know if you need any help. I was trying to send you an example of my cover letter but your inbox is full