Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
hi every one I am newbie here I am reading posts from other member.. I just sent my application to Mississauga last dec 9 2015..
I just wanna ask if how would I know that CIC receive my application even I track in in courier that they received it already.. I just want to check online if they really receive...or do I really need to wait for the AOR so that I know that my papers doesn't have any problem or missing documents.. Thanks a lot..I am just starting the process but it makes waiting for update is stressful.

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
butterfly5062 said:
hi every one I am newbie here I am reading posts from other member.. I just sent my application to Mississauga last dec 9 2015..
I just wanna ask if how would I know that CIC receive my application even I track in in courier that they received it already.. I just want to check online if they really receive...or do I really need to wait for the AOR so that I know that my papers doesn't have any problem or missing documents.. Thanks a lot..I am just starting the process but it makes waiting for update is stressful.
I hear you I've been checking everyday even though I know that it would take months (some 3 months) to get AOR and some doesn't get it at all based on the recent post I've read from here. I've sent mine on Dec 7 and mississauga received it the next day. We just gotta wait and also check the spreadsheet and get Sophie to include your name there. :)

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
weird question... when we do get an email from CIC, what is listed as the sender name? Just want to be sure we don't miss any emails with all the junk mail these days - thanks!

Erdbeerchen

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015 -
IELTS Request
OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
lauralee15 said:
weird question... when we do get an email from CIC, what is listed as the sender name? Just want to be sure we don't miss any emails with all the junk mail these days - thanks!
Hi,

in my emails from CIC (regarding additional document request) I had always as sender `CIC-email-Communications-CPCM`, had it not in the junk folder but the Inbox folder.

and as I`m here, I would like to wish everyone of you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ;) and to all of you who already got their work permits, which experience was your`s in finding a job with a open work permit ? How many of you are already working ?

Best wishes to all of you :)

butterfly5062

Dec 20, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
9symmerty said:
I hear you I've been checking everyday even though I know that it would take months (some 3 months) to get AOR and some doesn't get it at all based on the recent post I've read from here. I've sent mine on Dec 7 and mississauga received it the next day. We just gotta wait and also check the spreadsheet and get Sophie to include your name there. :)

thanks a lot for the reply I am also from Philippines living in Winnipeg...it took that long to issue AOR...Hoping for the fast process this coming 2016..Gudluck sa atin..

butterfly5062

Dec 20, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
9symmerty said:
Oo nga, araw araw chinecheck ko Yung website lol cge good luck sa atin and Merry Christmas! :)
same to u as well...alam ko need natin mag english in order for them to understand and help us in these forum...COngrats to those who have OWP issued already...

Markito

Oct 6, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have a somewhat odd question...for those who did receive their OWP and found employment, are you able to start working without provincial health coverage? Is this at all an obstacle to being hired? We have private health insurance since in QC you're eligible for provincial coverage once you have AIP.

Thanks!

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
Markito said:
Hi Everyone,

I have a somewhat odd question...for those who did receive their OWP and found employment, are you able to start working without provincial health coverage? Is this at all an obstacle to being hired? We have private health insurance since in QC you're eligible for provincial coverage once you have AIP.

Thanks!
I held an OWP in past (in Ontario). I was never asked about health coverage by any place I have ever worked at. Hope this helps

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
OMG what is going guys?? Singapore visa office is granting PR for around 6 months time!

I just read about some Singapore visa office applicants whose history and background are similar (even weaker) than us that got granted PR in average 6 months. Some even sent their application outland while they are here in Canada. We are 5 months deep in our (inland) application now, received AOR, received OWP. Haha.. ???

P/S: you can't choose your visa office. Since I'm from Malaysia, I can apply through there. The ultimate sign that your PR will get grant sooner is when the visa office waive the interview. If we are called for the interview, we have to fly to Singapore, less desirable. Alas, the main deterrent was we thought the processing time was around 28 months. So that is too long to wait outside of Canada or to be away from my husband as he has to work in Canada, hence we chose to submit inland. Oh well. We choose to walk this road.

Francodel

Dec 21, 2015
A petition to the government on spousal immigration processing times has been started , Please share this across all social media networks and take a second to sign this as well.

This can be found at Change.org "Canada spousal immigration processing times"

change.org/p/john-mccallum-justin-trudeau-canada-spousal-immigration-processing-times

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Francodel said:
A petition to the government on spousal immigration processing times has been started , Please share this across all social media networks and take a second to sign this as well.

This can be found at Change.org "Canada spousal immigration processing times"

change.org/p/john-mccallum-justin-trudeau-canada-spousal-immigration-processing-times
There are already so many petitions...
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor
https://www.change.org/p/office-of-the-auditor-general-of-canada-audit-citizenship-immigration-canada-for-service-delivery-in-inland-spousal-sponsorship?tk=tJoYIvNgtgYQpsPQUUxZx0KmtQpz1uu29wnHZPHGbWw&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email
http://petition.ndp.ca/inland-sponsorship
https://www.change.org/p/honourable-chris-alexander-minister-of-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-decrease-canadian-family-class-immigrant-application-times-and-improve-processes-and-responsiveness-for-applicants?recruiter=366838292&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
NadiaVan said:
OMG what is going guys?? Singapore visa office is granting PR for around 6 months time!

I just read about some Singapore visa office applicants whose history and background are similar (even weaker) than us that got granted PR in average 6 months. Some even sent their application outland while they are here in Canada. We are 5 months deep in our (inland) application now, received AOR, received OWP. Haha.. ???

P/S: you can't choose your visa office. Since I'm from Malaysia, I can apply through there. The ultimate sign that your PR will get grant sooner is when the visa office waive the interview. If we are called for the interview, we have to fly to Singapore, less desirable. Alas, the main deterrent was we thought the processing time was around 28 months. So that is too long to wait outside of Canada or to be away from my husband as he has to work in Canada, hence we chose to submit inland. Oh well. We choose to walk this road.
With the outland applications you cannot rely on the information on CIC website, that's why you always have to do your research. There are so many applicants who would have been better off with the outland route..

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
sophieee said:
With the outland applications you cannot rely on the information on CIC website, that's why you always have to do your research. There are so many applicants who would have been better off with the outland route..
6 months ago we were these no confidence, naive souls who trying to find the best way to stay together. Have no idea the Singapore visa office is THIS generous! From the Singapore thread, looks like applicants who sent on June-July 2015 timeline (about the same time as mine) that got the 'within 6 months' approved. Haha.. I am gonna sip my tea, look out the window and wander about the road less travel now.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
NadiaVan said:
6 months ago we were these no confidence, naive souls who trying to find the best way to stay together. Have no idea the Singapore visa office is THIS generous! From the Singapore thread, looks like applicants who sent on June-July 2015 timeline (about the same time as mine) that got the 'within 6 months' approved. Haha.. I am gonna sip my tea, look out the window and wander about the road less travel now.
Most of us joined this forum a little too late, I wasn't implying that you did anything wrong. You did what seemed the best according to the information available to you. I wanted to emphasize this only for future applicants.
At least you have your work permit, it is a great advantage compared to the previous years.