App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Seems like the spreadsheet hasn't been updated for quite a while or people just aren't getting processed.
I wonder if CIC trying to process 10,000 Syrian refugees for PR by the end of this year is slowing things down for us.
Hopefully I am wrong about that, but it seems like a very high possibility. :-[

Something to think about..... ???

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
sophieee said:
At least you have your work permit, it is a great advantage compared to the previous years.
You are right. We are grateful because of previous years applicants have been proactive voicing out the difficult situation of no healthcare coverage and not being able to work that help to improved the process now, such as the Open Work Permit pilot project. It truly helps.

davris

Dec 3, 2015
Sent Inland Application with OWP to CPS Mississauga Aug 24, 2015 (Police Letter but no medical included). Registered receipt Canada Post Aug 26, 2015. Sponsor received AOR Email on December 10, 2015. Payment via e-payment made on Aug 24,2015 ($1040 for Spousal App and $255 for OIC).

On Dec 23, 2015, I and spouse who has a 6 month visitor visa expiring Jan 27, 2016, called CIC to try and determine status of OWP application as we hadn't heard anything. CIC Call Centre checked against my e-payment receipt and spouses visitor visa number and could find no record of an OWP being processed, said she would need to message CPC Mississauga to confirm what is going on. Asked whether I should reapply - as wife as I understand it could lose implied status, if OWP is not in process, she said not to until I get a response.

Call agent said that I shouldn't reapply for OWP until I hear what is going on, problem is she doesn't know how long it will be before I hear back from them - i.e.. maybe a month or more. Suggested that maybe I should now submit an application to extend visitor visa (which based on what I read will require a medical and a $100 fee). Anyway very stressed about this and the fact that I can't quickly find out what is going on - I have copies of the original application and it did include all the necessary Docs.

Would appreciate anyones thoughts on which way to proceed, or any options I am missing. i.e.:

Option 1) Wait to hear back - potentially beyond spouse visitor visa date
Option 2) Submit new OWP application (whilst status of first is unknown)
Option 3) Apply for visitor visa extension

On a side note as a Canadian Businessman I am discussed at this treatment, we pay application fees for processing and are funding the salaries of these people and they have no accountability or belief in delivering a humane and acceptable level of service - we need to do something about this.

Please feel to add this info to the timeline

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
davris said:
Sent Inland Application with OWP to CPS Mississauga Aug 24, 2015 (Police Letter but no medical included). Registered receipt Canada Post Aug 26, 2015. Sponsor received AOR Email on December 10, 2015. Payment via e-payment made on Aug 24,2015 ($1040 for Spousal App and $255 for OIC).

On Dec 23, 2015, I and spouse who has a 6 month visitor visa expiring Jan 27, 2016, called CIC to try and determine status of OWP application as we hadn't heard anything. CIC Call Centre checked against my e-payment receipt and spouses visitor visa number and could find no record of an OWP being processed, said she would need to message CPC Mississauga to confirm what is going on. Asked whether I should reapply - as wife as I understand it could lose implied status, if OWP is not in process, she said not to until I get a response.

Call agent said that I shouldn't reapply for OWP until I hear what is going on, problem is she doesn't know how long it will be before I hear back from them - i.e.. maybe a month or more. Suggested that maybe I should now submit an application to extend visitor visa (which based on what I read will require a medical and a $100 fee). Anyway very stressed about this and the fact that I can't quickly find out what is going on - I have copies of the original application and it did include all the necessary Docs.

Would appreciate anyones thoughts on which way to proceed, or any options I am missing. i.e.:

On a side note as a Canadian Businessman I am discussed at this treatment, we pay application fees for processing and are funding the salaries of these people and they have no accountability or belief in delivering a humane and acceptable level of service - we need to do something about this.

Hi! I'm so sorry for your experience. It's hard to based on what the agents would say because based on the threads here before, they can only give the advice and information needed but they can't really be do anything once your paper is screwed. So I would suggest to not rely on it specially when it's your application who's on the line.

My application was recieved December 08 2015 and my visa is expiring tomorrow. I've read on the recent post on this thread that some applications were sent back due to missing documents, signatures, etc. And by the time they get their response, they have already lost the status and that being said, (worst case scenario) if you get your OWP application back, you have to send it again and by that time, you wouldn't have a legal status and therefore won't qualify for OWP. Back to square one on OWP application. So you would have to apply for restoration and it's just another process again.
So to make sure that I won't lose my status, I applied for an extension of Visitors visa last night to give me the peace of mind too. At least if they did lose or return my OWP application (I have sent an insufficient fee and only sent them $100 instead of $255) I still would have my implied status.

I just thought I'd share this too: when I realized that I've sent a worng payment fee, I've sent a brand new OWP application to Vegreville using the same receipt of.$100 and $155 (total of $255) with a cover letter explaining what I did. I just though I'd share that for other people to see as well because I had the same situation as one member of this forum and got his OWP. And myself too, is just saving my ass aswell. Consultants, lawyers and agents can advice you what to do but at the end it's still your desicion on what to do best. So goodluck!

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
davris said:

Good points were made by 9symmerty in the post above. Reapplying for OWP or taking agent's words will not help. I would try and apply for extension. Looking at the 2015 inland timeline, it seems like there's no particular order to when they decide to work on an application. I hope you get out of this situation soon.

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Same here i had a hard time dealing with those agents...But thank GOD i have OWP now..Am here in underspousal sponsorship...How long do i have to wait to get my PR CARD...i know its risky to travel outside the country..Got my OWP this nov...Am home sick!! :mad:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
shreecharan said:
Same here i had a hard time dealing with those agents...But thank GOD i have OWP now..Am here in underspousal sponsorship...How long do i have to wait to get my PR CARD...i know its risky to travel outside the country..Got my OWP this nov...Am home sick!! :mad:
First of all, your OWP becomes invalid the day you land as PR. So which is it? Are you still waiting for PR? Or did you land as PR. You cannot get a PR card until after you land as PR.

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Hello!

Has any September applicants received AOR yet? It's passing 3 month time line and wondering whether they are sending out AOR for September applicants.

Cheers!

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
zeloyyy said:
Hello!

Has any September applicants received AOR yet? It's passing 3 month time line and wondering whether they are sending out AOR for September applicants.

Cheers!
I applied september 2nd and got AOR november 28th, you can check the inland 2015 timeline document to see some other september applicants timelines

ghelzkhie

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10 2015
AOR Received.
dec. 10 2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.july 23 2015
I sent mine sept 10 2015 ..we got aor dec 10..some applicants don't receive aor but they received owp right away. .

lvl_stella

Dec 21, 2015
Hi all,

I am late in applying through Spousal sponsorship for January 1st; i.e. I won't be able to send my application by then.
I have a work permit until Sept 2017, and I am in a common law relationship. I would be thankful if you tell me:

1- what happens if I send the application later in January? Will it be sent back to me to apply for 2017?
2- in the past year that we have been together, there was a 2-months gap when I visited my family in another country. Is the time condition of "continuously one year" for common law affected? if yes, would marriage make it okay?
3- for police background check, it says "submitted electronically", and that I need to send the CRC application form with my application. So should I send the paper application AND submit the finger prints electronically?

Thanks a lot !

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
Sent in my Inland application December 24th, 2015. So it begins!

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
lvl_stella said:
Hi all,

I am late in applying through Spousal sponsorship for January 1st; i.e. I won't be able to send my application by then.
I have a work permit until Sept 2017, and I am in a common law relationship. I would be thankful if you tell me:

1- what happens if I send the application later in January? Will it be sent back to me to apply for 2017?
2- in the past year that we have been together, there was a 2-months gap when I visited my family in another country. Is the time condition of "continuously one year" for common law affected? if yes, would marriage make it okay?
3- for police background check, it says "submitted electronically", and that I need to send the CRC application form with my application. So should I send the paper application AND submit the finger prints electronically?

Thanks a lot !
1) since you have a work permit until September 2017, you can send your application anytime though sending it sooner would be better since it takes longer to process process some applications these days. You can even send your application Outland which is faster than in-land application though if you do Outland, you won't be able to qualify for an OWP after your Work permit expire. You would also benefit from sending it In-land and get an OWP sent with your application though you might wanna send the OWP application before December 2016 to take advantage of the Spousal OWP pilot project since we don't know if they are gonna extend it for 2017. But then again, you have your Work Permit till 2017 so you have an option, whichever would work best for you.

2)In regards to you question about Common-Law, I can't answer that one for you but if you're planning of sending your application soon, you might be better of going on marriage option if you have a gap. But getting married too would take a little time since you have to register then get married and after that, wait for your marriage license. Though being married is the best option, you have to decide if you actually love each other because being married is a big move, it's a lifetime commitment.

For police background check, you have to go online and check the RCMP or accredited offices that does finger printing electronically (electornic finger printing takes less time and more convenient if you're planning of getting police certificates abroad where you have lived for more than 6 months within the last 10 yrs or when you were 18 whichever comes first) the fimger printing agency where I went does the RCMP and abroad finger printing too, most of finger printing agency does) tho they asked me if the country where I would get my police certificate requires finger prints because some country doesn't. Try to go online and check where the nearest finger printing agencies are in your province. It depends too (if the country where you would need a police certificate) look at the cici website and it will give you a link of each countries website (where and how to obtain police certificate abroad)

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017