28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
malikhashmi said:
Can u share the reference for this? Is it stated anywhere on the net?
Yes here is a link from the cic website, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=484&t=15

jehss

Dec 31, 2015
Ponga said:
No. Implied status is nothing more than an `extension of your current status', if your status expires before you complete the Inland process.

If a person did not include an OWP or Study Permit with their inland application they would not benefit from implied status. Those individuals would need to apply to change their status (from worker to visitor, for example) before their status expires, if they wanted to remain in Canada legally*.

[*without the fear of possible removal before their Inland application is processed to completion.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hey there; hope all is fine with you; can anyone help me maybe....

Sent both together the PR and OWP applications 2 months ago. Didnt hear from cic yet.
My Visitor Visa expires in a bit less then 1 month.

Since Im close to the American border, have been considering a visa trip to the border to renew it instead of applying for an extention. Is that cool at all?

And about the online extension, have another question.... read here it could be done up to 1 day before your visa expires but the cic website says at least 30 days... am i in the wrong extension page?

Thank you so much!
happy new year!
j

Jul 4, 2014
Wondering if anyone has ever had this issue: I received an automated system-generated letter from CIC stating that I had submitted an incomplete PR application, and it said that more specifically the schedule A background declaration and/or the additional family information forms were incomplete. This is wrong. I have poured over the exact copies I have and could find no error. Also the forms were verified before printing. But that's not the issue. I called CIC and told them the issue. The representative told me that I needed to send an email to the address on the form and state the issue and ask for a clarification. I just sent that email today. However, it says on the form that the info required (another application sent in) has to be recieved by 30 days of the date on the paper which was December 1. I sent the email today. I'm resending the app on Monday the 4th. Upon doing so I will have went over the 30 days. Am I completely screwed now? Does anyone have experience with this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
Justheretovent said:
Wondering if anyone has ever had this issue: I received an automated system-generated letter from CIC stating that I had submitted an incomplete PR application, and it said that more specifically the schedule A background declaration and/or the additional family information forms were incomplete. This is wrong. I have poured over the exact copies I have and could find no error. Also the forms were verified before printing. But that's not the issue. I called CIC and told them the issue. The representative told me that I needed to send an email to the address on the form and state the issue and ask for a clarification. I just sent that email today. However, it says on the form that the info required (another application sent in) has to be recieved by 30 days of the date on the paper which was December 1. I sent the email today. I'm resending the app on Monday the 4th. Upon doing so I will have went over the 30 days. Am I completely screwed now? Does anyone have experience with this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
did you leave some gaps in your personal history?

for the form 5406 you should write also a family information for the sponsor like ur hisband/wife who is PR
when dis you aubmit your application? and when did they emailed you?

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Justheretovent said:
I'm pretty sure if you read back through this thread that there were several people who got a similar automated email. It was then followed up by another email saying it was sent in error and to disregard. However, since it's been a month since it was sent to you, it may be correct (at least from CIC's point of view). Hope things go smoothly!

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
Is funny to think about we are Past year's applicants now...

Happy new year everyone!, hopping this new year bring good news to all in our applications
let's hope for a shorter processing time :D

Nu2This

Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 26, 2016
9symmerty said:
I forgot to mention to you that since your spouse is trying to complete the PR application, and since he had already paid for the Visitors Extension, he might wanna send his application before his status expire which you can do so online.
Thank you for the help and suggestions. My money matters may have been solved so that can I send everything off together as I know it's the best way. I will know by week's end and then plan to get our papers in order.

How do you organize the PR application envelope so it's easier to for CIC to go through when they receive it?

You mentioned the Extension Application can be submitted online?
My spouse has already paid for it, so do we not need to mail in the application?
If we were to mail it in, does it go to Mississauga, or Vergreville?

I was a bit confused as to where to mail the entire package to once I get everything together?

I do have an extension application form at home completed, if I apply online, can I simply scan it to submit it or is there an e-form to apply? I plan on looking into this option this evening because it sounds like a time saver.

I tried soooo many times during the holidays to get through to the CIC contact centre, and they wouldn't even place my call in the queue because of "higher than normal call volumes". Talk about frustrating.

This forum is a wonderful resource and there are many knowledgeable people on here, much respect and gratitude to all of your for your help and guidance.

Another unrelated question, where do you get the tickers from for counting? How do I set my profile with a flag and info?

Thank you again!

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Nu2This said:
Thank you for the help and suggestions. My money matters may have been solved so that can I send everything off together as I know it's the best way. I will know by week's end and then plan to get our papers in order.

How do you organize the PR application envelope so it's easier to for CIC to go through when they receive it?

You mentioned the Extension Application can be submitted online?
My spouse has already paid for it, so do we not need to mail in the application?
If we were to mail it in, does it go to Mississauga, or Vergreville?

I was a bit confused as to where to mail the entire package to once I get everything together?

I do have an extension application form at home completed, if I apply online, can I simply scan it to submit it or is there an e-form to apply? I plan on looking into this option this evening because it sounds like a time saver.

I tried soooo many times during the holidays to get through to the CIC contact centre, and they wouldn't even place my call in the queue because of "higher than normal call volumes". Talk about frustrating.

This forum is a wonderful resource and there are many knowledgeable people on here, much respect and gratitude to all of your for your help and guidance.

Another unrelated question, where do you get the tickers from for counting? How do I set my profile with a flag and info?

Thank you again!
Hi! I would suggest for you to send your PR and OWP application first. Don't inlcude your Visitor Extension on your application because you have an application for OWP with your PR app. You don't wanna confuse them. I would suggest to have your extension applied (paper application) since you have paid for it already.after they receive your PR and OWP app. It might give you more chances of getting approved than not because you don't really need it since you have OWP application which will give you an implied status. And you can mention that to your cover letter by providing them with dates (when you sent and when CPC received your application.

But since you wanna play it safe (like some applicants did) you can apply for visitor extension to make sure u don't lose your implied status in case they send your application back for some reason (missing signature, documents etc.) but yes I would suggest you wait until they received your application then apply for extension and send it to vegreville. Go online and see where you need to send it.

I know there's so many ways on how the applicants arranged their applications, some did a 3 envelope application where the applicant, sponsor and supporting docs are all sorted out in 3 envelopes. I was thinking of doing it but at the end I didn't wanna complicate things, I sent mine following the checklist order.

If you apply for your extension make sure you have the barcode on top of your form and send it to vegreville.

I sent my PR and OWP app to CPC-Mississauga. There's 2 addresses where u can send them. It depends if you are sending it through courier or canada post. I would suggest courier.

If you wanna be included on the spreadsheet I'd suggest you notify sopheee and if you wanna edit your inof (flag etc.) you gotta go to your profile and edit it

jehss

Dec 31, 2015
hey everyone; have a couple of questions... really appreciate is someone can help me...

Sent both together the PR and OWP applications 2 months ago. Didnt hear anything from CIC yet.

My Visitor Visa expires in a bit less then 1 month. For what i understood its not implied status since they might not have started working on my application yet... So, for staying legally in Canada i would either extend my visitor visa or leave the country and come back with a renewed visa.

Since Im close to the US border, have been considering a visa trip to the border to renew it instead of applying for an extention. Is that cool at all? And if yes should i send CIC a letter with my new visitor visa updated?

And about the online extension, have another question... read here in the forum that it could be done up to 1 day before your visa expires but the cic website says at least 30 days... am i in the wrong extension page?

Thank you so much!
j

Duch

Aug 20, 2015
Hey Guys!!!!!!!

This is a wonderful day for me!!!!!
I cannot contain my happiness inside my chest so please excuse me if I sound super super cheese.
I just got in my mail my Open Work Permit. Valid for Two Years. type 27

* My aplication was received by CIC. on September 15th (Second time due to a missing signature)
* The OWP was issued on December 29th
* I received got my OWP in my mailbox today January 4th.

111 days in total. Seems like CIC is gaining speed.

Hold Tight guys. The time will come.

Cheers

Ps.
Just Wondering:
One of my OPW conditios says: MUST LEAVE CANADA BY 2017 DEC 29TH
Please advice on this. I assume that it is because I should have my PR residence by then.

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Duch said:
Hey Guys!!!!!!!

I cannot contain my happiness inside my chest so please excuse me if I sound super super cheese.

* My aplication was received by CIC. on September 15th (Second time due to a missing signature)

Cheers

Ps.
Just Wondering:
Please advice on this. I assume that it is because I should have my PR residence by then.

So happy for you :) A great new year's gift. Can you tell me when you receive your AOR? I sent out mine 22nd of Sept and i haven't heard anything yet. Just wondering...

Congrats!

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Duch said:
Hey Guys!!!!!!!

Cheers

Ps.
Just Wondering:
Congrats!

The date shown on your work permit- is its expiry date (exactly 2 years since it has been issued). Cic tends to give a two-year work permit for inland spousal sponsorship applications (with some exceptions, of course). And unfortunately it doesn't guarantee that you'll get pr by then.

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
My app was received sep 2nd and still waiting for OWP, called today and they flagged my work permit application since its after the processing time, does anyone know how long it usually takes after they flag it?

adivas

Jun 24, 2015
Hey guys.
I submitted my PR application under spousal category on 11th May 2015 and got my 1st AOR on 17th July 2015. When I check online it says application on 11/5/2015 and 'In Progress' from 28/7/2015. Any idea how long is it going to take for the next step. Thanks

Mbazinga

Mar 6, 2015
Duch said:
Hey Guys!!!!!!!

Cheers

Ps.
Just Wondering:
Would you mind if i ask, did submit both PR & OWP application in the same time (Sept. 15th) ?